Gransnet forums

Chat

FlyingHandbag’s treat yourself society!

(150 Posts)
FlyingHandbag Fri 15-May-20 14:33:37

Hi all,
I have decided to start a treat yourself society here on GransNet as I feel as we are trying to be kinder to one another, we also need to be kinder to ourselves, especially in times like these. Who’s with me?

I’ll start, I treated myself to three tops and a beautiful pair of pyjamas last night (my mother gave me some money to treat myself).

I also thought it might be a good idea to encourage our loved ones to do the same.

So, let’s have a lovely thread, a lovely time treating ourselves and a lovely treat.
Take care,
FlyingHandbag x

yorkie20 Sun 17-May-20 18:36:51

I've been treating myself to yet another purse and handbag. Not cheap but lovely quality and just that little bit different. Its an online company but I think you can get them from some smaller gift shops.
The company is YOSHI. Im addicted to buying from them.blush

Froglady Sun 17-May-20 19:57:54

Just ordered 2 pairs of pyjama bottoms from Asda to be delivered to my home . My 2 pairs I have at home are looking very sad and I need new ones.
Might treat myself to some flowers this week.

Froglady Sun 17-May-20 20:01:47

FlyingHandbag - thank you so much for this thread. We all need to treat ourselves sometimes otherwise everything just becomes a drudge and we're not living, we're just existing.
It's good to take care of ourselves and our mental health needs all the help it can get at the moment.

FlyingHandbag Sun 17-May-20 20:08:15

Froglady you are completely right!flowers

Kalu Sun 17-May-20 20:49:32

Thank you for the shot of a garden centre seacliff. I am desperately missing my trek around one which I look forward to in May. I have catnip growing in a large pot which our cat is ecstatic to roll about in or have a bit of a chew at. Not sure it would keep yours away from Cat Mint but what a treat for your cats!?

annsixty Sun 17-May-20 20:54:09

I really don’t need or want anything but I have put money in my GD’S bank today to treat herself to something frivolous.
She looks after me so well, she really deserves a treat.

seacliff Sun 17-May-20 21:39:24

Kalu, not too long to wait now flowers. I assume you are totally isolating for 12 weeks. This situation really makes you appreciate things you took for granted. Certainly for me.

Kalu Sun 17-May-20 23:21:52

Thank you for the flowers seacliff, only wish I could plant them. ?. Yes, as part of the 70+ the full 12 weeks regardless if lockdown eases here in Scotland or not. I am losing track of time and what day it is. Luckily I could spend hours quite contentedly in the garden. Missing my family and GC for cuddles, certainly the major thing I won’t take for granted but needs must and in the scheme of things which could be so much worse, staying home is no real hardship?

FlyingHandbag Mon 18-May-20 00:10:15

I’m going to be on for another while. To anyone who is going to sleep, night night, sleep well and take care x

Froglady Mon 18-May-20 09:16:14

QuaintIrene - sorry, forgot to say thank you for the flowers! I'm hoping to go and get some real ones later this week.

Lettice Mon 18-May-20 09:25:00

I don't really have a wish list at the moment (though that could change anytime), but I have just bought a set of three shopping bags designed to stand upright in your supermarket trolley. Three different colours so you can sort your goods as you pack - blue for frozen, green for vegetables, beige for other stuff. Good sturdy handles.

Puzzler61 Mon 18-May-20 09:41:25

I’ve bought more-expensive-than usual handwash and hand cream from the Body Shop. My hands have been so dry with all the 2 minute hand washes.

Also some fragrant diffuser sticks from Naturally European - I love the smell of them around our home.

I’ll tell DH I’m low maintenance now I’ve read about the bags some of you ladies are buying. But what the heck, it’s all good.
?

FlyingHandbag Mon 18-May-20 15:15:30

Does anybody have any tips as to how to stop tracking a delivery for an obscene amount of time? grin

gillybob Mon 18-May-20 15:17:59

I can’t remember the last time I treat myself to anything at all . I must be a drudge . Unless you count the 3 lupins I ordered from Sutton’s months ago . They arrived dead so probably don’t count .

gillybob Mon 18-May-20 15:19:08

I’m very low maintenance too puzzler61 just as well I suppose or I would be permanently disappointed.

FlyingHandbag Mon 18-May-20 15:23:47

gillybob you should treat yourself, your plants arriving dead just makes it easier to justify!

gillybob Mon 18-May-20 15:55:04

FlyingHandbag I wish . grin

travelnan Mon 18-May-20 15:57:48

I had a birthday recently and was given some money to buy something I would not normally buy. After much thought I have decided to buy an armillary sphere for the garden.

FlyingHandbag Mon 18-May-20 17:03:45

travelnan I’m not sure what that is, but I hope you enjoy it and I hope you had a lovely day!flowers

FlyingHandbag Mon 18-May-20 17:11:57

Oh yes, I remember now after a quick reminder from Google

FlyingHandbag Mon 18-May-20 22:36:11

Treated myself to a big plate of ice cream tonight! X

FlyingHandbag Tue 19-May-20 18:36:38

Another food treat for me tonight! Salmon fillets. My new clothes won't fit me at this rategrin

MadCatWoman1 Tue 19-May-20 19:39:50

I've bought a maxi dress, a couple of t-shirts and a longline summer cardigan, all from Dorothy Perkins. I also bought some Revlon foundation (all online, of course).

FlyingHandbag Tue 19-May-20 21:20:19

MadCatWoman1 that reminds me, I need foundation. flowers