Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(64 Posts)
12Michael Mon 25-May-20 06:10:06

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a nice clear blue sky over Brackley this morning, and although its a Bank Holiday it does not feel like one.
Should be a quiet day in, some housework ,and the usual TV , tempted with a DVD having looked at Film choice on TV.
But having learned to take the situation in a more relaxed way , sooner than let the tension increase with the lockdown and effecting my mental health.
Take Care ,
Mick

Greyduster Mon 25-May-20 08:09:26

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. We are in for a blazing day. There is not a breath of wind. We will have a Bank Holiday social distance with all our neighbours later this afternoon, but to be honest the thought of sitting in the hot sun doesn’t fill me with joy! Until then, a quiet day of knitting and a bit of pottering in whatever shade there is to be found. NfkD your dinner looks wonderful. One of the great joys of Norfolk for me is the wonderful sea food. Have a good safe day folks.

Puzzler61 Mon 25-May-20 08:09:57

Good morning all from the blue skies of Worcs. On any other bank holiday DH and I would choose a place to visit in the National Trust book, pack a picnic and head off to explore. Not today though as NT remains closed for business in this part of the country. Sad - for us and for them - as it’s such a nice day.
We have the River (Severn) nearby so we’ll take a walk later.
Had long chats with both daughters yesterday and I admire their resilience at this strange time - I could do with a bit of that.
Stay on course with all these conflicting “guidelines”. Have a good day ?

Sar53 Mon 25-May-20 08:10:45

Good morning everyone from a lovely sunny Essex by the sea. We can expect the hordes to descend today on our local beach.
We will go out for a walk later, probably more than once, as we live in a flat with no balcony.
A cold dinner again today. More reading, we are both getting through loads of books, and carry on watching Designated Survivor on Netflix which are both enjoying, this evening.
Have a very pleasant day and stay safe everyone xx

gillybob Mon 25-May-20 08:15:15

Good morning from the NE coast where the wind has dropped and we have a beautiful sunny morning .

Kept myself busy day yesterday pottering in the garden and a walk into town to do a little basic shop then walked back .

Had a very upsetting telephone call from my son last night. That, that along with many other things has kept me up most of the night.

It’s my DD’s birthday to day. She will be 35 . I won’t get to see her other than on FaceTime but I’m starting to wonder if DH and I are some of the very few who seem to be sticking to the rules these days.

Have as good a Monday as possible .

Love Gilly x

Nannytopsy Mon 25-May-20 08:24:33

Good morning Mick and everyone! Bright and sunny in Suffolk too.
The bathrooms in this house have dark grey tiled floors and we have very hard water. I spent part of yesterday scrubbing limescale off the floor with a cream cleanser - awful job!
Today we start to paint the downstairs windows outside the house. The back faces south and the sun has stripped some of the paint completely. I hope it doesn’t get too hot. At some point I shall need to get more paint, so off to a DIY store later in the week.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

NfkDumpling Mon 25-May-20 08:27:04

flowers Gilly.

FlyingHandbag Mon 25-May-20 08:30:38

Morning all! I think it is to rain here today. I had a bit of a scary start to the day, I woke up to find the bedclothes covered in blood, which was still dripping from my nose. I used a face mask last night so my skin is lovely. X

dragonfly46 Mon 25-May-20 08:35:26

NfkD the food looks delicious.

Gilly we are sticking to the rules! I hope your DS feels better today and your DD has the best day possible. You don’t need any more on your plate. flowers

brook2704 Mon 25-May-20 08:41:25

gilly sending hugs ,I hope your daughter has a lovely birthday and things get a bit better for your son. Take care, we’re all here for you ?

Grandmafrench Mon 25-May-20 08:47:35

FlyingHandbag Had to re-read that.....at first I thought you were going to describe a dream you'd had. What a very unpleasant start to your day. Take it easy now!

FlyingHandbag Mon 25-May-20 08:49:01

Just looked out of window, looks very nice actually. I had a fall down the stairs yesterday (I was wearing ill-fitting slippers) so will be relaxing in garden today. X

FlyingHandbag Mon 25-May-20 08:50:21

Grandmafrench I will thankyou... I'm used to nosebleeds because I've had them since childhood. X

FlyingHandbag Mon 25-May-20 08:50:52

Hope you're ok gillybob. Sending hugsflowersx

BladeAnnie Mon 25-May-20 08:54:25

Good morning all from a sunny start in mid-Notts - definitely be bbq-ing later. Such a shame we are still not able to include family and friends yet sad. As our cleaner is employed as our gardener for the foreseeable - Mr BA has promised work his cleaning magic around the house today. I'm sure there will be something much more interesting that he HAS to do in his workshop though!! Hopefully DD coming to collect some things ordered with our shopping so we'll be able to have a nice socially distanced chat. Stay safe everyone and may this bank holiday Monday be kind to us all x

Anniebach Mon 25-May-20 08:54:48

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Lins1066 Mon 25-May-20 08:59:41

Good Morning Mick and all from a sunny Welsh coast.
We are sticking to the rules gilly but we are surrounded by neighbours who clearly aren't. I hope that people will stay away from our beaches too today.
Well done BlueSapphire you did amazingly well yesterday, you may not think so, but you did. Enjoy your socially distanced chat with your neighbours.
I watch the Pioneer Woman cookery programmes Marydoll
she has made some for lockdown which I watched last week, she seemed to have endless supplies of everything though. I like the Barefoot Contessa too, I really want her kitchen, house and garden. Serious envy here ?
We will go for a walk later and have a BBQ this afternoon.

Stay safe everyone

Mapleleaf Mon 25-May-20 09:01:58

Morning all,

As greyduster says, it's a glorious morning and we look to be in for a grand day.

NfkD your meal looked lovely. Hope you enjoyed it.

It's disheartening, isn't it, gilly when some blatantly flout the rules to suit themselves and get away with it, but I can assure you that many are sticking to the rules and making huge sacrifices in order to do so. It just makes us so angry, doesn't it, when there appears to be one rule for one and a diffferent rule for everyone else.

Take care all.

Kalu Mon 25-May-20 09:07:23

Good morning all and yes, I can confirm * Marydoll’s* report,
it’s a beautiful sunny morning in Glasgow.

Enjoying my alfresco kick start espresso always puts me in a good mood and sees the return of my get up and go. Plenty of pottering about outside and better still, DH brought a few red geranium plants back from his Waitrose trip ?. I will pot them up today looking forward to the finished result of the distinctive splashes of red dotted around the garden.

Have the best day you can everyone.

Mollygo Mon 25-May-20 09:07:47

Good Morning from sunny Lancashire. The sea is sparkling in the distance and when we walked as far as the M6 it was empty-unbelievable for a bank holiday. Hurray the wind has dropped at last.

BlueSapphire Mon 25-May-20 09:14:39

Thank you everyone for your kind words.
Someone asked what started the anxiety - just plain and simple, fear of the virus, thinking it's all round me, out to get me, catching it and dying from it. Simply finding those thoughts with me all the time - it feels like a living hell. I'm not ready to go yet! Plus the isolation, on my own for 99% of the time.

SusieB50 Mon 25-May-20 09:16:54

Good morning from a beautiful day in East London . This week is a week of birthdays , smallest DGS is 4 , DDiL 42, and DGC twins 10 . All within 4 days . We usually have a big family get together on one of the dates but of course not to be this year .It would have been the first without DH too. I must start early in the garden today before the sun comes round as I can now cut back a lot of overgrown ivy . A pair of robins had made a nest very low down in the ivy so I left it , but they have abandoned that residence in favour of another fortunately as it was a very risky place !
I love watching the goldfinches visiting the pond for a group bathe every morning . Every day I am so thankful for my small outside space and feel so sad for those without these days .

cornergran Mon 25-May-20 09:22:11

Morning Mick, morning All. Blue sky over our corner of Somerset. Less windy thank goodness. Some garden pottering for me today, Mr C plans to get the dust off the car. Foot still painful so no long walks. May manage a short one, see how the day goes. You definitely achieved a lot yesterday bluesapphire, I do understand how hard it is. Oh gilly, you don’t need more worries, so sorry. There’s a fair bit of rule bending around here too. Some seems sensible and very distanced, some definitely not. I imagine our beach will be busy today. Can only hope people are careful. Be gentle with yourselves everyone, we will get to the end of this. Best stir or nothing will happen today grin.

Gelisajams Mon 25-May-20 09:29:39

Good morning from a sunny calm Morecambe Bay. Quite a contrast to the last couple of days. We are just back in from our bike ride having got further and walked less!
Off to garden my patch in the churchyard when I’ve recovered.
Thinking of everyone with difficulties especially Gilly?. Take care and stay safe?

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 25-May-20 09:29:44

It is a beautiful blue sky day in my Oxfordshire village. I have eaten my breakfast and my next thing is typing up my journal. I have kept a journal, both written and typed, for many years. It is always interesting to read old entries. Today. Monday, I have a big knitting project to get on with and I might make a cake to use up some sour cream from yesterday’s beef stroganoff. I think Nigella Lawson has a chocolate and sour cream recipe. Did anyone read Saturday’s Guardian magazine? Several people had written letters to themselves to be opened in a year’s time. Saturday was 23 May - two months since lockdown was enforced. Well, I wrote myself a letter and put it away in an envelope for a year.
But today. Monday is still laundry day in my house. I am looking forward to watching the first episode of series two of Life on Mars. We missed the whole thing the first time around.

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 25-May-20 09:30:31

Good morning from east London, blue sky, bit of a breeze, forecast to be lot warmer later. DS collected safely yesterday from Chichester and we did have a decent walk around the lanes and fields near his campus. (And he’s making me a cup of tea having spent the last hour talking to me). Walk later on and latest episode of ‘Killing Eve’ tonight and plenty of things to do around the house that I’d may not be bothered to do. Just a query on the lemonade scones; I made them with the 3 ingredients last year and the comment that came back was maybe a pinch of salt was needed. Maybe it’s the way I rolled them. Have a good day.