Gransnet forums

Chat

The Old Argy Bargy Bar.....a new lease of life!

(1001 Posts)
lemongrove Wed 13-May-20 16:48:08

Ah, it brings a tear to the eye, look at the old place.It’s just as it was on the day we moved out, it’s a bit dusty....cough cough though.

Carillion01 Wed 15-Jul-20 17:50:46

lemon ...... be still my beating heart. You know I love men from Oz because they are the men from Oz and because they are Big Bruce’s mates so will be CRICKETERS ???? Pleeease can I have one of them?? I can manage Doc Holliday at the same time.
Oh! and a triple ‘Rancho Fabio’ pleez just to set the tone for happy hour ???

Doodle Wed 15-Jul-20 19:49:20

Oh AGA thank you. I will have my trusty (or do I mean rusty) steed with me Friday. 2 pints of gin coming up ?

Don’t be silly lemon you are reading the label back to front it’s size 82 not 28 ?

lemongrove Wed 15-Jul-20 20:16:24

Oh.....yes, you’re right Doodle ?

Carillion01 Thu 16-Jul-20 14:40:56

Only one sleep before Doodles nite!!
Has anyone bought the card or retirement pressie for you know who??

AGAA4 Thu 16-Jul-20 15:04:12

Lemon. I meant to say most people think I look like Jurgen Klopp but it is just our beards are the same so Gregory a big improvement.

Doodle. Looking forward to seeing you all saddled up on the Nite.

Any ideas for the present?

Lins1066 Thu 16-Jul-20 17:22:00

Just got back into town (pooter problems), had a lift with some really nice dudes from the?.... the... Ponderosa Ranch I think they said. Big Ben Cartwright said he'd be my beau for Doodles's night, would prefer Little Joe but never mind.

What have I missed then???
Just off to join Carillion for a little drinkie and a conflab, don't frown at me like that lemon I haven't been slacking. I've made beef and beans and little coyote cakes for tomorrow ?

Doodle Thu 16-Jul-20 20:32:40

lins you are amazing, thank you. The answer to my riding problem Hoss from the Ponderosa. He will be perfect as my trusty steed. Please tell me you asked him to come too ?

Carillion01 Thu 16-Jul-20 21:31:31

Ohhh! These line dancing steps are dodgy when you’re running after the boys of the Ponderosa, especially in heels.
Good job Lins is distracting Big Ben Cartwright, his eldest son Adam is a hunk (swoon).
I’m not tempted, obviously ... too interested in Manolito over on The High Chaperal ranch. His uncle Buck said he remembers a gal called Doodle, said she was a girl who knew a good time when she saw it!!?? Hot diggety dog Doodle you’ve kept that quiet.
Right Lins, let’s muck about with the Earp brothers, only one more sleep left before Doodles nite
and a word of warning, don’t risk lemons latest Mexican cocktail

Lins1066 Thu 16-Jul-20 21:43:39

Sure did Doodle. Mentioned your riding problem and he's happy to oblige. He offered the services of Hop Sing, so we should have plenty of chow. I fancy a hog roast, whiskey and rye and a slice of American Pie, wonder if Don MacClean is gig free tomorrow ?

Lins1066 Thu 16-Jul-20 21:53:21

Lead on Carillion, shall we have a Mexican cocktail? A nightcap so to speak. Up early in the morning to practice our steps, you'll have to ditch your heels for cowboy boots.
Doodle and Manolito eh? Well I never, what a dark horse.

Carillion01 Thu 16-Jul-20 22:04:12

Okey dokey cowgirls!
Just advance news !!!!!!

Doodle nominated me to choose Friday’s theme for the Friday following Cowboy nite and lemongrove said I could choose the following nominee!!!

The Friday after cowboy night is.....WHITBY GOTH NIGHT

www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjY8vP6z9LqAhURqXEKHUaVCD8QFjAJegQIBRAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.whitbygothweekend.co.uk%2F&usg=AOvVaw1xy6vb30xJpl7pu12vcuUF

All you need to know is that the men will be in BLACK.????‍♂️??‍♂️??and they’ll be vampires and very sexy, in a Yorkshire way ♥️

And....for the following Friday night theme chooser I nominate........Ta Da............Lins

Doodle Thu 16-Jul-20 22:07:28

Ah those were the days. Riding off into the sunset, me and Manolito. Relaxing in the saloon with Rowdy Yates before heading out on the Wagon Train. Coming back on the Deadwood Stage and sitting under a Pained Wagon with Clint Eastwood. Sigh. Then there was my night of passion with Hopalong Cassidy and Mr Dillon ....what a night that was. ?

Doodle Thu 16-Jul-20 22:12:30

Well lemon these theme nights were a brilliant idea. We are certainly pulling in the punters.

Can’t wait to see what you will wear next week to WITBY Goth Nite ?

Carillion01 Thu 16-Jul-20 22:38:35

Doodle, you and lemon have to wear your usual, floaty chiffon gowns in crimson. The ones that show off your bustiers to their best effect.

lemongrove Fri 17-Jul-20 08:59:39

Good choice Carillion for next week, ah can’t wait fer those Whitby fish ‘n’ chips.?

Right, got to get cracking the whip for tonight’s show....get here early girls to rehearse our line dance and try on some costumes and wigs.Meanwhile, Lins go and clean the lavs,
Carillion check the cellar, and Doodle .....put Thor down please, and wash some glasses.
AGA I want to see a shine on those tables, and then hang the USA bunting.Chop chop!!

Doodle Fri 17-Jul-20 09:42:21

Doodle potters off muttering under her breath...Why is it always me doing the cleaning ?....

Carillion01 Fri 17-Jul-20 10:38:32

Cheer up Doodle, I’ve got everyone’s dancing boots organised for the line dance rehearsal and have just finished the perfect outfit for you. Done the cellar check. Loads of grog bubbling away

Carillion01 Fri 17-Jul-20 10:44:55

Doodle, this is your outfit. Not much fabric but you’ll be able to lead the karaoke in it... can’t wait for ? being Dolly Parton

lemongrove Fri 17-Jul-20 13:52:49

I know! Am very excited myself.....my outfit is a knockout?
Red silk with a black lace overlay ( don’t need a bustle as I have enough naturally) black lacy fingerless gloves, shiny little button boots and a magnificent platinum blonde wig.My silver derringer will be tucked down my bosoms.
Now, give me two shots of sipping whisky!??I need to get into the part....Belle of The Argy.

Peardrop50 Fri 17-Jul-20 14:05:37

Did call in yesterday to help with the preparation but those darned saloon swing doors came back too soon, ouch. Have recovered today but will have to wear my stetson low over the black eyes, just call me Calamity Peardrop.
At least I'll look the part for Whitby Goth night.
Where will I find a mop and bucket? Mop for much needed wig and bucket for required amount of gin to aid recovery.

lemongrove Fri 17-Jul-20 14:20:24

Welcome pardner! Come in Peardrop and take the weight off yer wotsits.Large gin and lime coming up, shall I put it on your slate or have you got any cash about you?If you have, it will be a first for an Argy regular.
That mop is very fetching by the way, a bit like Ringo on a good day.....will your ten gallon hat fit over it though?

Carillion01 Fri 17-Jul-20 14:30:28

Peardrop hurry up there’s a spare pair of girlie boots so you can join in the last line dance rehearsal. Only a few hours away now. Love that sequinned eye patch...mind the doors?!!!

AGAA4 Fri 17-Jul-20 15:18:01

Lemon. Can't get near the tables as I am wearing my Grace Kelly sticky out dress with 35 starched petticoats underneath.

Everyone will have to clutch hold of their drinks as I come through. I am about 6 feet wide and then there is the big dress as well.

Doodle. I get the cleaning jobs too. Not that I do them very often. I have the job of propping up the bar. It's a bit wonky.

Peardrop50 Fri 17-Jul-20 16:41:51

Gin and lime tickety boo thanks Lemon and had to get a twenty gallon hat to go over the mop.
Spare pair of girlie boots welcome thanks Carillion hope they're bright gaudy purple to match the sequinned eye patch.
Looking forward to getting my two left feet in to the line up yee ha.

Peardrop50 Fri 17-Jul-20 16:42:49

oops forgot to mention cash, er can I open a tab please

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion