Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(79 Posts)
12Michael Fri 29-May-20 06:09:18

Good Morning Everyone,
Again another bright sunny start to the day here in Brackley this morning.
Usual Friday shop ,although the queing is getting less ,and signs of panic buying of roughly 2 months back has disappeared.
After that TV , lunch, more TV ,kip for an hour , then usual routine .
Take Care ,
Mick

Grandmafrench Fri 29-May-20 15:40:48

Oh how wonderful. They obviously knew you had a good sense of humour - how nice was that! There is nothing at all like a good laugh, I think. Language is amazing and I'm always disappointed if people look blank when I've just got excited about some word or phrase or dialect. Still....takes all sorts, I suppose. Hope your pains are slightly better today and thoughts of seeing your family for other than a snatched few moments will be enough of a distraction for your spirits to remain UP. Hugs from France x

Marydoll Fri 29-May-20 16:09:49

I forgot to say, I talk with my hands and they had all the hand movements and arm waving in the video.

I watched my DGD talk to my husband today, (long story, unexpected visit) and I had a feeling of déjà vu, when I saw her hands moving about! grin.

She is indeed her gran's girl. I will save that anecdote it for the GM thread tomorrow.

GrannySomerset Fri 29-May-20 17:34:40

Strange how mannerisms are inherited. Someone meeting my teenage DD commented that it was like watching my mother talking with her hands. DM died seven years before DD was born!