Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(75 Posts)
12Michael Tue 26-May-20 06:07:41

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry and bright but some cloud this morning in Brackley.
usual day some laundry this morning, watch TV , lunch have a kip , TV etc.
The routine can vary on certain days .
Take Care
Mick

Grammaretto Tue 26-May-20 09:46:02

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Still a nip in the air hereabouts.
Chelsea buns sound delish Marydoll . Our new favourite are hot crossed buns with apple from M&S brought by our naughty friend. We sit out in the garden at a distance and we have tea and a chat. It has kept us sane these last 3 months.

We have just heard that DDs dog who had a big operation and was making a good recovery has become very poorly overnight.

You sound a bit brighter today Gillybob It will be very interesting to find if he has had the virus.

Hoping everyone has as good a day as they can and are kind to yourselves.

Marydoll Tue 26-May-20 09:51:42

Grammaretto, you have given me an idea!
I'm always experimenting. wink

whywhywhy Tue 26-May-20 09:57:17

Good morning from a sunny and warm market Harborough.

More packing today and hopefully moving next week, all being well.

Have the best day that you can. X

Purplepixie Tue 26-May-20 10:07:15

Good morning from a beautiful sunny East Midlands. Another day of the same, walk, gardening, doing a bit of painting (watercolour), watch TV, read my book etc. I think we are going to try and plan a holiday at the end of the year, somewhere in the UK and hopefully we get to go on it. Take care and stay safe and sane.

CherryCezzy Tue 26-May-20 10:14:09

Good morning everyone, a hazy sunshiny day here in the Gower.

dragonfly, Marydoll and anyone else even contemplating overreacting themselves there's certainly a lesson there. I didn't post yesterday as things were not too good for me in the early part of the day. On Sunday evening I stupidly overreached whilst attempting to pick some flowers to freshen up the case in the dining room and wobbled, one leg went one way, the other another way. I tried and failed to stop myself falling onto the only patch of gravel in the garden ?. I felt so stupid and it was a real shock for me as I'm usually unconscious when I fall ? ?.

Marydoll, please look after yourself, methinks you may be doing too much. I'm worried that you are having so many angina attacks and now a sore throat.

Susan, I really hope the new dietician helps little Henry ? ?. I am a bit concerned to hear about your mother though, it sounds like she's been neglecting herself. I hope you have no trouble entering Wales, I think it's a legitimate reason! I hope she will be okay.

Well done Grandmafrench ? ?, I really hope that you finally get the justice you truly deserve gillybob and both Barclays and the Pension Regulator do right by you ??.

I may dabble with my non artistic artwork today as I did much of what I wanted to do in the garden yesterday so it's only a bit of dead heading to do out there today.

Take care everyone and be kind to yourselves ❤️

GrannySomerset Tue 26-May-20 10:20:31

So good that Gillybob has had such helpful support and fingers crossed for a result soon. Isn’t Gransnet wonderful at its best (and never mind the snipers who only cause problems?

Megs36 Tue 26-May-20 10:21:27

Marydoll, my husband and I (sounds like theQueen!) have both had /still got what I would have called drippy colds despite not leaving the house or seeing anyone for 10 weeks, How can that happen, I too wondered hay fever although never before, he has a cough as well but could be left over from pneumonia.

65clare Tue 26-May-20 10:31:10

Good Morning, sun shining - hoping to get some gardening done today! But feeling very lethargic and struggling to get going. Any ideas?

Urmstongran Tue 26-May-20 10:37:26

Hi to you Ladyleftfieldlover ? I think you’re a newbie?

Where are you off to whywhywhy? I’ll bet arranging a house move isn’t easy in these difficult times!

Urmstongran Tue 26-May-20 10:39:45

X posts with you 65clare hi to you too ?
Where are you posting from? We like to know so we can ‘place’ you and find out what the weather’s like too!
And of course how much your house is worth ...
?

EllanVannin Tue 26-May-20 10:43:46

Urmston, you're hilarious grin

Urmstongran Tue 26-May-20 10:44:54

?? EV it’s part of my charm!

Daisyboots Tue 26-May-20 11:06:59

Good morning from a very warm Silver Coast Portugal with temperature going up to 33⁰ this afternoon. That means I wont be going far today as have to keep out of the sun.
I hope Gillybob gets somewhere with BB and the pensions people too and it lovely that Grandmafrench has been able to help.
I hope you get your problems with your energy company sorted out EV
I went to the hospital yesterday and am now starting on my 4th round of the oral chemo. Am in a lot less pain so I am hoping that means the chemo is working but I wont know anything until I see the Oncologist on the 18th June.
Hope all those in pain sees it easing and have a good day everyone.

Buntie123 Tue 26-May-20 11:22:20

Goodl morning from Liverpool x dull day here today, decision made today not to watch or listen to any news until 5.00 xx

Salad for lunch, yippee which is soon x love gransnet for likeminded girli s like myself x

Puzzler61 Tue 26-May-20 11:24:39

Hello to new posters. ?
Daisyboots wishing you well with your treatment and hope your body is responding well when you’re reviewed next month.

Grammaretto Tue 26-May-20 11:33:28

On the subject of hayfever: I think my drippy nose is dust fever. Some of the tree pollen gives reactions too so you can't escape even if you never go near hay.
Hi to all the newbies!!

Feelingmyage55 Tue 26-May-20 11:40:28

Good morning from a sunny but still windy north of Scotland. I have come inside from hoeing to fetch my coffee. I have a folding sun lounger but it is too windy to open unless I lie on it - there’s the answer. We have had some truly stunning red sunsets for the last few days and I take my evening cup of tea outside to enjoy them. Someone in the village has organised food bank collections, leaving a box at a bus shelter. It is always full these days. People are being very kind, also donating the substitutions from their grocery deliveries. A young friend passed the house yeSteradian. I didn’t recognise her at first as she has changed her hair colour and her baby has changed so much too. This is what it will be like when I eventually go out. “bluebelle” ?

EBear Tue 26-May-20 11:44:16

Good morning from a sunny Norfolk.

Decided on an early morning cycle ride which turned out to be very pleasant. Despite my 'comfort seat' turning out not to be that comfortable!

Cooking, online delivery and a bit of gardening on the agenda for later.

Not watching the news today as well, too stressful when we are all trying our best.

Hope everyone has a good day and those struggling get some peace.

EllanVannin Tue 26-May-20 11:49:05

Hello Buntie, I'm across the water from you----reading the Liverpool Echo. grin Yes, it's dull here too.

EllanVannin Tue 26-May-20 11:59:20

And you are a charming lady, Urmston x Love the humour.

dragonfly46 Tue 26-May-20 12:14:47

So pleased you have had some helpful advice Gilly I think the rest of us feel helpless.

Whywhywhy you will feel relieved when you finally move out. It is a big step - I hope it goes well.

Hope you feel better today Mary and the apple hot cross buns turn out okay wink.

I have cleaned my living room and kitchen windows so feeling quite proud. I will leave the other 25 for another day after all these are the ones I look at most often!!

Justwidowed Tue 26-May-20 12:35:18

Good afternoon everyone from a cloudy but warm Lancashire. Wiped, I mean washed,the PVC window frames today as my neighbour cleaned the gutters and the parts I couldn't reach.Neighbours are more helpful than family these days.
Any outside effort makes my blood sugar plummet so it will be a quiet afternoon for me.

Hope Marydoll sore throat improves, I find that gargling with TCP or crushed aspirin helps.
Good luck today Gillybob hope it all goes smoothly, you certainly don't need any more setbacks.

Mollygo Tue 26-May-20 13:07:00

Good afternoon from sunny but cloudy Lancaster. Lovely for walking today. After the windy weekend I need to find somewhere to buy a support for the pear tree which is now listing dangerously.
Any ideas?

Daisyboots Tue 26-May-20 15:34:58

Thank you Puzzler61