Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(73 Posts)
12Michael Mon 18-May-20 06:12:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another warm day awaits here in Brackley .
Todays plans small shop forgot somethings yesterday.
Tidy up a little , watch TV .
I was watching the NEWS yesterday, to see one of my favourite areas , having visitors at Bubblehead Viaduct , gathering in numbers ,mind you bring your own snacks and drink as the pub was not open unsure whether there was a take away Fish & Chip van there .
But we will see if releasing things to early , will see a 2nd wave of the virus and upward trend not only in UK but other places as well.
Mick

Nannytopsy Mon 18-May-20 08:24:23

X’d posts - Kitty &NanKate, I hope you get your coffee soon. I joined you last year!

Grammaretto Mon 18-May-20 08:27:42

Good morning from the Scottish Borders where it is raining and 11 degrees.
I am very relieved for you Urmston at last you can get out and go for a walk and a shop of some kind.

I hope you all manage to get your orders. I had a visit from my naughty friend yesterday who brought me gin, donuts and a pair of reading glasses. She went to Boots and photographed the rack until eventually I said "you choose"
She liked the face mask I had for her.

Barclays Beggars Belief! should be the new slogan Gilly

Mr O'Leary cancelled our flight to France so that dream is truly off. What a rubbish year so far except we are still here and the DC and those lovely DGC are all bearing up so far.

dragonfly46 Mon 18-May-20 08:29:34

Me too kitty her husband has dementia and she is finding lockdown hard.

Brunette10 Mon 18-May-20 08:30:43

Good Morning from a dull and damp Fife, not a nice day once again. Did not sleep well at all last night and put it down to the fact that I did not achieve much yesterday due to the weather. Not that it rains inside my home but it put a downer on me to muster up any energy. I hope I feel better today. I will try harder. Everyone seems to be getting on as best they can so well done everyone for your great efforts. Will try and fathom out what to do today. Gilly - good luck with your call this morning. Keep your chin up everyone.

gillybob Mon 18-May-20 08:31:17

Oh yes they’ll definitely pick up if you want to talk about savings Kittylester . They’ve probably got 79,999 people still working in that department . Give them a piece of my mind won’t you. grin

Oh yes I understand Urms I wasn’t trying to be nasty . Quite the opposite . Enjoy the sunshine lovely lady . envy

NannyJan53 Mon 18-May-20 08:32:01

Good Morning from a Black Country where it was bright and sunny an hour ago, now the dark clouds are gathering.

It is my youngest DGD's 9th birthday today, so will be having a video call shortly. She wanted an electric toothbrush from me, which was duly ordered and delivered. I also sent money for the card though, as it didn't seem much of a present smile

Very wise to stay where you are Urmston as you say you cannot visit family if you do come back to UK. I am sad we cannot make it this September to Malaga as planned. Even if Jet2 say they are flying, I will not be!

I am fuming on your behalf at the way your Bank is treating you Gilly I hope you get somewhere today.

Gingster Mon 18-May-20 08:49:00

Sounds idyllic Urmstongran. You are wise to stay for the summer.

We did a similar thing to you. Sold a quite large house and bought two smaller ones. It’s ideal for us and we enjoy the contrast in living in two entirely different environments.

Enjoy! ?

Anniebach Mon 18-May-20 08:59:56

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Sunshine for Mid Wales today

BladeAnnie Mon 18-May-20 09:02:09

Good morning from a sunny mid-Notts. I just let His Lordship the cat onto the catio and he looks most pleased with himself sitting there in the sun - obviously satisfactory weather for a cat!! Nothing much planned today - Mr BA had just gone for a blood test. Has to ring when he's at the door so they can let him in - hopefully he shouldn't be too long there. Stay safe everyone and may Monday be kind to us all x

Newquay Mon 18-May-20 09:03:32

Morning from a sunny Staffs. Visited local DD for her hubby’s birthday-walked round and sat at distance outside. We should have all been going for our annual jolly to Cornwall so ordered him some Cornish pasties!
They’re all convinced we’ll be able to go together to Menorca end of August as we usually do. Ironically we would be isolated where we stay-one big shop only-but the thought of a flight! No thanks! Have as good a day as possible everyone

Greyduster Mon 18-May-20 09:06:11

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Semi-sun in South Yorkshire this morning; can’t make its mind up what it wants to do. DH wants to go for ‘a run in the car’ today. I am peculiarly reluctant, even though where he wants to go is one of my favourite places. I started this lockdown having awful cabin fever and now seem to have gone the other way! Far(ish) afield seems a step too far! I will have to shake it off. Corner I hope that your painful foot improves soon! Take it easy. Have a safe day, folks.

SusieB50 Mon 18-May-20 09:10:36

Good morning from East London . Looks like a beautiful day , the bin men woke me at 7 but I went back to sleep , my sleeping seems to be very disrupted at the moment . I was still awake at 2am even though I had a good walk with a friend yesterday . So only just having my “early” cuppa watching Breakfast . Monty Don on talking about gardening and how it helps during this time and Nigel the nation’s dog !

harrigran Mon 18-May-20 09:14:29

Good morning from a dry but not very bright NE.
Slept in this morning, surprised as I was not that late into bed last night.
I spent all day watching old films but I think my favourite was Gran Torino.
Haven't heard from family since last week.
May get some fresh air today if it stays dry.
Good luck gilly.
Stay safe everyone.

gillybob Mon 18-May-20 09:16:51

Oh I love that film Harrigran might watch it again as DH has a Clint Eastwood box set .

grannysyb Mon 18-May-20 09:18:30

Bright and sunny here, having a day off from the allotment. Going to try and take some cuttings this morning and possibly make a start on the front garden. Gillybob, have you tried contacting the papers about Barclays, the Sunday times have a financial problem column. Have a good day everyone.

Gelisajams Mon 18-May-20 09:20:16

Good morning from a damp Morecambe Bay. Much needed rain overnight.
Just in from walk, and off to deliver DS2s token present which I bought pre lockdown.10 mins in his local park. Birthdays are important to him and he always books the day off from work if it doesn’t fall on his days off. Probably because of his autism!
I have ordered him something else from the Internet as well, which hopefully should arrive today.
Take care everyone and stay safe.?

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 18-May-20 09:22:21

Good morning from east London, sunny and mild here. So why am I still sitting in bed, 2 cups of tea down and stuck into a good book. Didn’t do any sorting yesterday so it’s still there for me today; I have this collection of mugs linked to places I’ve worked, campaigns/projects I’ve been involved with. Don’t want to get rid of but not sure if I want them on display given my aversion to dusting. Enjoyed visit to DD yesterday; GD2 looks like she’d take off if she was let go of. Have a good day.

Marydoll Mon 18-May-20 09:22:21

Good morning Mick and all, I'm late to the thread today. Just about every joint has siezed up, oh for some warm sunshine.

It's not a very nice day here in Glasgow at all, but after yesterday's constant rain, ( much to the delight of DH, who didn't need to water his grass seed) it's a relief to see it dry.

I had a very productive day yesterday. Wardrobe cleaned out ( how many vest tops does a girl need? blush ) eyebrows shaped and tinted, caught up with a friend and basically footered about.
I had to do my eyebrows, they are so fair, I looked as if I had none. ? Time to give myself a shake, I'm turning into a slob! I haven't worn make up since a week before lockdown and I never left the house with it on.

I got a lovely surprise last night. The door bell rang about 9pm and on the doorstep was a tin of condensed milk! Liquid gold.
I need it to make tablet and there seems to be a national shortage!!!
A neighbour had seen this lone tin on a shelf and picked it up. As I said on another thread, he has an ulterior motive, as he is one of the tablet recipients! ? He is usually very reserved, so he must be craving some. ?
A lovely Gransnetter messaged me to say that I can make my own, I may have to do this.

I'm so envious of my virtual friends down south who seem to be having better weather than us and are able to get out more.
My wee granddaughter isn't coping well with not seeing us all and DS and DIL are finding things very difficult just now, trying to work from home and deal with her at the same time.
I just wish, as many on here do, that I could go to see her.

Gilly, I hope you have some success today and for everyone on this lovely thread, take care.

Nannytopsy Mon 18-May-20 09:29:36

The Observer does a help column too Gillybob.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 18-May-20 09:33:06

Good morning Mick and all x

The candy floss clouds have cleared and we have blue sky and sunshine here in S E Essex.

I have ironing planned for today.......how exciting!!!!

Urmstongran I do hope you are able to enjoy the beach and your gardens soon.

gillybob I know what I would be calling Barclays it also begins with a B but would probably be deleted!!!!

I think I might make a Thai green curry for dinner this evening, we are really missing the spontaneity of popping out for lunch or dinner and I am not sure how much longer I can keep cooking different meals??

Keep safe and well folks ?

gillybob Mon 18-May-20 09:37:24

I wish you could all hear the “on hold music” I have to suffer every day . Only been 45 minutes so far so a very long way to go yet . I will take them to work with me “on hold” and it will be just my luck that someone will pick up slap bang in the middle of my conference call at 11 am.

I was (mysteriously )sent the private email address from someone very high up in Barclays . I actually got a reply this morning . So fingers crossed ?

CherryCezzy Mon 18-May-20 09:38:05

Good morning everyone. Cloudy here in the Gower, but it's fast moving and the blue sky is starting to take control.

We've got an"engineer" coming today to sort out our internet issues. Ironic really as for the last couple of days it has been fine ?.
After a break this weekend my group quiz resumes today.
I haven't heard anything from the breast clinic for my follow up appointment and scan, even though I know the clinic is running so I may ring them today.
I must try and do some housework today, my WP has been keeping up with his end of the bargain so I need to step up I think ? ?. After I have hung the washing out .. ?

Has your DH simply run out of his blood pressure tablets Gillybob or is there another reason he hasn't had them for a week? It sounds like the former so I hope he gets them very soon, a week is a long time to go without them. I hope you have success with Barclays brainless b....y bank today ?

Glad you had a lovely birthday Ginny ?

Take good care of yourselves everyone ❤️

Urmstongran Mon 18-May-20 09:45:53

Dear gillybob I would NEVER think of you as even trying to be nasty!
?

Susan56 Mon 18-May-20 09:55:28

Good morning from the Shropshire borders.After heavy rain overnight the sun is back out today.

Had a rubbish day yesterday with one thing and another so hoping for a better day today.

Stay safe and take care everyone.

Megs36 Mon 18-May-20 09:57:28

Urmstongran, your ‘retirement home’ sounds wonderful,enjoy as long as you can! we always intended doing something like that but were never quite brave enough, too late now, age and health , so anyone else thinking about it, when the opportunity comes again take the chance.