Gransnet forums

Chat

Hi, how are you?

(62 Posts)
FlyingHandbag Tue 02-Jun-20 15:28:45

Just wanted to say hello and chat to you all. I am in some pain (as always), so I am going to have a nice hot chocolate and I am listening to relaxing music on Youtube on the television. Hope you're all well.
Love,
FlyingHandbagflowers

grannylyn65 Wed 03-Jun-20 22:36:52

Hi from Scotland

annep1 Wed 03-Jun-20 22:43:36

Quote from Webmd

palliative care is actually a new medical specialty that has recently emerged -- and no, it's not the same as hospice. It doesn't serve only the dying. Instead, it focuses more broadly on improving life and providing comfort to people of all ages with serious, chronic, and life-threatening illnesses.

May7 Wed 03-Jun-20 23:24:25

mrswoo I'm addicted to laughing cow light cheese triangles too and especially the blue cheese ones. Cant trust myself to have butter in the fridge.

Tillypuppy Wed 03-Jun-20 23:47:27

It's seafood sticks with me. I am working my way through a pack of 16 watching Buffy the vampire slayer. I don't sleep much these days am using the excuse that at 85 I can get away with being naughty and enjoying it.

May7 Thu 04-Jun-20 00:14:43

Yep seafood sticks for me as well. Cant stop at one though....

Aldom Thu 04-Jun-20 09:31:34

Daisyboots So sorry about your illness. I think my my explanation was misconstrued
. Palliative care is for people who have life limiting conditions. That means, conditions which make life difficult. Like yours. End of life care is the care provided for people who are nearing the end of their lives. Two, similar, but different types of care. I wish you a long life, with good palliative care to help you.

Froglady Thu 04-Jun-20 09:59:42

I was all right when the sun was shining but as soon as the gloomy weather returns I get gloomy. I live in the north west of England so the sun for us is very welcome as we get a lot of rain. I've enjoyed sitting outside and getting a suntan while reading. But I'm stuck indoors again now. I am in pain all the time as well so reading in the sun helps a lot, but gloomy weather does not.

Joesoap Thu 04-Jun-20 22:07:39

Flying handbag, you sound such a nice person, and enjoying your music and hot chocolate sounds the perfect thing to do.Enjoy it and I hope the pain eases.
Sending flowers and hugs.

FlyingHandbag Thu 04-Jun-20 22:08:18

Joesoap

Flying handbag, you sound such a nice person, and enjoying your music and hot chocolate sounds the perfect thing to do.Enjoy it and I hope the pain eases.
Sending flowers and hugs.

Thanks so much. X

Aldom Fri 05-Jun-20 13:24:46

Hello Flyinghandbag Just wondering if you have had that hot chocolate yet? ☕ As the weather is cooler maybe you've had several. Just had garlic mushrooms on toast for lunch. Do you like them. Mushrooms and garlic are a bit like Marmite. Love or hate them. Hoping your pain is easier today. ?

FlyingHandbag Fri 05-Jun-20 14:05:23

Aldom

Hello Flyinghandbag Just wondering if you have had that hot chocolate yet? ☕ As the weather is cooler maybe you've had several. Just had garlic mushrooms on toast for lunch. Do you like them. Mushrooms and garlic are a bit like Marmite. Love or hate them. Hoping your pain is easier today. ?

Hi Aldom! I've had a few. I like garlic but not mushrooms (bit into one as an infant and juice shot down my throat and made me sick). Hope you enjoyed your lunch. My pain is not as bad as normal today, thanks. X