Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(67 Posts)
12Michael Sun 03-May-20 06:12:33

Good Morning Everyone,
Its light but its grey cloud and raining here in Brackley this morning.
Had my Chinese take away ,and have but on a few pounds , but anyway , they were giving away free face masks as well.
Today, maybe small shop , temped to do more home cooking than ready made meals which seems to be in short supply .
Otherwise a quiet day , relax which is a key factor to this Lockdown and hope later in the week a plan is made to gradually bring life back as we know it.
By the way one reported death through coronavirus, up to April 17th in the town according National Office of Statistics website.
Mick

Beechnut Sun 03-May-20 08:31:56

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Nannytopsy ??

Brunette10 Sun 03-May-20 08:38:24

Good Morning from a dull Fife, Marydoll it must be on your side today. Glad you had a good time yesterday Mick and Happy Birthday Nannytopsy for today. Only have some chores planned for today (what else)grin. Have our Sains click and collect to pick up early afternoon so that's it for today. Feeling better thanI did yesterday when I had a little wobble. QuantIrene try and stay strong and hope as the day goes on you will feel better. Dragonlfy glad to hear Dexter is improving despite his little hiccup yesterday. Hope everyone has a good day despite all problems. Keep your chin up and take care.

Greyduster Sun 03-May-20 08:38:47

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is struggling in South Yorkshire and it’s cool at the moment. We had a Face Time with DD and her menfolk last night and everyone seemed stressed out for one reason or another, so it didn’t do me a whole lot of good. We will probably have a walk this morning. DH has requested steak and kidney pudding for dinner, so no roast today! Happy Birthday Nannytopsy! ??. Enjoy your day. Stay safe and well folks.

ninathenana Sun 03-May-20 08:41:37

Morning all.
Happy Birthday Nannytopsy

A grey start here in Kent and not a leaf stirring.
My brother became a grandfather for the third time a couple of days ago. Baby Ruby is in America so who knows when he will meet her.
Another day of same old, same old. Chicken bake and rice for dinner and that's about it.
Have a good day, stay safe.

Grammaretto Sun 03-May-20 08:43:50

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders a lovely sunny day by the looks of it. No rush.
How wonderful to be let out at last Urmston and in such a colourful place. I was hearing that some Spanish children were unable to walk the km they were allowed and begged to go home!

Dash and bother abt Dexter's eye Dragonfly you aren't having much luck with him.
Hopefully things will improve.
That cake looks delicious Marydoll

I managed a lot of gardening yesterday and will do more today. The house is neglected.
Happy Sunday everyone .

harrigran Sun 03-May-20 08:43:58

Good morning from a cloudy NE.
We have very high numbers of the virus in our town and a supermarket delivery driver posted photos online, they were of people sitting out in the front street and in gardens, so many it looked like a street party hmm
DH is expecting a parcel, who knew he would need to replace socks during a lockdown ?
Might have another quiet day with my novel, maybe get in touch with DD as haven't heard from her for three or four weeks.
Take care everyone.

brook2704 Sun 03-May-20 08:44:28

Happy Birthday Nannytopsy enjoy your special day ! ??❤️?

cornergran Sun 03-May-20 08:44:38

Morning Mick, morning All. Grey cloud over our corner of Somerset. Plan to spend a couple of hours with emails and PM’s on the ‘proper’ PC, disappearing message syndrome struck with the iPad yesterday, so frustrating. Roast beef later today so Mr C is very happy. Your strong tea comment reminded me of childhood quaintirene, it was my Dad’s go to for any animal (or child!) with eye problems. Dexter has been such a worry dragonfly, how are you now? Delighted you are able to be outside urmstrong, such a beautiful place to walk in. Be gentle with yourselves everyone, special thoughts to those alone.

NannyJan53 Sun 03-May-20 08:47:08

Good Morning from a dull and cloudy Black Country. It was quite sunny yesterday so spent some time outside.

Had a video chat last night with 4 friends. We usually meet up for lunch about once a month, but they were all saying they feel they will not want to go out even when we are allowed. So could be a very long time before we meet up again.

I had an upsetting dream last night too Beechnut it was so real and I woke up relieved to find it wasn't.

Welcome back Bellasnana sounds like they are very strict over there checking on you.

Happy Birthday Nannytopsy flowerscupcake

Sorry you have been feeling down QuaintIrene flowers

Wishing you all a good day as possible, and hoping you feel much better today Marydoll

Anniebach Sun 03-May-20 08:54:49

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

GabriellaG54 Sun 03-May-20 08:58:24

Good morning to all from grey Godalming. At least it's not raining. ??
what a picture you painted Urmstongran .
I was with you in spirit, marvelling at the colours and blossoming in the warmth...some day. I'm so glad you have the opportunity to go out now after such limited exercise. ?☀️??️?
Not a sound outside and this is not a run day but I shall walk around the fields bordering the lane for an hour later on.

A friend messaged that she saw 2 badgers on her walk in West Sussex yesterday. I too have been privy to the sight in daytime and red kites soaring in the thermals near to a well known cycling route and farm shop.
I wonder what animals and birds think of the different rhythm to life nowadays. Do they even notice?
There seem to be far fewer birds on their morning and evening swoops around here.

I've just enjoyed porage blueberries and banana plus a strong espresso and will now finish reading about the Litvinenko murder - there's nothing like Russian intrigue. ???
That's all for now folks
Here's hoping that you all find something to lift your spirits and make you smile.
Keep right on to the end of the road....that song comes to mind.
?? to all GNers, whatever your situation. Take care ??

dragonfly46 Sun 03-May-20 09:04:48

Quaintirene thank you for the tip. I have tea going cold now. Dexter has an ulcer in his eye but keeps trying to rub it. He had an op to stop the eyelashes rubbing it.
I hope you feel brighter today.

Bellasnana so pleased you got back home. I know you were worried about visas. It is hard when your DC are so far away.

Happy Birthday Nannytopsy hope there are some exciting things in those ?

Lins1066 Sun 03-May-20 09:20:51

Good Morning Mick and all. Cloudy and dry here on the S Welsh coast. Didn't post yesterday, I was all set to but the morning got away from me. Put sheets on the line, then as I was cutting my hair my cousin phoned from North Wales. It was lovely to hear from her, she lives on the Lleyn Peninsula and has lovely views of the sea. I would often go and spent much of the Summer holidays there as a child and teenager. My hair cut doesn't look too bad, I used a scissors and thinning scissors from DH's hair and beard trimming set. It feels better that's the main thing, my hair is very thick.
Glad that Dexter has antibiotics, he should pick up quickly after those, take care of yourself too dragonfly.
Glad you are safely home Bellasnana
Happy Birthday NannyT ??
Quaintirene hope you enjoyed the quiche, you take care too.
Your son's cake looks fantastic Marydoll, bet it tastes good.
Roast pork with stuffing for us later, can't wait.
Enjoy your walk Urmston
Stay safe everyone.

Puzzler61 Sun 03-May-20 09:24:11

Good morning Mick & everyone. Happy Birthday Nannytopsy ?
Enjoy reading your cards and opening parcels.
QuaintIrene keep fighting the demon that depression is - and maybe get some bereavement help (by phone or online if you are online). Wishing you well, sending a virtual Hug.
DH woke me with a cuppa at 8 this morning - best I’ve slept for ages. We did a lot of gardening yesterday so must have been that.
Making crumble this morning to go on top of apple from the freezer. That’s pud sorted, just have to think of something to do with the chicken breasts that are defrosting. Any nice ideas?
Have a peaceful day all doing, whether you’re doing many things, or nothing as it’s Sunday. Take care.

gillybob Sun 03-May-20 09:30:29

Good morning from The North East coast where we have a grey and chilly start to Sunday .

I was so excited to find 2 x £5 Morrison’s “and more” vouchers lurking at the back of my purse so took off to my local small shop to treat us to something nice . Going through the check out I was quite thrilled with myself that I hadn’t used them at Christmas only to be told that they had run out by only a few weeks . A visit to customer service proved fruitless . I would have rather donated them to charity then lose them. Thoroughly disappointed , but not entirely surprised at my rotten luck.

Glad you enjoyed your birthday takeaway Mick and so pleased you had a lovely walk outside “in the real world” Urms . You paint a very beautiful picture and I can almost smell the flowers and feel that sunshine

Glad to see you back with us QuaintIrene I’m so sorry you haven’t been well lately . This awful virus and the restrictions imposed on us is really taking it’s toll on our mental health . Glad you are managing to keep busy with jigsaws and games. flowers

Glad you made it home eventually Bellasnana I bet you feel relieved. Your journey home sounds like a bit of an adventure.

Happy Birthday to you NannyTopsy . I hope you git some nice things in those birthday packages . smile

Hope we all have the best day possible .
Love
Gillybob x

Newquay Sun 03-May-20 09:36:31

Morning from a rainy Staffs-had a sleeping tablet last night in desperation for a better night’s sleep so now feel groggy. Better get up, church soon at 10.30 followed by online coffee! Was going to mow the lawn today-oh well, another day! Hope every has as good a day as possible. My lovely Dad-was a Desert Rat, fought at El Alamein and Tobruk, said their Padre told them “Stout hearts”! If they could do that so can we!

gma Sun 03-May-20 09:44:59

Very still and quiet with high light cloud here in Norwich! With just enough blue to make a sailor a pair of trousers! (One of my grannies loopy sayings) The people opposite are avid carbooters so no noise from them loading up at 6am and slamming car doors! Will be planting French bean plants out today and also squash and runner beans. Everything is growing like crazy and should be having lettuce and radish in a couple of weeks. Just as well that us and family like rhubarb! I think that all the care and attention lavished on them in the last 6 weeks is paying off!
Will go for walk later and post some birthday and cheering up cards! Take care, don’t get complacent (sure gransnetters wont) and hopefully things are improving!

kittylester Sun 03-May-20 09:46:57

Many happy returns Topsy, you share the day with one of my Sisters in law and DD3's partner. He was really chuffed to find that (in lieu of the aborted wedding) she had changed her name to his by deed poll!

Nortsat Sun 03-May-20 09:51:34

NannyTopsy Happy Birthday ?.
We discovered on another thread that it’s also ArtySue’s Birthday today too.

We are having a party today in my garden, as my garden table is longer than 6’. ArtySue is bringing homemade soup and is baking a cake. NanKate is providing Brie, French bread and chutney. Lisagran will bring strawberries and cream for pudding.
I am providing the wine and will upgrade to fizz now. My partner is a musician so he will sit in a corner and play some nice 1950’s cool jazz.

Come on over NannyTopsy for the GN Socially Distanced Birthday Lunch - my place at 12.45. There will be a chair for you ( and a belated chair for Mick too) ??

cornergran Sun 03-May-20 09:58:08

gilly. If you can try sending an email central customer services. You may get a different response,

Happy birthday nannytopsy, the birthday packages sound good, relax and enjoy it all. My apologies, missed you earlier. I’ve got one in the horizon, seriously considering ignoring it and having an ‘official’ birthday later in the year. Or indeed next year - quite happy to lose one grin.

Gelisajams Sun 03-May-20 09:59:03

Good morning from a cool but sunny and calm Morecambe Bay. Just back from my bike ride. I managed to get a good bit further this morning and didn’t fall off today!
Won’t be doing much for the rest of the day as I’m now rather tired to put it politely!
Take care and stay safe everyone. ?

grannysyb Sun 03-May-20 10:03:40

Grey here, had a rotten nights sleep as my nose is still swollen so mouth breathing so woke up intermittently with a very dry mouth. Naughty Dexter, hope he gets better soon . Quaintirene I'm not surprised you feel so low, I think we're all finding life trying at the moment. Have a good day everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 03-May-20 10:09:14

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Happy Birthday nannytopsy

It sounds like you enjoyed your walk Urmstongran'your description painted a picture I remember so well of that part of Andalusia ??

Poor Dexter he seems to be well and truly in the wars Dragonfly

It's a grey and still day here in S E Essex, we have a gammon joint for dinner accompanied by creamy mashed potatoes, cauliflower cheese, sweetheart cabbage and a mustard sauce.

I feel so much better than this time last week as does our baby GC, four more days of medicine and hopefully that's us both sorted.

It was DD's birthday on Tuesday, I felt dreadful that she only had a small surprise..........Mr.Gravy came upstairs with my tea this morning and asked what was in a certain package in the laundry cupboard......oops it was her birthday gift purchased at the beginning of January that I had totally forgotten about!!!!! We have just given it to her and she is extremely happy ??

Wishing you all a peaceful Sunday

Keep safe and well ?

Kalu Sun 03-May-20 10:22:26

Good morning all from another sunny day in Glasgow. Chilly at the moment but should warm up later in the day.

Lots of gardening yesterday during which DH, not realising I was behind a shrub, turned the sprinkler on and I got such a shock when I felt it hit me. When I started to run in an attempt to avoid the spray I stupidly ran in the same direction with the spray following me. Not until I was thoroughly drenched, the penny dropped, I did U turn, back into the house, dried off and changed into dry clothes. ?

My neighbour across the road was finishing her walk and messaged asking if I wanted to come out to play?. We stood blethering for about half an hour which lifted our spirits.

Hope you have a better day today quaintirene Depression is an awful thing to cope with at the best of times but must be much worse during lockdown. I enjoy a good jigsaw to take my mind off things. Hope it works for you too?

Pleased to hear you got a flight home Bellasnana Hope you are now settling down to life back in Malta.

I took a virtual walk alongside you Urmstongran and enjoyed every step with a clear view of what you described, especially the white church. I feel quite energised now ?

Happy Birthday nannytopsy??

Marydoll, like you, I am avoiding any posts with doom and gloom, especially any with what is a guess at when lockdown will ease. It will happen when it is safe to do so, in the meantime, I hope your pain eases and you find a cheery positive to help lift your spirits today.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

GrannyOwl5 Sun 03-May-20 10:25:06

Good morning everyone from a cloudy east Kent but there are breaks so am hoping the sun gets through.
Your description of your walk Urmstongran was brilliant; felt I was walking along with you admiring the beauties all around.
Will be in the garden again today; all the seeds that I planted have decided to stir themselves and have sprung up so will have to repot and thin out.
Hope those having a difficult time have the best day possible. Take care and I like the idea of “stout hearts” Newquay!