Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(84 Posts)
12Michael Thu 30-Apr-20 06:09:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a blue sky and dry with cloud here in Brackley this morning.
Today, watch TV , do the Kitchen Floor , see what mail I get .
But mostly I looked at what things I have beside the computer , TV, I have books, CD`s and DVD`s only played if a situation of nothing else , and of course the phone.
The end of the month ,and the start of anew one tomorrow .
Take Care ,
Mick

ninathenana Thu 30-Apr-20 06:35:49

Good morning Mick and all who follow.
Sunny start in Kent but still flippin' chilly. I have zero plans for today. Will just try and pass the time as best I can
Stay safe everyone

Sark Thu 30-Apr-20 06:35:52

Good Morning Mick and everyone.
Sunny morning in Oxfordshire.
Hello to Juju17 and congratulations to Boris and Carrie...they will never forget 2020!
Have a good day everyone and best wishes to all

cornergran Thu 30-Apr-20 06:36:01

Morning Mick, morning All. Cloudy start to our corner of Somerset, rain due later. Venturing out for a shop this morning, first time for three weeks. Not sure if I’m excited or nervous. These strange times can be unsettling. Our usually robust son acknowledged he’s concerned about an imminent return to a busy workplace because he can’t control how others behave. Guess that’s it really. Some sewing and a walk this afternoon. Be gentle with yourselves everyone and stay safe.

Scentia Thu 30-Apr-20 06:41:12

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. Looks lovely out there today, I was expecting rain and thunder today!
Starting a 48hr shift at my ‘new’ job at 7am. I do get to go to sleep at night!
Tired already as the dog kept me awake a lot of last night, she couldn’t settle, in the end I slept in the sofa with her. They were fixing the railway lines and the banging was scaring her?

Take care everyone and stay safe today?

Urmstongran Thu 30-Apr-20 06:48:33

Good morning everyone from Malaga where the sun’s just coming up.

Thursday = Himself going over to SuperSol. It’ll be a bit busier today as tomorrow is a public holiday here ‘Labour Day’.

I’m sure all of us would like to wish Captain Tom a very happy 100th birthday!

Hope Thursday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Beechnut Thu 30-Apr-20 06:57:55

Good Morning everyone.

Wishing Captain Tom a very Happy Birthday ?

It’s bright to the east on Severnside with dark clouds to the west.

Another pottering day for me and possibly some admin that I have been putting off.

I hope that BlueSapphire is ok.
Keep well and safe all ?

NotAGran55 Thu 30-Apr-20 07:02:02

Thank Good morning from sunny West Berks.

More of the same today.
Tidy a cupboard, not many left now . Walk in the woods, make homemade soup and cheese scones for lunch .

Take a look in the bank account to check my first furloughed pay has arrived OK . Feels awful being at home when 50% of the staff are working.

Happy Birthday to Captain Tom ! Surely he will make £30m today , £29,599,740 , not far to go .

Let’s hope we all make it to ? .

Stay in > Protect the NHS > Save lives .

Pantglas2 Thu 30-Apr-20 07:03:43

Morning all from a dry but damp north Wales where I’ve been up since sparrowfart doing the necessary- I too am off on the big shop cornergran and I’ll admit to being anxious! ? Never mind I’ve got my Big Girl knickas on - I can do this!

DH has promised a Full Monty for brunch when I get back so that’ll make me race around, no dawdling! Nothing else planned for the rest of the day and as it’s promising rain later, just as well really. Hope you all have better weather than me and stay safe x

NannyJan53 Thu 30-Apr-20 07:08:39

Good Morning from a brighter Black Country. It rained most of yesterday, but the sun came out around 3pm, so we were out in the front garden, trimming bushes and clearing moss between the block paving.

Had a video call with Mum in the morning, but we added my Niece in Australia, and my DS. It would be much harder to bear without our technology.

Just watching Captain Tom on BBC News now. Happy Birthday Captain Tom!

DD says schools may start opening in June on a very limited basis. Not sure how that will work!

No real plans today, just go with the flow, I am sure I will find something to do even if it's housework!

Wishing you all a good day, and stay safe and well x

Ginny42 Thu 30-Apr-20 07:09:35

Good morning Mick and how nice to see your greeting each morning. It's rained overnight in Cheshire, but the sun's breaking through. Yesterday the weather changed dramatically from a very rainy morning to an afternoon of cloudless skies. Hoping for the same today.

Captain Tom to be made Colonel! Wonderful news!

Finding it hard to stay occupied for the long days alone. Video calls and telephone chats with family and friends are keeping me grounded. I start watching films and give up at the first sign of violence or something I don't like. I've become a fan of celebrity rail trips and I love those two Americans who travel around collecting old stuff from peoples' barns!

Two weeks ago I ordered flowers and they cheered me up, so I think I'll treat myself to some more. It looks like home with flowers in a vase.

Warm wishes to everyone. Stay safe Scentia and all going to work. flowers for all.

Urmstongran Thu 30-Apr-20 07:09:55

Here you go Pantglas ?????
I’m happy to share some of this gorgeous weather!

The parakeets are making such a racket this morning, I can smell the pine trees and 3 ducks are in our swimming pool already!

kittylester Thu 30-Apr-20 07:18:21

Morning all from a sunny North Leicestershire.

I think Capt Tom is now a Colonel!! So, happy birthday Colonel Tom.

I do get irritated by people, especially news readers, saying he raised that money for the nhs as he raised it for nhs charities- a totally different thing.

Rant over!!

Might go for a walk first thing as there is rain in the forecast later. I also need to iron, yet again!! And, clean the bathrooms, again!!

Stay safe everyone!

Pittcity Thu 30-Apr-20 07:19:04

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Had internet trouble yesterday but it seems ok now.
Will be off to Lidl soon and Jay's YouTube quiz with a family Hangouts team is now a regular Thursday thing after the clapping.
Happy centenary to Colonel Tom. Looking forward to the flypast.

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 30-Apr-20 07:26:46

Good morning from east London, sunny after the rain overnight but temperature not looking too clever. Enjoyed our walk over to the Wetlands yesterday, very few people out, geese watching out for the goslings and swifts swooping and swirling around us. As it’s Thursday I’m off to the foodbank this morning, wonder if we’ll match last week’s record distribution and then it’s my ‘normal’ choir tonight, with ‘Give a bit of love’ being the featured song. Have a good day.

brook2704 Thu 30-Apr-20 07:27:51

Good morning Mick and all from a sunny Inverness - I think it rained in the night as I could hear the drip drip of the leaking gutter outside the bedroom window ... now that’s another job for DH to tackle today !
Welcome to Juju I think she posted yesterday later on and Happy 100th to Colonel Tom ?
Nothing different planned today, yesterday just for a change I did the local walk in the woods in the opposite direction and it did look a bit different - it’s the little things that can make me happy right now ... ! ?
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and sending hugs to all with worries and struggles ?

Sar53 Thu 30-Apr-20 07:29:14

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Essex by the sea.
We had a great quiz evening with my 2 daughters and their husbands last night and it was good to see the 3 eldest granddaughters too. No one did very well ?? but it was good to see each other. We will do it again in 2 weeks time.
DH will brave the supermarket later on for the weekly shop whilst I will do a bit of housework.
Nothing much else planned for today.
Take care and stay safe everyone xx

Puzzler61 Thu 30-Apr-20 07:32:25

Good morning GNers. I joined just 2 weeks ago and I’m so glad I did. With most of my other Groups closed down you have all been my salvation and this is such a lovely thread.
It’s a dry breezy morning in Worcs. My first thought on waking was “Happy Birthday” Capt. Tom. Hope he has a spectacular day - I’m looking forward to seeing lots of items on TV surprising him and celebrating with him, his family and friends. Somehow I don’t think it will tire him out! What a Man.
Keep safe to all who venture to shops today.
And whether you plan to be busy, or take it easy, do what makes you happy. ? and Thank You.

dragonfly46 Thu 30-Apr-20 07:34:36

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Dexter is having his operation on his eye today. I hope it helps him as he is in a lot of pain. I hope it helps his eye to get better as it just seems to be getting worse at the moment.

Stay safe everyone.

brook2704 Thu 30-Apr-20 07:40:45

Hope Dexters op goes well Dragonfly ?

Oopsadaisy3 Thu 30-Apr-20 07:46:26

Good morning, after a very wet night the sun is shining.

Have a good day everyone.

Urmstongran Thu 30-Apr-20 07:56:49

I too hope BlueSapphire and Maw are alright.

Lockdown on one’s own must be so much harder.

NanKate Thu 30-Apr-20 07:58:31

Morning Mick and All.

Congratulations Captain/Colonel Tom ??

You are becoming an expert Kitty at domestic duties ?

Today I’m doing more of the same as I did yesterday and perhaps tomorrow.

aggie Thu 30-Apr-20 08:08:13

Good Morning all, some lovely rain yesterday and in the night , the garden looks refreshed
We do a quiz on line and last night I beat my kids , so mum isn’t so dumb after all ?

Kalu Thu 30-Apr-20 08:08:20

Good morning everyone. Oh it’s a wet day in Glasgow so no gardening or washing out. I have bed linen to wash so it may well end up being hung on the pulley. No fresh air smell?

I love having flowers in the house too Ginny and have been cutting low hanging rhododendrons to put in the kitchen.

Well the dishwasher is now well and truly defunct so, back to the old days of washing dishes in the sink?

I ordered the sleep spray Gabriella but strangely, since ordering, I have been sleeping well ? Good to know it’s there for tossing and turning nights though.

Hope your supermarket trip was a bit easier this time gilly?
Waiting for news of Dexter?

Wishing strength for all of us as we keep going through this very different lifestyle. Stay safe and well