Gransnet forums

Chat

starting to feel all over the place.

(63 Posts)
travelsafar Sun 07-Jun-20 13:29:10

This morning i didnt get up till just after 10.30am!!!! Unheard off for me as i am usually up around 7-7.30. I just couldnt be bothered to rouse myself. I had woken earlier and lie reading untill i felt sleepy again. I only woke then as other half shook me, to see if i was alive i guess!!! lol. I washed and ressed drank a cup of luke warm tea he had made me then went straight out over the fields for a wlak and to blow away the cobwebs. Came back and did a couple of jobs in the garden then it rained. I haven't eaten, dont feel hungry, and dont know what to do now, everything in the house is done, i have no sewing to do its all done, apart from prepping our evening meal i feel lost. anyone else had a day like this or is this the slippery slope for me !!!!!

ladymuck Sun 07-Jun-20 13:33:54

We all get good days and bad days. Right now, because of lockdown every day feels the same. There isn't even church bells at the moment to remind us that it's Sunday. Tomorrow you might wake early, full of energy and eager to get on with your day. Relax and enjoy what's left of today.

Smileless2012 Sun 07-Jun-20 13:40:30

No don't worry travelsafar today isn't the start of a slippery slope for yousmile. I've had the odd day like that too.

Yesterday just seem to drag and I was sooo bored that Mr. S. and I just went for a drive in the country side listening to music.

The only thing I have to do for the rest of the day like you, is prepare our evening meal and it hasn't stopped raining here today, which doesn't help does it.

Don't worry, you're just having a 'bad' day; it will passflowers.

Katyj Sun 07-Jun-20 15:25:36

No your fine it’s just one of those days. It’s the weather here that’s making me lethargic I’m embarrassed to say I’ve only moved off the sofa to make lunch and to the loo, DH just gone for a walk but I can’t be bothered .
I was so excited to see the grandchildren last week in the sun, but now of course it’s too cold and wet to sit in the garden, so goodnesss knows when we’ll see them again. Your certainly not on your own.

Nannylovesshopping Sun 07-Jun-20 17:01:33

I don’t know this miserable old bag who is typing this, a week ago, I was gardening like a spring chicken, mowing apology of a grass area, cutting down a tree, sorting out seedling, potting on my rapidly growing daturas, sitting in glorious sunshine with a large gin, good book and the spaniel snoring gently.
It’s the weather for me every time, have a changed personality when the sun shines, have done sod all this week, apart from grumble, no energy, lethargic and downright lazy and eating for England☹️

Kate54 Sun 07-Jun-20 17:51:24

A duvet day is perfectly OK in these weird times. Last week, I was up a step ladder washing guttering and down pipes; today, sat on sofa watching Catch up TV and at this moment still watching Guys and Dolls. Weekends are the worst, I think. Don’t beat yourself up!

EllanVannin Sun 07-Jun-20 18:55:13

It's quite normal to have one or two down days and I hate weekends at the best of times, even though they haven't been as noticeable these last few months with every day rolling into each other.

I've been lagging behind as I'm always up and washed or showered by 10am at the latest, now it's getting later and later and I'm even breakfasting before I'm dressed now. It's always been my routine in case of callers but now that I know there won't be any callers, I don't bother. Everything's gone to pot.

I'm cheering myself up by watching Mrs Bucket on Drama channel although I've seen it umpteen times it still brings a smile. The golfing Major grin Now daddy's missing in another episode. There has to be an outlet in all this.

BlueSky Sun 07-Jun-20 19:15:30

Just like Nannylovesshopping it's the weather with me. Last few weeks I was quite upbeat, positive, doing all sorts. As soon as the weather changed I became depressed once again, feeling like crying at the drop of an hat, which I don't normally do. Let's hope we'll have some sunny warm weather again to help with the lockdown blues!

mobee46 Sun 07-Jun-20 19:38:57

So pleased to know it's not just me feeling down sometimes ! I'm the best at keeping busy but have to admit to having some very dark days when I could just sit and cry . I have a nice home , a garden , a husband and my health , so consider myself very lucky . I do worry about my family and their well being though . Particularly one grandson who isn't coping with the isolation at all. 16 ,an only child ,he spends a lot of time alone . We support him as much as we are allowed , phonecalls and messages but it breaks my heart to know he is so unhappy an anxious . With no education prospects until possibly September the next 3 months for me to worry about him just stretch endlessly in front of me .

Callistemon Sun 07-Jun-20 20:35:59

Tomorrow is another day

LadyBella Sun 07-Jun-20 20:46:53

mobee46, I feel the same as you do. I also have a nice home, DH and I are reasonably healthy. My family seem ok really but I'm not sure I am. Seems as if all the plans we made are on hold or we'll never carry them out - although I'm sure I'm being unduly pessimistic. So easy to feel low at the moment. I could cry at the drop of a hat and often do.

etheltbags1 Sun 07-Jun-20 20:46:54

I'm the same, I rarely get dressed before 1pm. There's no point. I'm concerned that I'm piling weight on and not getting excersise. I did walk for 6000 steps one day last week but was so tired I had to rest for 2 days, excersise diets make me feel better, sitting onvthe sofa drinking coffee does

seacliff Sun 07-Jun-20 20:47:54

I'm feeling more fed up over the last couple of weeks. Partly I think it's because suddenly friends locally are now all seeing their families, (following the rules) because they live quite close. I'm very pleased for them of course, but although it's not a nice thing, I admit to feeling a tad envious about all their lovely get togethers.

Our family are a good 3 hours drive away, so normally I would stay over for a few days. It is too much for me to drive there and back in a day so it will be a good while before I see them. Particularly my son who is a paramedic in London. I would so love to see him but it may be a long time yet. I long to give him a hug.

We are quite remote here and OH isn't bothered at all by not seeing people. I am though. I must make more effort to get out, even if on my own.

NanKate Sun 07-Jun-20 20:50:54

Buy a Kindle, load it with books and have a Literary Fest with a cuppa at your side and a glass of chilled white in the evening. Plus a gentle 20 minute walk once or twice a day. Bliss.

annsixty Sun 07-Jun-20 21:08:52

I am feeling that this situation is never ending.
I am nearly 83, Lucky to have my GD living with me ,but feel I may never see my D and other GC again.
They live 250 miles away and we are strictly abiding by rules.
Two sets of neighbours have had all the family here for the umpteenth weekend on the trot.
They are not outside so obviously not social distancing.
That is up to them but not playing by the rules.

I get up late and go to bed early, life is passing me by.

I have never felt so out of control before.
I am not making decisions, they are being dictated to me and I hate it.

Taichinan Sun 07-Jun-20 21:49:37

Oh how I empathise! I think what we're all going through is something akin to the grief process. Some days life seems bright and we feel reasonably content with this new life we didn't ask for ( and yes, in my case the weather has a definite bearing on my mood). On other days, like today, I just can't get myself moving at all. I feel what's the point? Why bother? Today didn't really start until this evening! But all that is OK. It's OK to feel down and sad or angry and fed up. Just accept that that's how you feel today and know that tomorrow will be better. And it usually is. 💐🦋

Callistemon Sun 07-Jun-20 22:28:50

There isn't much gentle walking around here, it's puffing up and down hill!

Tapdance6 Sun 07-Jun-20 22:48:14

Today I have had many visitors (mainly family and one friend. We all sit either in the back garden or front garden and are socially distancing. Coffee and tea all round. My friend lives on her own so if it's not raining she will pop over and have a coffee or tea. A little chat. My daughter is doing all our shopping and calls every day after she finishes work. We are so grateful as we haven't been anywhere ( only front and back garden for the last eleven weeks ) . Get the fold up chairs out and social distance if you have a garden it helps a lot during lockdown.

travelsafar Mon 08-Jun-20 09:14:22

Feeling much better today. Sunshine peeking through, washing machine nearly at the end of the first load, breakfast done, getting in the shower in a mo as going to meet a friend for a walk around our local common. We will take a drink so we can sit on a seat observing SD rules and feel like we are doing something normal. I have also made arrangemens to see two other friends on Friday, so something to look forward to. We will meet in a garden and have a good old catch up. Hope everyone else has a good day today. Thank you to those of you who put posts up yesterday, it realy helped to know i am not alone in feeling out of sorts. smile

Kate54 Mon 08-Jun-20 09:50:33

There you go! Hoping annsixty is also feeling better today.

Rosina Mon 08-Jun-20 10:27:41

travelsafar I had a similar day yesterday - I could not motivate myself to do anything, felt sad, wandered about the house doing a few minor jobs but couldn't settle to doing anything constructive and, like you, the only item on the horizon was the evening meal. I never liked Sundays as a child - nothing to do, everything shut - but this morning the sun is out and I feel completely different. I hope it has passed for you too - life is picking up now and maybe it will get easier by the week.

Coconut Mon 08-Jun-20 10:28:01

I have the odd flat day, then I make sure I go for a long brisk walk. Listening to my favourite music always lifts me. I soon get fed up with myself if I start sinking but am blessed with a lovely family and lots of friends that keep me strong.

Chardy Mon 08-Jun-20 10:40:35

Can you spend some time preparing for days like this? Buy a book you fancy and get it sent to you? I'm a big Audible fan personally and I promise that's wonderful for lethargic days. Is there a craft you've ever fancied - for me rag rugging - look online for a kit. Binge watch a box set (but you need to have the box set to hand!). You sew - is there a long term project for rainy days and evenings?
Anything really that means at the end of the day you can say 'Today I...'

MagicWand Mon 08-Jun-20 10:45:19

Travelsafar, I'm glad you're feeling so much better today. We all have down days and it's just a case of being kind to ourselves and getting through them.

I was just wondering, if you enjoy sewing and all your projects are completed, there are groups of people all over the country making scrubs, laundry bags and face masks for local hospitals, care homes, GP surgeries, etc. and anyone with good sewing skills would be very welcome to join them. Look on on the internet at 'For the love of Scrubs' and put in your nearest hospital town at the end, to see what is happening near you.

inishowen Mon 08-Jun-20 10:48:31

I find it hard when my husband says "what's to do today"? As if I can magically come up with an activity. All our odd jobs are done. I would happily knit and watch TV all day. He wants us to do productive things! It's so hard being cooped up!