Gransnet forums

Chat

Anyone been cutting their hair

(81 Posts)
TrendyNannie6 Fri 15-May-20 17:18:38

Well I did this afternoon chop, chop, chop, couldn’t wait for my DH to do it, just got the comb after I had washed and blow dried it, the ends were scraggly so I thought, I’m having you, and off I went quite enjoyed doing the sides and fringe, but of course the back is left straggly now, so I’m going to have to wait for my DH to do that after all.

kissngate Sun 17-May-20 14:59:19

Like Maggiemay my OH cut mine no issues at all. Told him to cut a quarter inch off in sections at the back a d leave the fringe to me. I bought a root touch up off the net he did that too on an other date. Well impressed told him he can do it again next month. Dont think I'll be needing a HD for a while.

Fennel Sun 17-May-20 19:47:23

smile -
kissingate -
I would miss my HD though. She's good for a chat and doesn't overcharge.

varian Sun 17-May-20 19:50:51

I cut the front and sides of my hair and OH did the bit at the back.

Lettice Mon 18-May-20 09:56:45

Please tell me how to make my hair grow. Last visit to hairdresser was July last year, and while that cut was short it wasn't "baldy". And now all those months later it has almost come to my ear lobes. I so regret having it cut in the first place and very fine hair is so difficult to style and has to be "done" every day. When it was longer I could have a different style several times a week, with down and curly, down and smooth, up in a simple way and up in a more complicated style. I enjoyed doing it when longer, but short is a nightmare for me.

Franbern Mon 18-May-20 11:20:30

The great thing to remember about cutting hair - is that it grows!! So, any mistakes will soon grow out.
I do have a pair of hairdressing scissors, normally trim the top and sides of my short hair between visits to hairdresser. Always get told off for 'chopping' it.
My hair grows fast - like a weed is how one hairdresser described it!!
cannot bear it when it gets long, so I have been trimming (chopping it) happily myself. When I do go back cannot be told off this time!!
Front and sides are easy - was difficult doing back by myself and found mirrors did not help - rather confused me, so do it by feel. It looks fine, and even more important, feels fine - will be a long time before I actually get to my hairdresser, so will continue to do this for some more months.