Gransnet forums

Chat

A thank you message

(30 Posts)
MissAdventure Fri 05-Jun-20 22:00:01

My neighbour (no, not "that one"!) knocked today with a message from her husband for me.

He asked her to tell me "Thanks MissAdventure, for trying". Obviously he used my real name, which is not a common one.

Now, the thing is, her husband died almost 18 months ago, and the message came from a medium. (I tried to resuscitate him)

Because the reading was done online, she is going to be sent a link, because it was all recorded.

I'm sceptical, but we shall see; I was very taken aback, mostly about my name.

Any thoughts?

Purplepixie Sat 06-Jun-20 11:53:01

I’m not sure if I believe or not but you have me intrigued now, so please let us know what happens.

When my mam was dying I sat with her during her last few days and I asked her to come back with the winning lotto numbers - no luck so far!!!!!

If I am really down then I do ask the angels for help - not sure if it was the angels or just luck that things turned out ok.

jacq10 Sat 06-Jun-20 12:06:21

I'm certainly not a believer but went with a friend who pursuaded me to join her. During the "session" she told me my Mum & Dad had passed away at a fairly young age (true). She also told me they had been divorced (untrue). When I let her know this was not true she said she could see someone who was coming through between them. I knew this was true as a few years before they passed away my father's sister died. She had never married so they bought a burial plot. Three years later my Mum died and was buried there and six years later my Dad joined them so the three of them were together! She also said there was something lying in a drawer which should be worn and this I took as my Dad's gold watch which I had passed on to my teenage son who thought it was too fancy for him to be wearing. I think there are people who have a gift for this kind of thing but had put all this to the back of my mind until I read this thread.

harrigran Sat 06-Jun-20 13:03:52

If the dead cpuld out information there would be no need for Ancestry websites, we could just pop along to a medium and ask great graddad about his relations and what life was like.

harrigran Sat 06-Jun-20 13:04:37

Could give out information.