Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(72 Posts)
12Michael Thu 07-May-20 06:13:35

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another clear blue sky over Brackley this morning.
Had the que experience as to getting my prescriptions from local Boots , I had gone earlier not realising they had closed for an hour for lunch .
Returned joined small que , the manager seem to know I want prescriptions , he told me to stand out , although they were letting shoppers 2 at a time in, my prescription was brought , after doing the postcode and first line of address , they were placed in a basket , I picked them up and returned to my flat.
Mind you were I live , rules as to to lockdown by government or the residential home owner Anchor -Hanover are being ignored , there is a social committee, who think the chairman a non local person only moved in from Devon a few years thinks he knows it all , is breaking the rules , playing cards plus drinking alcoholic drink, he is over 80 ,and has asthmatic problems and overweight does not exercise, no wonder the lockdown continues .
Mick

Mapleleaf Thu 07-May-20 08:21:01

Morning all,

It’s a beautiful morning here, with clear blue sky and bright sunshine. A lovely day to potter in the garden later, after my Pilates class.

We had better make the most of today’s and tomorrow’s warm weather as it’s cooling down considerably for the weekend, especially Sunday. If you’ve got any tender seedlings/plants outdoors, they will need protecting as temps are really going to dip Sunday night for many of us.

Good thing you didn’t go to speak to your horrible neighbour, marydoll. Hope your parcel arrives today.

Take care everyone and keep safe.

Pantglas2 Thu 07-May-20 08:23:04

A later good morning from sunny north Wales where I’ve only just woken up! Those darker curtains have done the trick and given me an extra couple of hours sleep, needed this morning as we stayed up til midnight gazing at the Flower moon as it crept over the mountain- stunning!

Will do some cleaning today and change the bed then enjoy the sunshine this afternoon - stay safe and well everyone x

Gingster Thu 07-May-20 08:23:08

Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day ??. The sky is sooo blue and the moon last night sooo bright. ,!

We had a more restful day yesterday, so I did t feel so ‘cream crackered’ by evening. Just a bit of potting on - dwarf beans and tomatoes. Everything is going mad at the moment. A couple of gentle walks with little pooch after her visit to the vet. And changing the bed, and housework. I even managed a few chapters of my book. It’s full on this lockdown lark.

Have a lovely day in the sunshine everyone. ☀️

Mapleleaf Thu 07-May-20 08:23:36

? jacq10. Hope those stronger painkillers soon kick in,

ninathenana Thu 07-May-20 08:23:47

Good morning everyone from sunny Kent.
A day of pottering for me. Himself will be going to water the plot after he has cooked us a small English. I will watch HUTH and do the crossword.
Have a good day.

Taichinan Thu 07-May-20 08:26:52

Good morning everyone. A lovely day in prospect again on the Angus coast, though fingers crossed that the dreaded haar doesn't roll in. I watched it yesterday trying to creep in but as the tide started to go out it seemed to drag it back out to sea. The sky was beautiful last night and DD, DS1 and I compared photos - they are Perthshire and west of Glasgow. you'd think we lived next door to each other! That's the joy of living here - when the weather's good we really appreciate it because we know it won't last! Now must get this day going. Nothing planned except for a walk with the lawnmower after which there may be a sun lounger with my name on it. ??

Justwidowed Thu 07-May-20 08:29:39

Good morning Mick and everyone. A lovely day here in Lancashire,awake early this morning after a good night's sleep.I suffer with urge incontinence and was dreading surgery but solved the problem by sleeping sitting up propped up by pillows!! More tidying of the garage today and then catching the binmen with yesterday's baking as a bribe to take awning etc.My neighbours go shopping today so will get me what I need.Another busy day but it helps to keep my mind occupied .
So many things have changed in the last six months,my husband's death and then this Corona virus. Sometimes it feels like we're starring in a horror film.Hope everyone has a good day and that things improve for Gillybob and Marydoll and Scentia .

Pittcity Thu 07-May-20 08:32:57

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Will spend time in the garden today after putting the few flags we have in the front window.
Our family do Jay's pub quiz that is on YouTube every week after the NHS applause. A highlight of our week.
You post reminded me that I need to order my prescription Mick. I use an online pharmacy and it's delivered by the postie, so no queueing but it must be ordered well in advance.

Nannatwiglet Thu 07-May-20 08:34:38

MICK...re your problem with your neighbour ignoring lockdown....Have you spoken to the warden in your housing A-H residential home?
It worked for friend of mine in her r.home and steps were taken to “remind “ someone who was breaking the current rules.
The sun is out here in West Yorkshire ...so I’d better get up!

Have a good day everyone....

brook2704 Thu 07-May-20 08:38:47

Sorry to hear you’re struggling so much after your fall jacq10 hope things get much better for you soon ?

GabriellaG54 Thu 07-May-20 08:41:01

Good morning everyone ? and it certainly does look good here in Godalming with a cloudless blue sky and sunshine☀️☀️
I had a special run this morning as my OH joined me for the first time since you know what
He text to say where he would start from and I met him there with a ? (that emoji appeared when I wrote the word ?) I hate talking when running but we chatted on our phones. Mind you, he's a hard taskmaster and I was sweating at the finish.
He'd brought drinks and brekkie bars which he put on the roof of his car and we sat on separate benches by the river after which he had to scoot as he had conference calls and work ? (he's a banker) to do.
Anyway, it was great to see him and I'm glad work keeps him busy here as he's often on trips abroad.
Not much on today. Baked potato and tuna salad plus rhubarb pie and cream for dinner.
Sainsos delivery this afternoon and then I will probably sit in the sun and sleep or read.
It's lovely to be retired.
Here's hoping Gilly gets her business sorted soon. It's on the cards to let small businesses go back to work next week so let's hope that materialises, it would help so many.
Good wishes to everyone esoe islly those GNers with worries or feeling fed up. The end is nigh...???
Take care and be kind to yourselves. ??

GabriellaG54 Thu 07-May-20 08:43:21

esoe islly especially

Anniebach Thu 07-May-20 08:58:07

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

GabriellaG54 Thu 07-May-20 09:04:04

Good news on the exercise front and garden centres and cafes can open on Monday as long as cafes have outside seating. Hurrah!!! ??? We can get more planting done ??️???

grannysyb Thu 07-May-20 09:11:32

Good morning all, bright and sunny here. DH off to allotment this morning. I'm not going as I have a Zoom this morning with my upholstery group. Not a bad night, my nose is still swollen after my fall but the black eyes are receding. Have to go to the hospital on Monday to have permanent plaster put on my broke wrist. Will try and do some cooking this morning for tonight and for the freezer. Have a good day everyone.

Nannytopsy Thu 07-May-20 09:15:16

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
Sunny in Suffolk too. A bit of tidying up today and some planting then we start cleaning the patio. First we have to work out how to use the pressure washer ...
Stopped at DS’s house on our way home from a click and collect yesterday for a distant chat with DGC. Lovely to see them - it’s why we moved here - but sadly no hugs or games of Lego. Eventually, we hope.
Enjoy the sunshine!

Newquay Thu 07-May-20 09:15:24

Good morning all from lovely sunny Staffs. So sorry to hear of others problems-hang on in there! Re dental problems I think if you ring 111 you’ll get the number of an emergency dentist. DH going to make Union Jack poster today to put in window and I’m going to make some paper bunting. Had another disturbed night; got up at 2am ish and took a hay fever tablet so had some sleep after that! Moon was truly brilliant wasn’t it? Yesterday went out for first time in 3 weeks and delivered Stay at Home Street Party leaflets. Spoke to former colleague/boss yesterday. She told me my 7,000 steps round garden and 10 minute British Heart Foundation lounge workout is inadequate and I should be doing HIIT training! Yes I know thank you! Sigh!

Grandmafrench Thu 07-May-20 09:23:40

Morning all from a very warm ?? where an active garden cleaning day is planned. We shall take it in turns to put garden furniture in bottom of the empty pool and then jet wash each piece. Jet washing is so easy but the mess it can make ... ?. So after that the pool proper can be cleaned.

Dog washing took place yesterday - no jet washing involved.

I’m staining some decking and praying that things lurking in the hedge nearby will be put off by my Jungle strength insect repellant. Would that we had something like that to repel Covid.

Not terribly impressed that moves are already towards getting back to ‘normal’ in the UK. Figures are still too high there and here. Just hope it’s not too much too soon. Why take more risks now when we’ve tried so hard to see this lockdown through? No real answers from anyone in Government.

I’m very sad that no jolly gatherings can take place nationwide to celebrate 75 years tomorrow. Having lived in Normandy - in a once-occupied country - I’ve experienced the real affection and gratitude that the people showed with regard to the end of all the conflict. They still show it now. They’ll never forget and certainly not what the British (and others) did to save them. I have a couple of friends born on that day. I have friends who remember what celebrating the day was like. It would have been marvellous to have had a celebration to bring everyone together - street parties and the like - if only to show younger generations what community is about. But, we’re trying to get through something very bad now, so maybe when that’s finally kicked into touch we can properly put up the bunting, kick up our heels and dance. Something to celebrate again - we survived. ?

Poor you, jacq. I suppose it was a bit optimistic to hope that you’d escape completely unscathed from a fall like that. It’ll probably take a while for all the pain and discomfort to clear, so be kind to yourself, take the pills and not too much running about, please, just enough to keep you mobile.?

Marydoll - that neighbour of yours ?. Think theft of a parcel might just have been the last straw for you. I too have red hair and a temper - oafs like that know not the risks they take!

Have a good day, especially the Wobblers and Worriers (all of us at some time) and to those unwell or in pain, many caring hugs and wishes for a better day. Stay safe. ???

Grammaretto Thu 07-May-20 09:26:39

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it is another sensational day, though the milkman told me it was caused by an arctic storm on approach. Last night's supermoon, the Flower Moon, was the last one of the year. So sorry folks, if like me you missed it.
I prefer sunlight to moonlight anyway.

The police arrived to send a couple of families home who were picnicking and swimming in the loch near to where DD lives. It does seem a shame but has to be stuck to.

More gardening today for me. I'm creating a stumpery, wild flower seeds are going in around the base but I still have perennial weeds to clear.

Have a happy day everyone and try to be careful.
We shielders won't be allowed out for months yet, Gabriella but it will be a relief for some.

Greyduster Thu 07-May-20 09:27:15

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Another bright day in South Yorkshire. DH cut the front lawn yesterday and then last night we fed all the plants. There is a particularly horrible patch of weeds on the other side of our garden wall bordering the pavement which no-one (including us) seems to think they are responsible for so today we may see if we can get it under some kind of control. It depends on whether we can find the new cassette for the strimmer! Have a good safe day folks.

Annapops Thu 07-May-20 09:32:15

Good morning from sunny County Durham.

Today I will join in with an online dance class and go for a treadmill run later. The garden requires more attention and I may bake.

I ordered some dolly pegs, which have now arrived. My plan is to make some fairies to hang from the trees down on our valley walk. Someone has already attached little fairy doors to some of the trees so I thought adding these little decorations may add some interest.

We took an evening walk over the valley yesterday. The views over countryside towards the cathedral were spectacular against the setting sun.

A fruit and vegetables delivery is expected today from a local company. I only placed the order yesterday so was amazed by the speed of response.

Hope those with troubles gain some relief today. Have the best day you can all. X

Susan56 Thu 07-May-20 09:39:29

Good morning from the Shropshire borders where it’s another sunny day.

I have been replying to WhatsApp messages in our family group for the last hour.My daughters are so quick with their responses,I always feel I am a few messages behind in my replies.One daughter is very excited about the lifting of restrictions,the other more cautious.

We are going to clean the garden furniture today then our garden work is complete.Will be maintenance and watering from now on.

Sending good wishes to all.jacq hope you feel better soon ?and dragonfly and gilly thinking of you both.

BladeAnnie Thu 07-May-20 09:55:14

Good morning all from a bright and sunny mid-Notts. Another beautiful day smile although I do believe it's going to get colder again so don't pack away the winter clothes too soon!! Sainsbury's delivery this afternoon and have ordered extra for the food bank as we have done with each and every delivery we have had. I bag it up and one of the volunteers collects it from under the porch. I know they have really struggled as there has been such an increase in people needing their help over the past few weeks. Quiche and salad for tea tonight then outside to clap for nhs/carers/key workers at 8. Stay safe everyone and may Thursday be kind to us all x

Kalu Thu 07-May-20 10:00:29

Good morning all. It’s a brightish day here in Glasgow.

No further forward with the greenhouse but we put together the wooden compost bin I had ordered. It’s pretty big and sticks out like a sore thumb next to the shed, so today I will,paint it to match the shed. I can almost hear Monty laughing?

The super moon last night was wonderful. So big and very bright and a poignant reminder for me too that wherever DD2 got to on her travels, although so far away, we always share the moon and still do now that she lives in Australia. We are both sentimental types ?

Just noticed a ray of sunshine across my iPad so, who knows, it could be a sunny day after all!

Best wishes for a good day to all and hopefully signs of improvement for those with struggles.

Urmstongran Thu 07-May-20 10:03:48

Great to hear you managed to meet up and jog alongside your fella this morning Gabriella! ?‍♀️ ?‍♂️

Hope your baby grandson is coming on now Susan56 ??

Poor you jacq10 pain does drag one down. You are certainly not moaning! x