Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(63 Posts)
12Michael Mon 25-May-20 06:10:06

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a nice clear blue sky over Brackley this morning, and although its a Bank Holiday it does not feel like one.
Should be a quiet day in, some housework ,and the usual TV , tempted with a DVD having looked at Film choice on TV.
But having learned to take the situation in a more relaxed way , sooner than let the tension increase with the lockdown and effecting my mental health.
Take Care ,
Mick

Beechnut Mon 25-May-20 06:19:22

Good Morning Mick and all who follow. It is a misty and bright start on Severnside. Promises to be a sunny day.

I’m going to give a bush a very good trim this morning and the rest of the day day will potter and read. I’ve been on one book all through lockdown. I couldn’t get into earlier on but it’s getting better now.

Enjoy the sunshine everyone and whatever you do ?

grandMattie Mon 25-May-20 06:44:40

Morning all.
Lovely bright day in E Kent.
Good luck with pruning beech. DH always says I was born in the wrong century, if in doubt, it’s “off with its head”!
The decorators are taking over our bedroom this week ? but they’re doing a terrific job.
Pottering, trying to finish a patchwork quilt for DGD1. Not sure whether I’ll post it or wait until “we meet again some day”.
Hope today brings you pleasant events. Stay safe.

Ginny42 Mon 25-May-20 06:49:21

Good morning Mick and everyone. Me too Mick! I will not allow my frustration to push me into making unwise choices now. Steady as you go and you will get there in the end.

My friend is pushing for us to do things saying, 'we can't go on living like this'. Well I can, and it's going to be a long time till I can fly to my family, so I'm in it for the long haul. I don't want the last time I saw them to be the last time I saw them, if you see what I mean.

It's a glorious morning in Cheshire. The sunlight is bouncing off the windows opposite and the trees are very still in the woods. The roses and honeysuckle in the garden were torn down from the trellises and I can only reach up so far. I think I saved delphiniums which had broken loose from the stakes.

Panic yesterday with my sea bass treat. I looked in the pack and the fish was looking back at me. Now I know it's not huge in the course of things, but no way could I deal with that, and it's so unlike the fishmonger. It was a military operation with gloves and maintaining distance to pass it over to my neighbour who prepared it for me. It was delicious btw.

Walking in the woods as usual after breakfast and I'm determined to finish a painting today, so I can start another I've been asked to do. Meals in the garden and a lot of chatting with DD on WhatsApp and Skype later.

Warm wishes to all, especially to those with wobbles or health worries. Gilly you have a special set of circumstances to cope with and I hope you've had some sleep. flowers for all.

Scentia Mon 25-May-20 06:56:43

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. Actually I am in Nottinghamshire at the moment coming to the end of a night shift. Weather looks mighty find here, so I will be sure to take it home with me at 8.00am!
A little nap and then off to meet DD and DGS for a walk on the trails near their house. The cafe and car park opened yesterday so I suspect it will be like Oxford Street?. My covid test was negative so I now await an antibody test, not sure when we get those.
I hope everyone has a good Bank Holiday Monday, and Gilly please take some time out, meet your DD and little Evie for a socially distanced walk on the beach maybe.

Stay safe everyone.

Bellasnana Mon 25-May-20 06:59:35

Good morning from sunny Malta.?

Thank you for your kind comments yesterday. I allowed myself to feel sad as the memories of DH’s last weeks/ hours were not happy ones, but I didn’t dwell and know how fortunate I was to be loved by such a lovely man.

Grandmafrench, thanks for asking! I’m very pleased with my hair! So nice to be rid of the grey, although wearing a mask in the heat for over an hour was a challenge. I take my hat off to health workers who have to wear them for 12 hours straight, my DD1 being amongst them.

Will pop to the shop this morning, other than that no plans for the day.

Wishing everyone the best day possible and hoping for better days ahead for all.☀️

dragonfly46 Mon 25-May-20 07:06:17

Good morning from a sunny and still Leicestershire.

Not much planned except a walk up the fields this morning.

Hope everyone has a good day.

brook2704 Mon 25-May-20 07:13:25

Good morning everyone from a lovely sunny Inverness. It’s warming up nicely and there’s a good forecast for the week ahead - whoo hooo ! ?

I’ve nothing different planned for today, just the usual online dance exercise class, a potter in the garden and probably a lazy hour or so reading in the conservatory. I’m counting down until Thursday when hopefully we’ll be allowed out to meet another household in the garden. I’m going to visit my DD2 who lives close by and see her and her two little lovelies .... can’t wait ! I think the eldest, my DGS1 who’s 6 has lost a top tooth since I last saw him and I can’t wait to see his lovely gummy smile ! No cuddles allowed yet though but I’ll be thrilled enough just to see their cute little faces and watch them play for a little while ??

Ginny the sea bass story made me laugh ?

I hope everyone has the best day they can and finds something good to enjoy. Hugs and positive thoughts to everyone facing struggles and worries , take care ?

Pantglas2 Mon 25-May-20 07:15:38

A glorious good morning from north Wales and so true that it doesn’t feel like a bank holiday somehow with this lousy lockdown!

I’m being roped in to assist with the re-felting of the shed roof this morning- DH brother usually trots along for these things (knowing there’s a bacon butty involved) but I’ll be the one being shouted at this morning!

Enjoy your day everyone x

GrannyGravy13 Mon 25-May-20 07:17:24

Good morning Mick and all x

Blue sky here in S E Essex the trees in my garden are still, the wind has disappeared.

No plans.

Keep safe and well folks ?

Urmstongran Mon 25-May-20 07:20:07

Sun’s up here! ?
Good morning everyone from Malaga ?

Himself has just gone out for his walk wearing a vest top with his shorts. He said it’s too hot even at this time of day for sleeves.

We went to Pedro’s corner bar last night. It was nice to say hello to people. Whilst I was getting ready I picked up my perfume and at first thought ‘no point really as no one can get close enough to smell it’ but then spritzed some on for ‘me’! Ditto lipstick. I thought ‘no point putting this on as it’ll smudge off on my mask’ then popped it in my pocket and applied a slick of perfect pink as I sat down in the bar - once I’d removed my mask (obviously no-one apart from staff are wearing them in the bars, else how could we ear/drink!)
? ?

Strange times.

I started the new Hilary Mantel book yesterday. I’m 5% in and it’s a 17 hour read so it’ll keep me out of mischief for a couple of weeks!

Hope Monday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

BlueSapphire Mon 25-May-20 07:24:21

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Northampton.
Tried to do things off my task list yesterday that my therapist has given me:

Kept saying "I feel safe", even though I don't really believe it yet!
Walked to the end of the road and back.
Started a household task to try and distract me - for me this was knitting, first time I've seen needles and wool for years. Had to stop though when the cats woke from their afternoon nap!
Other things to distract me like crosswords, sudoku etc, and cooking.
Phoned three friends.
Breathing exercises.
The naughty thoughts still swirling around in the background, but it's early days.

Will do usual tidying stuff this morning, then at lunchtime will assemble socially distanced with my neighbours for a lunchtime drink and snack, everyone on their own drives with picnic table and chair, and have a good shout at each other; will take my mind off things for a couple of hours.

Then a pub quiz on WhatsApp with the family. Have got a general knowledge round ready.

Hope everyone's day goes well.

Gingster Mon 25-May-20 07:31:27

Good morning GN. It’s a lovely start to the day here on the Suffolk Coast. We go back to Essex for a while tomorrow to check on the house and ‘see’ family. We’ve been here for nearly ten weeks and tbh have thoroughly enjoyed our Lockdown. Sounds very selfish I know.

Bellasnanna I’m glad yesterday was ok for you. The anniversaries are so hard but your memories see you through. Think of the lovely times and not the sad ♥️.

We had a darling little muntjac in the garden yesterday evening. It was so lovely to see it up close as they are very timid. I know they do damage but hey ho!

Enjoy Bank Holiday Monday. Hadn’t even realised it was BH. I hope it doesn’t get too crowded everywhere. Methinks it will. ?

Urmstongran Mon 25-May-20 07:32:45

It is SO good to have you back BlueSapphire. You just reminded me of when I learnt to knit (about 60y ago now ?).

I can’t recall who taught me a little rhyme to help me. I didn’t have grandmothers. It was ‘open it’s mouth (sliding the needle in), give it something to eat (the wool), swallow it, finish’.
?

Gingster Mon 25-May-20 07:39:37

Bluesapphire sorry I didn’t see your post until I had finished mine, . A very well done for your good efforts yesterday. It isn

t easy I know. Just try to do a little more each day. You have nice day today to look forward to with contact with family and friends. ?. Has something happened to start this anxiety off or is it the strange world we’re living in at the moment?

Be Brave and Breathe. ?

Grandmafrench Mon 25-May-20 07:40:12

Good Morning Everyone!

Truly perfect morning here ahead of another hot day. Must water everything as a priority. Struggling a bit with sneezing already - not enough to need an anti-histamine but enough to let all my sniffing irritate me in the lovely peace of the garden!

Well done BlueSapphire Baby steps - but enough ideas and activities to distract you from thoughts you can do without. Enjoy your shouty gathering! So pleased you survived yesterday’s sadness, Bella. Onwards and upwards a little at a time. ?

Getting your party face back on, Urms ? Bet you thought these days would never come! Enjoy it...you’ve earned it....the Lockdown 2 are finally free!

Have a safe and sunny day, everyone. Special hugs to Wobblers and anyone with sadness or pain.

????

NfkDumpling Mon 25-May-20 07:47:30

Morning All

The wind has died and its a wonderful sunny morning here in the north of Norfolk.

Our local gastro pub came up trumps with our takeaway anniversary meal - and we still have half left for today!

Nine o’clock read-in with DGD3 this morning. We’re well into the Faraway Tree. Then we may go with DS to collect his new (to him) boat - not in the same car of course. DGS will need a bit of supervision and he needs social distancing practice before he starts back at school next week.

Have a good day everyone with special good day vibes in the direction of Gilly.

Brunette10 Mon 25-May-20 07:47:38

Good Morning from a bright, sunny Fife - hooray! Will get back out in the garden today and get some plants in the ground, hopefully we won't see any more frost. I may try and get some more baking stuff as well. DD has given me a small research task to do as she hopes to decorate DGS2 bedroom so that may take a while wink. Other than that we shall just have to wait and see. Hoping the sun is out everywhere and has put big smiles on our faces. Thinking of all today esp those with troubles/anxieties. We shall get through this. Chin up.

Brunette10 Mon 25-May-20 07:48:24

NfkDumpling - wow! Looks great.

Urmstongran Mon 25-May-20 07:53:44

Thanks Grandmafreench ?
I must admit, walking along our landing, up and down for exercise for those 8 weeks now seems a lifetime away!
Thank goodness.

NfkDumpling Mon 25-May-20 07:58:11

Sorry, Sapphire I was distracted mid-post so didn’t see your‘s. It sounds as if you’re getting organised and determined and I love the idea of the tea party. Do you have any audio books you can listen too while you’re knitting? My DD1 listens to Stephen Fry (i think) reading the whole Harry Potter series. They take so long she can do it on loop and hear stuff the third time she missed on the first!

I started The Mirror and the Light Urmston, but current affairs have become more riveting of late!

harrigran Mon 25-May-20 08:01:05

Good morning from a dry NE where the wind appears to have dropped.
Yesterday my DD Skyped, I think she likes to see me in the flesh, as it were, because I always say "I am fine" when she rings.
My BIL in Germany was admitted to hospital yesterday morning with a cough and suspected pneumonia, he was tested for the virus, results not expected until this afternoon.
Despite a pandemic my BIL went out to buy a newspaper every single day and in the last week has been to the barbers, a podiatrist and a cafe.
My sister has no family, all we can do is keep in touch by phone.

I have struggled for days with painful hands, please let this be the day I can manage to do things for myself.
Will have a little run in the car to post an anniversary card through my sister's door, she lives on the seafront so we get a change of scenery too.
Take care and stay safe.

Pittcity Mon 25-May-20 08:04:33

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Missing another birthday today, DGS is 4 and we'll have to make do with a video call sad
We were supposed to be on holiday with the family in Norfolk and celebrating together.

I will be getting out in the sun today ?

Marydoll Mon 25-May-20 08:04:57

Good morning all from Glasgow,where the sun is shining.

I plan to make Chelsea buns for DH, they are his favourite.
I'm beginning to feel quite guilty that DH has chosen to shield with me, to keep me safe and he has had to put his life on hold.
He never complains about it, but I sense he is quite low.

However, he is really interested in politics, ( any party) and is enjoying following the interviews about Dominic Cummings.
I often read some of the GN political posts to him, so that's keeping his brain working.

I dreamt last night that Dominic Cummings had lost his job and was selling jalapeños from a market stall! ? It was so bizarre.
I think it may been something to do with a cooking programme, called Pioneer Woman, I was watching. Does anyone watch it?

Hopefully, I will be able to transplant some of my rocket etc today. That will keep me out of mischief for a while.
I bumped my hand last night and hit the joint that is already swollen, so not going to be easy!☹️

Nfk that looks delicious and Urmston, glad to see you enjoying yourself again! Brunette, I'm looking for new rugs for our bedroom, but everything is out of stock at the moment. Also looking for a new comfy, club chair for the conservatory, but I would prefer to try it first. No chance of that! ?

Hoping everyone has the best day they can and to hear from our Gilly.

kittylester Mon 25-May-20 08:08:05

Good motning from a Leicestershire which is bright and still as dragonfly says.

We did lots in the garden yesterday so think we will have the day off today. Though I do intend to make an Eton Mess and probably eat a large portion.

Neighbours drinks party this evening.

Lovely looking food nfk and a bonus if you dont need to cook today either.