Gransnet forums

Chat

is nicola sturgeon telling fibs

(86 Posts)
petunia Sat 30-May-20 11:00:06

I don't believe that Nicola Sturgeon hasn't seen a hairdresser since we went into lock down. Nor did i believe the piece in the papers recently saying she cut her own hair. It is far to immaculate and layered for a novice to do. Or maybe she was a hairdresser in a former life??

Riverwalk Sat 30-May-20 15:00:51

I can't imagine for one minute that NS is telling fibs.

Did Digby Jones really make that silly comment - has he nothing better to comment on?

Marydoll Sat 30-May-20 15:20:15

I really don't think NS is foolish enough to compromise her integrity, position or lockdown regulations, by having hairdresser do her hair.
Look at the fallout from the Dominic Cummings fiasco and reading GN posts , there are many who dislike her and are waiting for her to fall from grace. .

I'm not a great fan, but I think she is doing a great job. However, anyone could be seen to be doing a great job, compared to Boris!

Brunette10 Sat 30-May-20 15:39:02

Totally agree Marydoll with your post in all respects. I'm not a fan either but NS has def come out on top when it comes to addressing Scotland each day with her update. I even said to DH this morning that at the moment I trust in what she says and what she is advising for the moment. Now there's a first!

Jane10 Sat 30-May-20 15:40:59

Also not a fan. Unlike the Downing Street press briefing, Scottish journalists have their microphones turned off after one question especially if it's about her non disclosure of the COVID-19 outbreak at the Nike conference in February. Yes February! I could (easily) say more!

Riverwalk Sat 30-May-20 15:52:35

But what about telling fibs about her hair Jane, that's what this thread is about?

I know nothing of the Nike conference - do tell.

Marydoll Sat 30-May-20 16:00:23

Nike conference

Here is a taster for starters.
www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/business/nike-edinburgh-conference-was-ground-zero-covid-19-outbreak-scotland-2849739

suziewoozie Sat 30-May-20 16:01:04

God you NS haters really are desperate aren’t you? You sound utterly pathetic and childish.

Wheniwasyourage Sat 30-May-20 16:06:17

What I can't understand is those GNers who live in England and get so worked up about Nicola Sturgeon. We can be furious with Boris Johnson because he can have a huge influence on our lives, and Jane10 can find the current Scottish government, which affects her life, wrong in many ways. People in England, on the other hand, are not affected by anything Nicola Sturgeon does, so why does she upset some of you so much?

Marydoll Sat 30-May-20 16:06:44

Until I started reading the GN political posts, I never realised how many posters despise NS!

If I had to choose between her and that bumbling fool Boris, it certainly wouldn't be Boris.

Elizabeth1 Sat 30-May-20 16:17:28

Wish I could cut hair as good as Nicola and dress as well as she does she’s always immaculate . my DH has hair similar to BJ he’ll look 20 yrs younger when it’s been cut. Sadly he won’t let me touch his hair something about not trusting me eh where would he get that idea from?. I’ll be thinking soon that I’m married to a tomboy oh I cannot wait for that day. wink

Elizabeth1 Sat 30-May-20 16:22:01

Cougar comes to mindwink

paddyanne Sat 30-May-20 16:23:01

thats the Nike conference where Nike said they tracked and traced all 25 cases of their employees and all had recovered and were well .There was ONE hotel employee who it seems traveled to Portugal before disclosing symptoms and then claimed it was caught in Edinburgh AFTER the holiday was over,
Move forward to the 40+ DEATHS attributed to the Athletico Madrid match in MARCH ...or The almost 150 deaths attributed to Cheltenham where 250.000 attended ..I can see how Edinburgh is the biggest issue here ..we dont get told anything about the other two events despite the death toll .Admit it jANE its nothing to do with CV19 nd all about SNP BAD .I would expect nothing else from you ..I wonder what you would say about the chief clown if you lived downsouth? Or would you be cheerleading for him.Beggers belief .

mary51 Sat 30-May-20 17:12:28

The reason she may upset some south of the border is because she's always popping up on TV if you are still watching it.

mary51 Sat 30-May-20 17:15:33

Well not always but frequently!

Elizabeth1 Sat 30-May-20 17:53:54

Someone at my previous employment was always heard to say keep the heid and I’ll buy ye a bunnet . - take from that whatever. wink

Baggs Sat 30-May-20 18:13:01

don’t think for a minute she is cutting her own hair, and if she really is then she should get rid of her usual hairdresser, because she can do it just as well herself.

If she is cutting her own hair, lemon, she won't have a hairdresser. Nobody cuts their own hair that well, even with husbandly help, without some practice. Maybe she's been doing it for years.

Calendargirl Sat 30-May-20 19:35:01

On the BBC News tonight, I commented to DH that Kate Silverton looks to be doing her own hair. It’s quite long for her and looks slightly wild, but she is as attractive as always.
Good on her if it’s a DIY job.

lemongrove Sat 30-May-20 20:32:45

Baggs grin
Maybe she started life as a hairdresser before joining the SNP.

ladymuck Sat 30-May-20 20:41:27

I understood that there is a team of people back-stage which does the hair and make-up for newsreaders...hence they always look freshly done.
I don't think Nicola Sturgeons hair looks perfect at present. At the moment it does look as though she did it herself. Look at the ends, blunt-cut. Not done with proper hairdressers scissors.

lemongrove Sat 30-May-20 20:43:23

Don’t you think she may have ordered some from somewhere? Or did she use the kitchen scissors??

Jane10 Sat 30-May-20 20:55:06

Paddyann I'm not an SNP fan for a whole host of reasons but re the Nike conference scandal more and more is coming out about that and NS's various obfuscations unravelled to such an extent that even she admitted that they could have done things differently.
I'm not a Boris fan either btw

Lucca Sun 31-May-20 08:02:50

1. Scissors. I ordered hairdressers scissors from amazon. Not difficult to do
2. I’ve just seen this thread an cannot honestly believe The viciousness towards NS. people who have said never mind what DC did, it doesn’t matter, are now having a go at NS because they absolutely know apparently that she isn’t doing her own hair.
3. However it is really nice to see balanced posts such as Marydoll saying She is not necessarily a great fan but that NS is doing a great job .
4. How would the Boris fan club respond if We had thread entitled “Why the hell can’t a 55 year old man brush his hair?”

Elegran Sun 31-May-20 08:57:20

My MiL owned a pair of hairdressers' scissors. We inherited them, and I used to trim my daughters' hair with them while they were too young to object. As far as I know, MiL never cut her own hair in her entire life. Nicola Sturgeon could well have had a pair at the back of the kitchen drawer - or she may have ben in the habit of trimming her hair in between visits to her hair dresser, or even every time it needed it.

Posters in Englandshire - does she affect your restricted livs, your chances of catching the virus? No? Well, there are enough people living in Scotland to criticise her when she affects theirs.

I am not a fan of NS politically either - but with regard to the coronavirus, I think she is doing far better than Westminster.

Compared to DC's arrogance, whether she does or does not cut her own hair is small beer.

Glorybee Sun 31-May-20 09:10:00

Elegran, apparently not “far better”, according to a report in the Sunday Times today -

“Opposition parties have pointed to multiple Scottish government failures and are demanding a public inquiry into its handling of the crisis. Other shortcomings they have highlighted include poor pandemic preparation, ventilator shortages, and the abandonment of contact tracing and testing in March.

Labour’s shadow Scottish secretary Ian Murray also accused the administration of secrecy and a lack of transparency over the Nike conference outbreak.

He said: “This is a damning verdict on the Scottish government’s catastrophic handling of the coronavirus pandemic. A better communications strategy than Boris Johnson does not negate the fact that we have one of the worst excess mortality rates on the planet.

“It’s little wonder, given that the country’s original Covid-19 outbreak was covered up, that Scotland also has one of the worst testing rates in the world, and with the national scandal of elderly people being sent from hospital to care homes without being tested.”

Scottish Conservative leader Jackson Carlaw said: “When you examine the Scottish government’s record on delivery, not presentation, it is extremely poor. There are now serious concerns that the testing and tracing system will not function properly and a safe return to work will be compromised.”

Bacteriologist Professor Hugh Pennington described the failure to prevent the virus getting into care homes in Scotland as “abject”.”

Gajahgran Sun 31-May-20 09:45:31

Sorry but every time I see her I think of Wee Jimmy Crankie!