Gransnet forums

Chat

Going out out

(99 Posts)
Sunlover Wed 13-May-20 09:15:22

Getting all excited. Now we are allowed to meet up with one other person my friend and I have arranged to meet on Friday. We will both drive to a secluded car park, stay in our cars, open our windows, drink tea and chat.
We haven’t seen each other since February and usually see each other 3/4 times a week. There will be tears and laughter and lots of gossip. grin

silverlining48 Thu 14-May-20 10:00:53

Laurensnan flowers hope you have a lovely day with your son and grandchild. Sad times happy times.

polnan Thu 14-May-20 10:05:25

oh yes, Molli, surely our mental health deteriorating makes a journey essential? I do hope your dd can see this.. and you get to see each other,

as painful as it is seeing our loved ones at a distance, I think we have to do it..

and yes, makes me feel better (sorry) to hear that others cry also... that is part of the problem being isolated,, we get to feel only our pain

praying for all here.

Craftycat Thu 14-May-20 10:06:20

We have arranged a walk with friends of ours.
We will meet in the car park of the woods & then split into the 2 men going one way & the 2 women going the other. It is a circular walk so we can wave as we pass halfway. That way we can have a good girly chat & they can talk about football.
Everyone happy.

JeanGenie14 Thu 14-May-20 10:09:51

Oh Laurensnan I am so happy for you- enjoy!! ?

timetogo2016 Thu 14-May-20 10:17:31

Awww how lovely for you both.
Take a tissue as you may feel alittle emotional,have a lovely time.

glammanana Thu 14-May-20 10:20:01

I'm not going anywhere at the minute I am just keeping to my usual half hour dog walking with Poppy and to my local shop if anything is needed.
At least I can sit on public benches and people watch for a short while when I am out doors.

Noname Thu 14-May-20 10:25:21

My daughter took her two little girls to a quiet and open space to use their scooters. They were more excited about going somewhere in the car I think! ?

Willow10 Thu 14-May-20 10:44:01

Jacalpad - I changed my car in February too. Its been sitting out front getting dirtier every day. I was first in the queue for the newly opened car wash this morning and was highly embarrassed that I couldn't remember how to put the window down - or up! But then I've only been driving for 40 years. blush

Rosalyn69 Thu 14-May-20 10:46:10

I’m here in Wales. No going out for me but I’m super excited for those of you that are and able to meet a friend.

Callistemon Thu 14-May-20 10:52:48

Anrol my condolences flowers, a very sad first trip out for you.

LadyGracie, no, we are still not allowed out, let alone out out. However, I do believe that garden centres are now allowed to open in Wales, so, if I was allowed out, I would be visiting one.

Callistemon Thu 14-May-20 10:57:32

Rosalyn69 and you too - however, garden centres could be very busy!
Are we allowed over the border to England to go out out?

Rosalyn69 Thu 14-May-20 10:59:26

I don’t know about allowed into England but I know the English are allowed in!

Rosalyn69 Thu 14-May-20 10:59:55

Are not that should be!

GabriellaG54 Thu 14-May-20 11:00:18

Laurensnan
Do you remember, we are not allowed to see 2 people, whether adult or baby. Only oneperson. Not your son with his baby.
I know it seems a bit 'off' but they are the rules otherwise people would say. 'Why not my 2 yr old or 5 yr old'?

I do hope you enjoy the day but hope your son does not take the baby.

GabriellaG54 Thu 14-May-20 11:02:48

No travelling over any borders. Other countries have different rules about lockdown and meeting.

GabriellaG54 Thu 14-May-20 11:04:12

That last post was to Callistemon

GardenofEngland Thu 14-May-20 11:04:35

I haven't seen any of my children or grandchildren since before Christmas as we all went on separate trips Australia, Fuerteventura and we went on a coach tour to Austria. We then went to Spain early Jan.and the rest is history...I'm hoping we can meet up for belated Easter, birthdays, etc in the not too distant future.

Callistemon Thu 14-May-20 11:07:27

I know Gabriella, it was a try-on.

I do know what the rules are in Wales but some streets are half in Wales, the other side in England. They will have to put cones down the middle of the roads, no putting a foot on the other side!

GabriellaG54 Thu 14-May-20 11:08:41

silverlining
I was under the impression that we were only allowed to see one other person.
Is a baby not a person.
At what age is the cut off between a toddler and a baby? Can you see daughter and 3 yr old together?

Callistemon Thu 14-May-20 11:09:07

Strange, though, isn't it, that you could travel from Surrey to Yorkshire to see your DD but I couldn't go 6 feet into England?

GabriellaG54 Thu 14-May-20 11:11:27

It's not as cut n dried as the Government likes to think, if that's the case. It should really have been the same rules for the whole of the UK. As for the recent Anglo/French treaty....???

GabriellaG54 Thu 14-May-20 11:12:29

Yes Callistemon, I agree, it's ridiculous,

Guineagirl Thu 14-May-20 11:13:48

What fun for you? I’m going in car later with no guilt now that I shouldn’t be either, I won’t be stopping just putting my cd on in my car and getting out. The lady opposite went out after eight weeks I thought I bet she’s excited,

Maccyt1955 Thu 14-May-20 11:14:26

I drove for the first time in weeks yesterday.
Hardly any cars ? on the road, even though it is usually a busy A road....I did feel a bit wobbly!

GabriellaG54 Thu 14-May-20 11:16:47

patricia1958

What a generous post. ??