Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(75 Posts)
12Michael Tue 26-May-20 06:07:41

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry and bright but some cloud this morning in Brackley.
usual day some laundry this morning, watch TV , lunch have a kip , TV etc.
The routine can vary on certain days .
Take Care
Mick

Casdon Tue 26-May-20 08:05:54

Whoops sorry, wrong thread!

Marydoll Tue 26-May-20 08:10:11

Casdon, you are welcome to join us! ?

EllanVannin Tue 26-May-20 08:10:57

Good Morning All x
Lovely first thing but very grey and threatening now as the forecast had stated yesterday. Seemingly the sun will be out later in the day----teatime, perhaps ?
I did want to do a bit of washing but a shower too had been forecast so it can wait until tomorrow.

Battle to do with the energy company this morning with their silly bills. Have I really used £175 pounds worth of electric in a quarter ? I don't think so, or gas @ £6.45 of which more has been used. Obviously a mix-up but it's got to be sorted.

A trip to the local shop this morning for milk, tea and coffee too which I'd left off the list when the neighbour shopped at Morrison's for me last week, but not to worry .

The lifting of lockdown isn't as lenient here because of having so many cases so still very few people around and the quietness of everywhere is also evident.

I must get the hoover on the go as the cut dried grass has trodden in the living room by myself in and out of the garden. It's very dry indeed and when the sun is on it you can smell the dry grass----it's lovely, like straw. It all looks golden instead of green.

Steak and chips today I think as I've got a couple of sirloins in the freezer with some crispy onions which I'll burn cook myself along with fried tomatoes.

I haven't bothered with salads at all so far because there's no decent cooked meat around here or all the other accoutrements that go with a salad which I like and which make a salad.

I remember when staying at an hotel in Spain where salad displays were like flower gardens. They were on large platters and everything was cut like flowers, so inviting and appetising to see. I've got photo's in the " archives " somewhere. Cyprus was the same. It was far more tempting than salad stuffs in individual dishes.

We could learn a lot from some countries who go to a lot of trouble. Ice cream sundaes decorated with fresh fruit is one of Spain's specialities if they still do them. This was in Pollensa. Wish I was there now sad

My crumpets and hot chocolate are calling so I'll get cracking and wish you all a good day and stay safe and well xx

Pittcity Tue 26-May-20 08:15:07

Good morning from sunny Colchester.
A pile of ironing is looking at me. Otherwise another quiet day in the garden.

Puzzler61 Tue 26-May-20 08:21:25

Good morning to Mick and all from Worcs. It’s a cloudy one forecast, but ☀️ for rest of this week.
It was very hot yesterday and even the cat didn’t know where to go to be cool, eventually she stretched out on the stone floor in the hall and we stepped over her all afternoon.
I got self raising flour for my neighbour from Waitrose yesterday - she looked so delighted as she is the cake baker in her family and her supplies had run out.
DD2 went to view a (rented) house, and was waiting for a call to see if she would be offered it by the Landlord. He rang yesterday to say she could have it and she’s well chuffed. Not sure if the logistics of moving during lockdown but she’ll manage it somehow.
I hope everyone finds some joy today, and to those who are unwell - I hope you feel better soon ?

SusieB50 Tue 26-May-20 08:26:13

Good morning to everyone from East London . A sad day yesterday remembering my much loved dear friend who was killed last year. The whole street lit a candle in their windows at sundown and many of us wandered up and down quietly chatting . More clearing of the overgrown ivy this morning before it gets hot and then I need to get 4 birthday cards for my lovely family .

GrannySomerset Tue 26-May-20 08:26:23

Red Letter day today - wonderful domestic help is returning to the fray and she couldn’t be more welcome. I have kept control of the house but there are a lot of untouched corners waiting for her more vigorous investigation, and now I might get round to the jobs which need doing like the inside of windows.

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 26-May-20 08:30:56

Good morning from east London, sunny, blue sky and warm.
Off to play tennis this morning then who knows what after. Yesterday we walked over to Walthamstow wetlands, reservoirs and land that were opened up to the public about 2 and a half years ago. The walk there is a hard, off road surface most of the way so the minus side is that it’s shared, especially at the moment, by significantly more groups of cyclists then usual. Hope you have a good day.

Nortsat Tue 26-May-20 08:34:32

Good morning Mick and team from a sunny east London.
My partner has students on Zoom this morning and we were saying wouldn’t it be lovely to go out for lunch afterwards...

My increased meds are still leaving me very tired, so I think my big excitement today, will be getting into my new novel. I have mince in the fridge and will make hamburgers with salad for supper.

The cats are stretched out to their full length, fast asleep. I may do my cat impersonation in the garden this afternoon. When I am lying on the lounger with my sunglasses on and my Panama hat, my partner says I look as though I am on holiday (chance would be a fine thing ...)

Sorry you have had a challenging time Mary
Sorry to hear about your pots Gelis
Bella how utterly infuriating that someone has burned your umbrella, some people are beyond contempt.

Have as lovely a day as possible and ‘let’s be careful out there’. ?

Lins1066 Tue 26-May-20 08:41:28

Good Morning Mick and all from a sunny S Welsh coast.
Sat out in the garden yesterday afternoon and had a BBQ, the birdsong was lovely.
Nothing planned for today except a walk later.
Stay safe everyone,

gillybob Tue 26-May-20 08:56:08

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a bright and sunny start to Tuesday .

DH has a “drive through” blood test later today so I will take him there then carry on over to “that place” to hunt for some documentation . I’m hoping install Team Viewer onto my work computer so I can access it from home .

I hope this week will see an end to my struggles with that wonderful bank that is Barclays and that I am able to put together a file for a review with the Pension Regulator . GrandmaFrench has given me an enormous amount of good advice so I feel like I have a bit more fight in me yet. I hope her Kayak trip Is successful today and it’s fresh fish for supper smile

I was hoping to make Marydoll’s famous chocolate cake for my DD’s birthday yesterday but still haven’t managed to get any flour or icing sugar anywhere around these parts .

Missing my DD and little Evie so much I can hardly bear it . Seems so unfair that soon we can go to a garage and buy a new car (very high on most people’s agenda I would imagine) and shop in an outdoor market but I still can’t look after my little granddaughter to allow her mummy to go to work. I know there are plenty people flouting the rules but we are not those kind of people .

That Turmeric yellow is a very difficult stain to remove Marydoll I once spilled some on a tiled floor and it got right into the grout . Nothing I tried would get rid of that bright yellow dye and it was in a very prominent place so I ended up having to scrape the grout out and redo it .

I can’t get over Susan’s poor little Henry having his diet mixed up with another baby. Shocking. I hope with a new dietician and the correct diet he comes on leaps and bounds .

I hope Tuesday is kind to everyone And we all see a little bit sunshine today .

Love Gillybob xx

Anniebach Tue 26-May-20 08:56:26

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

harrigran Tue 26-May-20 08:59:13

Good morning from a cloudy NE.
Nothing planned for today, my medical supplies will be delivered, just need to unlock porch door.
Waiting for an update on BIL who remains in hospital on oxygen, no results from the Covid test yet. My sister is unable to visit her DH and is left wondering whether she may be infected.
We went out in the car to charge the battery, the seafront was like air show weekend, people milling around, no the wonder we have so many cases of the virus.
Thinking of gilly and hoping you have better day.

gillybob Tue 26-May-20 09:06:21

I drove along our sea front yesterday Harri and was shocked to see how many people were out and about . There didn’t look to be too much social distancing going on . I’m not sure whether they have re-opened the sea front car parks a little prematurely .

Meant to add that my DH had his 3 part CV test delivered on Friday and picked up by a special courier first thing on Saturday morning . We should have the results later this week .which should show whether he has currently got it, whether he has had it and whether he is immune to it ? Interesting hmm

Susan56 Tue 26-May-20 09:07:39

Good morning from the Shropshire borders where the sun is shining.

I am going to see my mum today.Havent seen her since mid February.Her neighbour says she appears to have lost a lot of weight so I need to go and see what’s going on.I have packed my deckchair and a picnic so can sit in her front garden.I feel ridiculously nervous about going.We have a bag in the car with masks,gloves,hand gel so are well prepared.As we live right on the English/Welsh border I have to drive into Wales for a few miles and then back into England.Apparently there are police road checks?Hopefully I will be allowed through when I explain why I am going??

Sorry you have been so unwell over the last couple of days Marydoll.Could your sore throat be hay fever?
Thank you for your good wishes for Henry.I really hope with a new dietician we get some good advice and things start to improve.

Have a good day everyone.Take care and stay safe.

grannysyb Tue 26-May-20 09:10:37

Oh Marydoll, turmeric, what a nightmare! Sunny again today, going to the garden centre with DH as we need strong wire for the allotment. Hope Gillybob gets some satisfaction from all the beaurocrats that she has to deal with. Have a good day everyone.

Susan56 Tue 26-May-20 09:13:07

Crossed posts gilly.Thank you for your good wishes for Henry.We really hope things will improve now??
Hope that this week sees things improving for you?

EllanVannin Tue 26-May-20 09:20:20

Gillybob, I bet your DH had the virus when he was so poorly and already in hospital as many cases were caught in hospital.

I'm convinced that my GD's partner had it too but they'd have passed off his death blaming his lymphoma. I doubt he was tested. Many of us were in his company in December but there was only myself who took ill.

gillybob Tue 26-May-20 09:30:45

My son remains convinced that my DH had it at the end of last year EllanVannin when he was in ICU around the same time as your DGD’s poor partner .

They never really got to the bottom of what had caused the sepsis, double pneumonia, legionella etc. Just put it all down to a HAI (hospital acquired infection ) but isn’t that how many people have caught CV ? hmm

Ladyleftfieldlover Tue 26-May-20 09:36:21

Good morning everyone. Blue sky sunny day again. Two big things today! Collecting our Waitrose Click and Collect grocery order and reading stories to my 4-year old granddaughter on Zoom. I am also enjoying my latest knitting project - a mixed purples jumper for charity. OH is cooking dinner tonight - chicken curry.

Kalu Tue 26-May-20 09:38:15

I don’t like the sound of that sore throat Marydoll. Salt gargles to ease and keep your throat healthy. I know you can’t sit still for a minute but that doesn’t include stretching for anything with a ladle! Goodness Mrs., you really take the biscuit, no doubt, one which you have just baked?. Be careful.

BladeAnnie Tue 26-May-20 09:41:40

Good morning all from a bright and sunny mid-Notts - promises to be a beautiful day again. I have been feeling a bit off it for several days now and today woke up with a swollen mouth full of ulcers - a sure sign my sjogrens is flaring up. Joyous!! However could be worse and all that; but I will try and take things easy today - enjoying reading a Susan Lewis book. Stay safe everyone and may Tuesday be kind to us all x

Sar53 Tue 26-May-20 09:44:18

Good morning everyone from a very sunny Essex by the sea. Yesterday was lovely but the seafront was heaving as we drove past in the afternoon. All car parks open but no seafront parking, it's been blocked off to allow larger spaces for walking.
Tea loaf in the oven and washing on, ensuite cleaned, just main bathroom to do.
DH may have to go and collect something he needs for work I think he's excited about going out for a fairly long drive in the car. If not today it will be tomorrow.
A walk along by the sea later.
Have the best day you can and stay safe everyone xx

BlueSapphire Tue 26-May-20 09:45:26

Good morning everyone from a sunny Northampton.

A really hot day yesterday, and nice drinks gathering in the close - until - I inadvertently and accidentally walked a bit too close to my neighbour.....feel so guilty and upset and absolutely mortified. I was in floods of tears the rest of the day and could just not forgive myself.

Her attitude was that she knows we have all been in lockdown for 10/11 weeks (12 in my case), we have not had anyone else in our houses, none of us has been to the shops, and have all been socially distanced and she is just not worrying. Of course my anxiety levels have soared, felt sick, couldn't eat. DD had to have strong words with me over the phone and tell me that I cannot possibly have given her the virus as I do not have it myself. Which is what all the neighbours said, and keep telling me, but my brain can't accept it. Shall not be happy till a decent incubation period is past and we 're all ok.

Will try and do some more of the things my therapist suggested today, breathing exercises, a walk to the end of the road. She sent
me a load of sheets of suggestions yesterday, but will have to copy them out longhand, as printer not working. Then sit out in the garden this afternoon with the cats.

Sorry this has been a tale of doom and gloom.

But hope that everyone's day works out wel.

Mapleleaf Tue 26-May-20 09:45:41

Good morning all,

Another lovely day in store for us here by the looks of things.

I do hope you are allowed through to see your Mum, Susan56 - you must be quite worried about your Mum with her neighbour saying she thinks she's lost a lot of weight. I also hope that baby Henry will improve with better advice from the new dietician.

Take care everyone.