Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(85 Posts)
12Michael Thu 30-Apr-20 06:09:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a blue sky and dry with cloud here in Brackley this morning.
Today, watch TV , do the Kitchen Floor , see what mail I get .
But mostly I looked at what things I have beside the computer , TV, I have books, CD`s and DVD`s only played if a situation of nothing else , and of course the phone.
The end of the month ,and the start of anew one tomorrow .
Take Care ,
Mick

Oopsadaisy3 Thu 30-Apr-20 19:55:25

Has anyone heard from MOnica recently?

GabriellaG54 Thu 30-Apr-20 19:08:03

dragonfly46
?
It may seem that way to some but I assure you, it's just my normal at the mo and Itry to enjoy myself as much as possible within the limits of the new regs.
This morning I took the bus and arrived at M&S about 08.8 which is the oldies hour (8-9) and I was the only passenger for the whole journey, about 35 mins. The buses passing M&S are pretty infrequent now so I had a wait to catch the return and it had 3 other people on it. Seats are alternate rows with others marked as not in use. Buses are so clean, seats freshly steamed and you could eat off the floor.
No Marks staff were wearing masks or gloves, nor was I and shelves were full to bursting with everything you could want.
I do however, get home deliveries from Sainsos and if your delivery is after 2pm and your order is £100 or more, it's free. I let someone else shop on my account so I can have a small order and they make up the difference.
My life is very ordinary but I'm in excellent health and have no worries so that may contribute to your perception of my living a charmed life.
Also, I am not as involved with the daily ins and outs with AC GC and GGC as they all live further than 100 miles from me and all except the tinies are working f/t. We are not face-timing every day and often not even every week so not as involved as most seem to be on here.
I don't want to live their lives and know all the details. They are capable adults and find their own solutions. We all prefer it that way and if they didn't, I certainly do. ???

Marydoll Thu 30-Apr-20 16:06:49

Thanks for letting us know, I was wondering if she was ok.
Hoping she feels better soon.

Susan56 Thu 30-Apr-20 16:04:12

Hi everyone,just to let you know I have heard from Cherry.
She was admitted to hospitaldue to her medical condition,now home but on strict rest and recuperation for 24 hours.
She hopes to be back posting soon and sends her thanks for all the kind thoughts and messages.
So relieved to hear from her and that she is on the mend?

GrannyOwl5 Thu 30-Apr-20 12:23:56

Good afternoon all from east Kent...did hope to post earlier, but got caught up with things. I have been out in the big wide scary world - it's still there but a bit quieter! I delivered some groceries to a shielding friend on the other side of town, so had to use my car for the first time in weeks which felt very strange!
Hope those with birthdays have a reasonably good day; good wishes to Dexter and little Henry.
Stay safe and well everyone else!

dragonfly46 Thu 30-Apr-20 12:16:25

Gabrielle you seem to lead a charmed life.
I would give anything to be able to go out for runs and most of all to go to M&S and choose my food.
Those apple turnovers are indeed delightful but as it would seem I am going to be shielded until September when Ocado will start delivering M&S food I will have to wait until then.

Serendipity22 Thu 30-Apr-20 12:10:28

Oooops.... forgot to say Good Afternoon from Yorkshire ...smile

Serendipity22 Thu 30-Apr-20 12:09:01

Good afternoon everyone .... hahahaha.... I did say Good Morning on YESTERDAYS post instead of todays ooooops..... I dont even known what day it is !!!

The weather is chilly and blue sky..... I have been sat in the kitchen with my sewing machine and endless coffees, I am making a patchwork drawstring bag for my friend... the material is various pieces of her GC clothes.... I'm not blowing trumpets, but I'm pleased with it so far smile.

Later today I am going to do the weekly food shopping, I need ( I emphasize the word 'need') a hair dye, so I am going to Morrisons to get it and do my weekly shop at the same time .....

Before I go, a word of positivity, we will get through this, we will. smile

GabriellaG54 Thu 30-Apr-20 11:52:52

call all
but and but he

GabriellaG54 Thu 30-Apr-20 11:48:55

Good morning playmates...?? I hope you're call well and as contented as you can be. Let's try and get ourselves cloaked in positivity, a hard ask but then I don't do easy stuff as you well know.
Today, after my uneventful run but made nicer by other runners giving the ??‍♀️??‍♂️?as they passed, I showered changed, put on a wash and went to M&S.
Second in queue, bought my fav milk and butter, 2 freshly baked apple turnovers (nobody makes them better) 2 boxes of hot choc sachets, quiche, mixed grapes, raspberries, bananas, pots and ciabatta garlic butter fingers, plain yogurt and Italian coffee...and a small seeded wholemeal loaf, still warm ?
Back home, gave my water meter reading, hung up washing, put fresh sheets n pillowcases on bed and now having a strong espresso.
No idea about brekkie as not hungry, maybe an energy bar and apple juice.

There are rumblings that the over 50s will have to stay in lockdown longer and youngsters will be freed from prison to roam the streets...or something along those lines.
I'm not happy about that as the young element in society seem not to care anyway regardless of rules.
I'm glad Priti Patel has her hand firmly on the rudder as regards immigration both legal and illegal. She is determined to make a difference and I'm all for that.
I had a WhatsApp message yesterday from an 'old' flame. He's been messaging me since 2011, we've met a couple of times but and knows I'm in a relationship of sorts, however, he's quite persistent about meeting again but he has no conversation. An ex pro sportsman and Olympic medallist...he chats about nothing else. ????
Meanwhile, I have no plans for the rest of today other than read, sleep and scroll online.
Be good, be safe be kind and try to pamper yourself. We all deserve me time.
???? for everyone and see you tomorrow ??

Kalu Thu 30-Apr-20 11:38:22

Just popped back to wish Evie HAPPY BIRTHDAY ?
I do feel for you gilly Even when a loving granny isn’t always near children don’t forget that love.
My GD2 will be 11 in two weeks. We have ordered presents for opening on her birthday and DD1 has plans to make her day as special as possible, we will FaceTime but I am so missing my granny sandwich as we call it, a GD either side’s of me squeezing tight. Oh dear, I’m filling up
It is so difficult but my goodness how much worse it would be without social media to at least see our DGC.

Happy birthday to you too Moggie ?

farview Thu 30-Apr-20 11:33:38

Welcome Lovelifelynn stay safe everyone ?

jacq10 Thu 30-Apr-20 11:31:49

Thanks Taichinan for that lovely poem. Have taken a screenshot of it and will send to DGS. He is 10 and that echoes a lot of his thoughts. He was very worried at first but we have settled into a routine now to keep in touch but he is so missing school. It is not a bad day up here so hope it stays dry for the Thursday clap.

Susan56 Thu 30-Apr-20 11:16:09

Taichinan thank you for sharing.What a beautiful poem and how talented young Riley is.

Taichinan Thu 30-Apr-20 11:07:02

This is it - I hope!

Feelingmyage55 Thu 30-Apr-20 11:04:50

Good morning all. Haven’t posted for a few days as I was having a a willowy wobble. Also my some of the medication that I need all the time is unavailable although the NHS website says there are no shortages. However on a brighter note I am lucky to have a garden and greenhouse to distract me. The radio has been good too, preferring that to the TV just now. Thank goodness for FaceTime and free phone calls. Imagine if we had to queue for the phone. Technology has been a good ally during this time. Birthday wishes to Evie gillybob and plan a party for when lockdown lifts. Perhaps you could as maw suggests read to her or as she is so young sing one or two nursery rhymes depending on how long she’ll stay onscreen. Or maybe make a sock puppet to sing to her. I feel the pain of missing my family too. Greetings to everyone else and we need to keep on keeping on. I am going to bake a cake for myself and say Hpapy Bithday to Evie, Colonel Tom and moggie. Mind boggling at pantglas’s full monty breakfast???!!!! ?

Taichinan Thu 30-Apr-20 11:04:23

Good morning from a grey but soft and gently raining Angus coast. I'm late again! I'm going to try to attach a poem that was written by an 11 year old boy who lives just down the coast from me. I do hope it works as it's so beautiful, coming from such a young lad.

Susan56 Thu 30-Apr-20 10:49:25

Thank you for the good wishes for Henry.x
Moggie,happy birthday???

Legs55 Thu 30-Apr-20 10:49:19

Good morning all from wet Devon, rained heavily but now looking a bit brighter, maybe we'll see the sunshine laterhmm

Back to painting today, shopping tomorrow so I need to move early, avoiding the "Big Four" Supermarkets where possible. I'm trying to use smaller shops where I can

Wishing every-one a good day, my DD & I have been using Messanger a lot to keep in touch with the occasional phone call. Maybe time for Facetime this weekend so I can see DGSs if they stay still long enoughgrin

whywhywhy Thu 30-Apr-20 10:49:15

Good morning from a grey, cold and wet market Harborough. Stay safe and sane. X

Lovelifelynn Thu 30-Apr-20 10:40:57

Hi everyone, my first post here. Heavy rain here in Weymouth, luckily I walked the dogs and got in before the heavens opened. I have a knitting project on the go Copenhagen building blocks for those of you that knit or are interested so that has kept me sane the last 6 weeks. Will do a little Duolingo Spanish which I also started at the beginning of the lockdown that's getting harder though. I have been baking a lot but need to cut back due to the pounds going on. Anyway take care everyone and stay safe.

Maybelater2020 Thu 30-Apr-20 10:32:00

Good morning from a cold and sunny Chester. There are lots of clouds around and we are expecting rain later. Out for my usual walk this morning, it is the highlight of my day at the moment and gives me the opportunity for a chat with other dog walkers. I do feel for those who are unable to go out for whatever reason and for those who do not even have the use of a garden. Take care everyone.

Urmstongran Thu 30-Apr-20 10:29:06

Many happy returns of the day to you moggie! ??
You’re in the ages between little Evie & Col. Tom. That’s the 3 of you today!
❤️❤️?

moggie Thu 30-Apr-20 10:28:30

Hope Henry’s appointment goes well Susan56

dragonfly46 Thu 30-Apr-20 10:28:00

I hope Henry's appointment goes well Susan.

It must be so much harder for you Gilly as you are used to seeing little Evie regularly.
I only see my DGC spasmodically as they are tiny still and live far away. I do get the videos of them from my DiL daily though.

Sorry you are in pain Mary I hope you feel better as the day goes on. I am very low today and tears are very near but will have to get through it. Just off to take the dog to the hospital now despite the fact I am shielding!!