Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(74 Posts)
12Michael Tue 26-May-20 06:07:41

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry and bright but some cloud this morning in Brackley.
usual day some laundry this morning, watch TV , lunch have a kip , TV etc.
The routine can vary on certain days .
Take Care
Mick

Pantglas2 Tue 26-May-20 06:18:32

Morning Mick and all who follow from a dry north Wales where the weather hasn’t yet arrived!

Don’t think we’re having as good a day as yesterday but need it to stay dry for DH to finish the shed roof - one last piece to go on and we’re done (without a cross word ?)

Found some chicken livers in the freezer so pate on the menu for lunch and some filing/admin to sort while catching up with Normal People.

Stay safe x

grandMattie Tue 26-May-20 06:35:30

Morning all from a sunny E Kent. No wind either, it’ll be a hot day... never any rain this end of UK.
Nothing much today. Painters still doing a grand job.
Chicken salad again tonight. DH could survive on salad, I get bored so try different things. Latest salad is fennel, orange and red onion in a mustardy vinaigrette. ? Yum.
Stay well, stay safe.

Scentia Tue 26-May-20 06:36:11

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. The sun has got one of his best hat’s on this morning, washing will be out then off to bike to the factory with the pooch. Whilst I have been off DH has gone and got loads of orders! So pleased we have work but I am working for the next 7 days straight so can only help him today!!
I followed my instincts yesterday and went to see DD and DSiL and DGS. We stayed in the garden and kept our distance from each other, apart from a DGS he was so pleased to see me. We washed and sanitised before and after the visit, so I am happy with our efforts to stay safe. If anyone wants me to explain myself I will answer questions from my garden later wearing my mates rather oversized shirt?
Hope everyone has a good day and des what they can manage to keep them and others safe.

Urmstongran Tue 26-May-20 06:38:47

Sun’s up here! ?
Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s already warm ?

Yesterday instead of sliding in a hairband I used half a dozen Kirby grips to twist my hair and hold it in place up off my neck. It’s shoulder length now and pinning it up is so much cooler as it’s off my neck. I left a few soft tendrils and, unless I’m delusional, it looked quite nice. This could well be my go-to style for the summer!

Cafe sombras again later during our mid morning stroll. It’s good to see more people out and about. Wearing masks is a bit hot though, I’m glad to sit in the shade and pull it off for my coffee!

Hope Tuesday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Grandmafrench Tue 26-May-20 06:41:12

Good morning everyone ! Especially Mick and the successful shed roofers of North Wales! Hope you get your dry day.

Wonderful morning here in France. Up early (for me) as we are off in the Kayak to try to catch some mackerel or a sea bass. Going later doesn't work because of the heat and the sunshine trying to burn holes in us on the water. We shall be back home by lunchtime - hopefully carrying lunch (but you know what fishing can be like!!!!!!)

Our lovely DHL guy turned up yesterday with my two favourite parcels - an English magazine for me and a 3 month supply of tea bags from Twinings in Ireland. Yaaay! I was down to one box but am now set up with my favourite tea for the foreseeable.

Hope everyone has a good day - free from aggravation, frustration and any other "ation" that might be looking to cause problems. Chins up everyone - freedom comes ever nearer. Stay safe in the meantime.

Hugs x

Kalu Tue 26-May-20 06:50:12

Good morning Mick and Pantglas and all from a sunny morning in Glasgow.

Although we started off with a sunny morning yesterday a chilly wind got up later in the day so when I realised my knees were turning blue I decided it wasn’t a day for shorts and changed into warmer clothing to carry on working in the garden.

A lick and a promise basic housework will be done, washing already out as I will take advantage of some good weather. Well that’s my excuse?

Hope everyone has a good day and a brighter one if you are having difficult times

Ginny42 Tue 26-May-20 07:05:00

Good morning Mick and everyone from a bright start to the day in Cheshire. I was out in the garden at 6.00 chasing the squirrels feasting on the roses. Cheeky blighters hide from me until I actually stride down there.

Mind if I pop round to yours for tea grandeMattie? I love salad. Yesterday mime was prawn, pomegranate and walnut. Glad you are out and about now Urmstongran especially now the really hot weather is due. I'm watching those flight announcements and getting a bit excited at the prospect of Spain before too long now.

Today is more 'faffimg and footering' as has become my modus operandi. A little bit of this and that and whatever takes my fancy. Will I ever have a true sense of purpose again?

Wishing everyone a peaceful day, especially anyone suffering with anxieties or illness. flowers for all

GrannyGravy13 Tue 26-May-20 07:05:31

Good morning Mick and all x

Another warm day here in S E Essex so reading in the garden.
We ate outside last night and then stayed till nearly eight o'clock it was warm and balmy .

Keep safe and well folks ?

Beechnut Tue 26-May-20 07:14:29

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where it is bright and sunny.

Had a nice day yesterday. Some of it just sat watching and listening to the water falling in the pebble fountain. I’m glad I’ve wired it back up and figured out how I can have it on now the electrics have been taken out of the shed.

I’ve got some admin today that involves a phone call so we’ll see how that goes. Later a bike ride to a friend with a birthday card.

Have lovely day all ?

cornergran Tue 26-May-20 07:21:52

Morning Mick, morning All. A bright, sunny start to the day in our corner of Somerset. Our beaches have been so busy they are off the exercise list for now unless we go very early or in the evening. No idea how the day will shape itself although I’m sure a book and a comfy chair in the garden will appear at some point. Be gentle with yourselves everyone. Have as good a day as you can.

brook2704 Tue 26-May-20 07:34:44

Good morning everyone from a sunny bright Inverness, it’s warming up again nicely. Hopefully the sun will stay out all day !
More gardening for me today, although I’d much prefer a trip in the kayak grandmafrench if you’ve space for another one? ?
I’ve just remembered I forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer for our meal later, so no idea now what we’ll be tucking into tonight....
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and those with extra worries and struggles or just feeling generally fed up have a better day today
Take care ?

ninathenana Tue 26-May-20 07:37:42

Good morning, another fine sunny start in Kent.
Himself is working today apart from taking and collecting, I will struggle to find something to do today.
Have a good day everyone.

Bellasnana Tue 26-May-20 07:37:59

Good morning from sunny Malta.

I woke late today so have missed the bin men. It’s recycling today so it will have to wait until Friday.

It is pretty hot now so I have put up my big umbrella which will stay up until September. I’m a bit peeved because someone has thrown their cigarette butts and burnt a hole in it. Some people just don’t care.

Not much going on today. I’ve charged up my Karcher in case I feel moved to clean the windows, but I’m so lethargic these days it may or may not happen.

DD3 and I plan to go for a drive later to nowhere in particular, just to change the scene.

Wishing you all the best day possible.☀️?

kittylester Tue 26-May-20 07:42:19

Morning all from a cloudy, but warm, North Leicestershire.

Nursing a slightly sore head after our neighbours' get together last night. It is such a nice thing to do and made better by the fact that one couple are only in their forties so bring a different dynamic to our group.

Taking paracetamol today. grin

Urmstongran Tue 26-May-20 07:45:14

I’m curious ninathenana - does your husband not drive or do you just enjoy ferrying him about?
?

Gingster Tue 26-May-20 07:49:17

Good morning and once again we have beautiful sunshine ?.

I must be more adventurous with my salads, Grandmattie and Ginny. I like a salad but DH thinks of it as a light snack. More ideas on the salad front please.

Washed all my character tea pots yesterday. I do them once a year (should be more often I know) and put them in the sunshine to dry. I love looking at them as I wash them. They are so full of detail.. I have 20 of them and don’t really want any more as I dont have room for them.

We have an ant infestation in the kitchen, so stripped all the worktops and shelves and gave everywhere a good clean and then put powder down. Hope it’s solved ?

Found out which dog is using our front area as a toilet. I knew it must be a big dog and I and my neighbours only have little pooches. It’s the local fisherman who walks his dog along the beach first thing and obviously lets him wander. We are friendly with him and I don’t want to cause upset but it’s bloomin annoying.

Enjoy this beautiful day ??

Gelisajams Tue 26-May-20 07:50:39

Good morning from a calm cloudy Morecambe Bay. DH is out running, so no walk till later.
Not much planned for today, maybe get a bit of gardening done here and a another hour or so on my patch a church.
I had a bit of a disaster yesterday. I have one of those plastic greenhouses which is basically shelves with a plastic coat. I went in to water last night and was greeted with plants, soil and trays all in a heap. The wild winds had knocked them all off the shelves. I’m trialling a few plants for GardeningWhich and they were some of the worst casualties.
Thinking of those on here with far worse problems to contend with. Take care and stay safe everyone.?

dragonfly46 Tue 26-May-20 07:53:50

Good morning, as kitty says it is dull here.

Got my plants in pots yesterday and wobbled on the steps to hang the baskets.

Bellasnana I too have charged the Karcher in anticipation of cleaning the windows. The window cleaner came last week so I really should do the outsides.

Stay safe everyone and keep away from the crowds - the beaches looked horrendous yesterday!

Marydoll Tue 26-May-20 07:54:10

Good morning Mick and all. As Kalu says, the sun is shining here in Glasgow.
I have woken up with a really sore throat. How can I have one, if I haven't been in contact with anyone since 13th March?

Well DH got his Chelsea buns yesterday, at a cost! I couldn't reach the mixed spice, so tried to get it down myself, rather than bother DH. Wrong move! As I stretched up, using a ladle to pull it to the edge, I knocked some of the spice bottles, which came tumbling out and landed on the marble worktop!.?
If anyone has an easy way to clean up turmeric, chilli powder etc and slivers of glass, please let me know.
The accessories in my kingdom are yellow, but I hadn't really considered covering everything in yellow turmeric! ?

In my wardrobe and cupboard cull, I discovered three pairs of brand new pyjamas and ten pairs of tiny new pants for DGD.
Sadly, I realised that by the time I see her, she will have outgrown them, without even wearing them.

As I said yesterday, I feel for DH, who won't go out in case he compromises me.
Once a week he takes his car out for ten minutes to keep the battery full, just in case I need to go to a medical appointment.
I suggested when he was out, that he should drive past DGD's house and leave the clothes and Chelsea buns ( DS1's favourites) too on the doorstep. It's only five mins away in the car.
He was so much brighter when he came back.

However, I received a message from DIL. Thank you for the buns You beat me to it, I had promised to make them for DS!, I don't know what to make for him now
Oh dear, offended her again, by what I thought was a good read. wink

I plan to spend the day in the garden.
I never made it yesterday. Out of the blue, in the afternoon, I had a really bad angina attack, it came from nowhere and totally floored me.☹️! I ended up falling asleep on the sofa. I was mad at losing an afternoon in the garden! Time is so precious.

What may have caused it, was the cost of my new baking trays?. Our holidays have been cancelled, so I decided to treat myself. No comparison really!

DH has promised to go up the loft today, ( he has been promising for the last week) to find my summer tops.
I have umpteen summer trousers, but can't find any tops! I bought a few linen ones in the sales in Rome last year, ( a bargain €5 each), but can't find them anywhere.☹️.

For all those struggling and sad , ?, we are slowly getting there.
Gilly, I hope you have managed some sleep. Hoping for better news of wee Henry, Susan , now that he has a change of dietician.

Have the best day possible.

Brunette10 Tue 26-May-20 07:57:38

Good Morning from a sunny but rather airy Fife. Had a very sound sleep last night so I'm full of energy for today. Sheets in washing machine, chicken fillets out to defrost for a new curry which I intend to make, recipe from DD so hopefully it'll turn out nice. Still waiting for new garden furniture, may give the carriers a ring today as I know it's in their warehouse. Usual chores today but stocked up on baking stuff yesterday so may bake, will see how my morning goes. Like to get things like that done in the morning. Hope everyone is feeling good today and yes despite circumstances I'm hoping spirits are up. Look forward to better days. Keep your chin up and have a nice day.

Nannytopsy Tue 26-May-20 08:00:00

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
Sunny in Suffolk again and it’s going to be warm. We should be painting windows but it’s very warm for that.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

NfkDumpling Tue 26-May-20 08:00:36

Morning All

A wonderful hot sunny morning here in the north of Norfolk. I’m going to have to get the bread on to rise early today!

A wonderful day yesterday. We followed our instincts and helped DS and family move their new dingy to their house (they needed our car for the roof rack for the mast). Had a lovely walk around Oulton Broad park with DGS and dog socially distancing - with the beach so close it wasn’t very crowded. And had an even more lovely hug with DGS before we parted. I used common sense there. They haven’t mixed with anyone for over a week and we hadn’t for much, much longer!

Have a successful day everyone.

Greyduster Tue 26-May-20 08:04:13

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is out at one side of the house and there is a large dark cloud at the other. Which will win out, do we think? We could do with some rain. We had a long afternoon “playing out” with the neighbours yesterday and very good fun it was, but it was hot in the sun. Domestics for me today, then a clematis to sort out that seems to have left the trellis and entangled itself into a thick rope! Cheese and vegetable pie for supper. Have a good day folks.

Casdon Tue 26-May-20 08:04:34

I’m investing the money I was planning to spend on holidays in the garden this year instead, decided if we have to be stuck at home we might as well luxuriate - so far the weather’s been very kind, so getting plenty of use out of the beautiful parasol and sun loungers.