Thank you to all who have posted, appreciated. thanks

seacliff Wed 06-May-20 20:13:23

Well said Phoenix. I agree with all you say. wine

eazybee Wed 06-May-20 20:07:01

Good on you, Phoenix.
It needed saying.
I like your posts.

Cherrytree59 Wed 06-May-20 19:47:31

Taken in the spirit that is intended Phoenix whilst partaking in the t'other sort wink
Cheers and good health ?

ginny Wed 06-May-20 19:46:03

I agree with you .
I sometimes go to post something and then think that someone will pop up to tell me ‘ I should think myself lucky that ...... ‘
I am sure we all have times when things irk and annoy us but it doesn’t mean we don’t appreciate the good bits.

Fennel Wed 06-May-20 19:30:30

phoenix- I think I know what you mean and hope you haven't been too hurt.
You have been brave to write as you do.
We all have a lot to learn about life and death.

phoenix Wed 06-May-20 19:29:08

Thank you,Ilovecheese I hope this post is taken in the spirit that it's intended.

Tangerine Wed 06-May-20 19:28:42

I totally agree with you. Although I hope I am sensitive to people's feelings, I often think this in real life.

If someone had lost a husband or offspring, I would be tactful but I wouldn't expect to never say I was feeling a bit cross with a relation.

I am widowed and had a good husband but, like everyone else in the world, he was not perfect every day and neither am I.

Ilovecheese Wed 06-May-20 19:25:37

I have always admired your spirit phoenix.

phoenix Wed 06-May-20 19:19:54

To all GN Members

Complaining about my husband in a light hearted way should not offend or upset those who have lost theirs, as indeed members writing about their adult children in a similar way shouldn't offend those (myself included) who have lost theirs.

We all have losses to contend with, and they may be harder to bear at this time, but if we can smile at least once a day, surely that is what those who have left us would want, and those left behind, need.

The fact that they are dead, doesn't make them perfect. I'm sure that they had their foibles and peccadiloes, which no doubt annoyed or irritated you.

Don't beatify them, they were men, both special and ordinary, but nonetheless loved, as indeed my dh is.

Thank you for reading.