Gransnet forums

Chat

What Are You Really Missing?

(111 Posts)
12Michael Tue 12-May-20 11:26:32

I miss my Bus trips out to places like Bicester and Buckingham, mainly as I have got to meet many on the bus journey between Brackley and Buckingham,
Mind you one friendship has come out of I plucked up the courage to ask the person who I have known since using this bus route for her phone , the first few weeks regular calls ,but have eased back , finding what to talk about .
But hoping in next few months things change for the better
Mick

jaylucy Tue 12-May-20 11:19:52

Hairdresser
Browsing in shops
Fish and chips on a Friday - I live in a village and no deliveries for any take aways at all

Brunette10 Tue 12-May-20 11:15:57

Me too Grannygravy.

GabriellaG54 Tue 12-May-20 11:09:47

The seaside and browsing the shops. I certainly will miss the peace and quiet of the last 7 weeks.

Anniebach Tue 12-May-20 11:08:03

Putting away all deliveries without having to store things for
x days then washing them .

GrannyGravy13 Tue 12-May-20 11:04:34

I am missing spontaneouty, popping out to visit AC and GC going out for lunch or dinner, or just mooching round the shops.

morethan2 Tue 12-May-20 10:57:52

Oh and browsing in shops sad

morethan2 Tue 12-May-20 10:56:58

Going to the coast or beautiful gardens.

Nortsat Tue 12-May-20 10:47:48

Pub lunch in the sunshine.
Hairdresser.
Face to face interaction with my nearest and dearest.
Antiques fairs.

Teetime Tue 12-May-20 10:43:14

The beautician I suppose - if this moustache gets much bigger I shall be wearing a face covering permanently. Would love to go out for a meal though- so much cooking!!!

Calendargirl Tue 12-May-20 10:35:12

Just that really.

I know many of you will say the grandchildren, the hairdresser, going out for coffee et al.

I am missing the library. I managed to get 6 books out just before they closed, have spread them out as much as possible, but only a few chapters left of my last Robert Galbraith one, and dread finishing it as I will have to resort to ones on my bookshelf, you know the type, ones I bought and haven’t got into.

Oh well.....

??