Gransnet forums

Chat

Did you have a schoolgirl crush on a film star?

(182 Posts)
AGAA4 Sun 31-May-20 15:49:49

I was in love with Clint Eastwood when he was in Rawhide in the early 60's
He is 90 today.

Teetime Tue 02-Jun-20 09:35:23

Oliver Reed!!!!! I know I can hear you shouting but Oh wow!!!!

catladyuk Tue 02-Jun-20 12:54:51

Dirk Bogarde and James Dean (who was not gay but probably bi!) and many more over the years but these were the earliest, and yes, I still have the scrapbooks!

JeanGenie14 Tue 02-Jun-20 13:02:25

Clark Gable for me!!

hollysteers Tue 02-Jun-20 13:54:36

My crush was Desi Arnez, husband of Lucy. Apparently he was quite a womaniser, so I was not the only one!
Also, strangely, Fred MacMurray. I had a violent father and he always seemed so kind, so possibly I saw him as an ideal father.

BelindaB Tue 02-Jun-20 15:25:38

Oliver Read (I've always liked bad boys, too!). Somewhat spoiled his image when a girl I worked with who was dotty about him actually turned up at the studio gate and demanded to see him - and he not only obliged, but took her to tea and gave her a tour of the set!

Also George Chakiris (West Side Story) and another Clint whose surname I cannot remember, he was huge and was a really bad actor but he looked wonderful! I think he was part red indian.

One who can still make me go dizzy is Sam Elliott. That first shot of him in Mask when he turns and looks at the camera and grins....Ha! In a cold sweat again...

...and not forgetting Geoff Goldbloom. Those eyes!!!

Just because we are on a diet don't mean we can't look at the menu, Right?

GranddadBrian Tue 02-Jun-20 15:40:02

A crush can be painful for a young chap. Not so bad for girls.

I remember when I was 15, we were on holiday In Douglas IOM. It had been raining so my parents took us to the cinema
I fell in love with Joan Leslie starring in the film
When we were came to leave my body was acting like a dog on heat , so much my Dad rescued me with the loan of his rain Mac . My 11=yr sister kept asking question which Mum had to tell her off for speaking out loud. I never wanted another crush, it can be painful and very embarrassing at 15.

Pity I don’t get a crush very often these days.