Gransnet forums

Chat

Are you firmly attached to your handbag?

(107 Posts)
FlyingHandbag Tue 19-May-20 22:04:01

Hi all,
I am absolutely superglued to my handbag at all times, I favour a medium sized top handle bag with lots of spaces. I am currently using a David Jones rose gold coloured one with beige handles and lots of spaces. I have severe chronic pain and am in bed a lot so it stays at the side of the bed and comes with me wherever I go. Sometimes I can't sleep because of the pain and will go downstairs to get something to eat and a latte or cup of tea (I usually have a pasta satchet that you make with hot water in a cup). I also am worried about it being stolen as I live on a busy road but I keep the bottom drawer of my tallboy empty to use against potential burglars (I am a very nervous person). My mother said it is unnecessary to carry my handbag everywhere. Do you do it?

b1zzle Wed 20-May-20 22:02:01

I feel sorry for my handbag at the moment. I only go out once a week to supermarket shop, but I just take shopping trolley and purse and leave the handbag at home.

Poor thing. It hasn't been out since March!

Floradora9 Thu 21-May-20 10:14:27

I hardly ever use one I have a shopping bag that goes everywher with me . Used to take a handbag to the cinema or when I went out for a meal . I only carried my purse , a comb and Dextrose tablets in case of low blood sugar.

Cathie72 Thu 21-May-20 13:43:39

Thank you very much for starting this discussion Lots of interesting things came out of it re our likes and dislikes. I always keep my small shoulder bag with money,phone ,glasses etc .Just in case of an emergency. I come from an earthquake prone country. ..that why NZ.

GrauntyHelen Thu 21-May-20 13:52:08

I am ahandbagaholic I have mine by my chair in the day by my bed at night and only go out without one when dog walking It contains anything /everything I may need in a day and keeps everything together

sunnywilson09 Wed 27-May-20 20:46:12

I tend to toss it behind the front door when I walk in, although my DH always gives me heck for this and forgetting to lock the door. I'm either too trusting or naive; I say the former, he says the latter.
get-mobdro.com

BlueSapphire Wed 27-May-20 21:54:52

Haven't seen any of my handbags since the beginning of lockdown!