Gransnet forums

Chat

What have you done today and what do you plan to do next?

(68 Posts)
FlyingHandbag Sun 24-May-20 13:34:11

Hi all,
I have been lazy today and the past few days as I've just had no motivation. I am still in my pyjamas, so I am going to go for a shower and put some clothes on as I feel I need to sort myself out. I had a delivery of clothes (and the pyjamas I am wearing) yesterday but I don't want to wear them, I want to wait until after lockdown to show them off. Normally I would put my makeup on but I haven't for a few days as I ran out of foundation (which I am having delivered sometime this week) so I won't bother. I am also thinking about sorting out my feet and nails. I might also do a face mask. Hope you're all well.
Take care,
FlyingHandbag x

Kartush Mon 25-May-20 09:57:53

I did laundry, had a phone consultation with my doctor, cleaned the kitchen, made lunch and did craft

tiredoldwoman Mon 25-May-20 10:15:40

I'm just back from work , we're doing 1 week on , 3 off . It was lovely to see my colleagues and hear their stories !
Off to hang out my washing , do a wee bit gardening then shopping after lunch and a barbecue at my daughters later !
Happy day today !

Noname Mon 25-May-20 10:30:00

Currently nothing today yet, just sitting on the balcony in the sun, drinking tea and catching up on my iPad.
Yesterday I made elderflower cordial, planted out my peas and caught up with a bit of housework!

Brunette10 Mon 25-May-20 10:47:45

Up early today as the sun is out and it's beautiful here. Did small shop mainly baking stuff. Hung out washing and now have another load on. Just had our morning cuppa in the summer house and I'm ready to run over everything with the vacuum. Too nice to bake today so will get out in the garden and help hubby. Hanging basked and pots to do. Enjoy!

Petalpop Mon 25-May-20 11:09:59

Laid on sofa for most of yesterday catching up on TV. I somehow managed to trip out of backdoor with a tin if paint in my hand and sprained my ankle. I could not sleep last night because I had been sprawled out on the sofa all day. Ankle not as bad today to will hobble down the greenhouse and plant up some seedlings. Better do it soon as it will be too hot otherwise.

EEJit Mon 25-May-20 11:18:23

I spent all yesterday doing nothing, and I'll probably spend today doing the same.

ninathenana Mon 25-May-20 11:18:26

Himself and I had bacon butties for breakfast then I emptied the dishwasher from last night and tidied the kitchen. Put on some laundry. Did a couple of crosswords and am now messing with my phone whilst drinking coffee. Apart from cooking meatballs and pasta for dinner that's about it for today.

MaryXYX Mon 25-May-20 11:55:13

On Sunday morning I went to church. I appreciated the service, and speaking to friends. Then I had coffee and chat with some people from my own church. (Both on Zoom of course, so I had to make my own coffee.)

In the evening I met a couple of friends for a chat. Using Skype text chat this time. Apart from that I did do quite a lot of lazing around.

Aepgirl Mon 25-May-20 11:56:26

Yesterday, got up, bathed, dressed for Sunday, then watched my church service online. Then for the rest of the day I was so lazy - and regretting it now.

Theoddbird Mon 25-May-20 12:19:40

It is a beautiful day. I am sitting on my jetty under a parasol sewing. The goose family are near by. Mr Swan is also visiting. I have not seen him in a while. He is sitting quite happily in my garden. I have known him a long time and he will feed from my hand. I have down days...of course I do but days like this make up for those. I feel blessed...

grandtanteJE65 Mon 25-May-20 12:29:45

Washed all the stuff we have just got home from the boat we have just sold - yesterday and today.

Hoovered upstairs this morning, and tidied an attic. Cleaned the bath,

Going to bake bread after this and ought to wash kitchen floor as I am going into hospital on Thursday and it will be six weeks or so before I can do any housework after the op.

Having a corona test done tomorrow and will then continue the cleaning.

glammanana Mon 25-May-20 12:32:53

Yesterday I did nothing really except cook Sunday lunch for my next door neighbour and myself,then back onto sofa to watch TV until 10pm.
This morning up nice and early full of energy so am going to spring clean throughout and even look to attack my ironing basket.

bridie54 Mon 25-May-20 12:56:32

Having a lovely alfresco toastie lunch in the garden. This morning walked 30 mins to shop for milk And watered garden pots and strawberries. Oh and delivered 15 scrubs bags to the local collection point. I’ve sewn them over the past week. Next is a plant to move to my white’ border. Hoping if I give it the Chelsea chop first it will flower again in its new site. Then I want to get back to my patchwork. Feeling good today so making the most of it. Another day might be Words with Friends and easy crochet in front of tv.

MiniMoon Mon 25-May-20 12:57:31

Up, showered and dressed. Cup of tea and toast. Emptied dishwasher and put dishes away. Emptied tumble dryer and put clothes away.
Vacuumed the downstairs floors and flicked a duster around the living room.
I had a walk round the garden, admired the poppies doing my best not to disturb the blackbird on her nest in the wood shed.
Had a chat with my next door neighbour who was returning from walking her dog, keeping to social distancing rules of course.
Made salad, and a rice salad for lunch to go with chicken legs leftover from yesterday.
Now I'm contemplating having a cup of tea.
As for this afternoon, who knows?

grannysyb Mon 25-May-20 14:52:13

Did a jumper wash, hung them out, went to allotment. Watered which is hard work as we have to pump the water. Came back had fruit for lunch did another jumper wash. Going to shops now then will do some gardening and then some ironing.

Megs36 Mon 25-May-20 15:21:19

Eejit....Snap,can’t motivate myself, keep. Reading all these decorating,sewing,knitting,painting, learning a language,yoga,dancing ,singing.......

chrissyh Mon 25-May-20 16:40:09

My DH asked what I was going to do today and I replied 'nothing'. He said but that's what you did yesterday and I replied 'I know, but I haven't finished' smile

Ellie Anne Mon 25-May-20 16:45:10

I did some housework, went for my weekly shop then went for a walk round our local nature reserve. This afternoon I have done some gardening. Tonight I will watch tv and do some cross stitch.

moggie57 Mon 25-May-20 17:11:28

done nothing yesterday or today .tottally depressed ...did watch church service on youtube. but apart from that nilch....i cant be bothered .

Megs36 Mon 25-May-20 17:31:35

Relieved it# not just me ?

rubysong Mon 25-May-20 19:11:22

Yesterday we saw the online church service then had a long walk. In the afternoon we skyped with DS 1 I in USA. Him and the DGC were lazing about in hammock while DDiL was digging a veg patch. Today I have done the ironing and finished a jigsaw then we went to buy fruit and veg from a roadside stall. A short walk by the river then home to finish a jigsaw. Next, water the garden them aG&T.

Kim19 Mon 25-May-20 20:29:30

Horrid start. In bed, heard the bin lorry and realised I hadn't put my wheelie out. Never done this before. Forgot what day it was. Kindly fellow went round the back looking and was making his way out when I, somewhat bedraggled, made my appearance. Embarrassing, but he was terrific. Life improved considerably when grasscutting company appeared for the first time this season and hacked away at my jungle. Vast improvement. Experience so uplifting that I put the first coat of gloss on a set of drawers I'm giving a facelift to. Still buoyed, I put on a washing which I anticipate ironing shortly. Tomorrow I will lie in indefinitely!

grannybuy Tue 26-May-20 00:53:54

Was up before 8.00, and watched BBC breakfast while eating my breakfast. Did the ironing in my pyjamas, then had a bath and washed my hair. Read most of today's Gransnet between coffee and lunchtime. After that, I cut some fabric, ready to make some masks in the evening. In the afternoon, I visited my husband in his nursing home. I've only seen him through his window until today. As it was warm today, he was wheeled into the garden, and I sat at a distance. He has had Covid 19 while in lockdown. Fortunately, his lungs weren't affected, but it has left him very frail, and unwilling to eat or drink very much. It was a bittersweet occasion. This evening I pinned and basted the two layers and lining of the masks, grappling with fitting in the elastic, ready to be machined tomorrow.

grannybuy Tue 26-May-20 00:54:28

Tomorrow is now today!

Sussexborn Tue 26-May-20 01:08:18

So it is grannybuy!