Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(58 Posts)
Ginny42 Thu 11-Jun-20 06:54:38

*designed to be done at home

Sar53 Thu 11-Jun-20 06:54:27

Good morning everyone from a dull, cold Essex by the sea.
I've been awake since before 5, decided to get up and finish my book.
No plans today, just like every other day really. We've started to look for a new car as DH is retiring soon and has to return his company car. We are talking about selling mine and just having one, not sure how that will work, but I don't use mine that much anymore.
Have a pleasant day everyone and stay safe xx

Ginny42 Thu 11-Jun-20 06:50:53

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's a grey morning in Cheshire and it's clearly rained in the night but dry now. The forecast isn't good for a few of days, but next week it's to be sunny and warm again.

I've kept busy over the last couple of days, but feeling a bit under the weather with waves of nausea and a friend said she'd heard of others complaining of the same. Goodness knows what that was, but it's gone.

I'm doing a short OU science course atm and learning a lot. Keeps the brain ticking over anyway. All experiments are deigned to be done at home with most things you probably have in the kitchen, but extracting the DNA from a kiwi will have to wait a bit!

Off walking at 9.00. That sets me up for the day. I almost didn't go yesterday feeling sorry for myself, but I felt so much better for making the effort. And hurray! The PM says I can now go and visit friends who live alone too.

Take good care everyone, especially if you're feeling unwell or having a wobble. flowers

Puzzler61 Thu 11-Jun-20 06:42:52

Good morning Mick and All. Each day seems to be a bit more dismal weather -wise than the one before. I hope it turns back to sunny soon as it helps us all to keep our chins up.

Many shops to open soon Mick - you’ll soon be doing a full morning’s shopping trip, albeit carefully. Stay alert.

Yesterday my car didn’t want to start, it made a woeful noise when I turned the key. Problem is I’ve not taken it anyway further than a mile away from home lately and so now the battery is charged up again - by the kind man from Green Flag Homestart - I must take it for a longer drive every couple of days.
Wishing Marydoll, BlueSapphire, harrigran and grandmafrench a good day with less to trouble them than of late.
Look after yourselves grans and Mick ?

Scentia Thu 11-Jun-20 06:40:59

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. Another grey day outside of my window this morning.
I went to the Range yesterday to look for a medicine cabinet, but felt very stressed as I felt I couldn’t just meander round and see what they had that would suffice. I don’t think shopping will be the same when the shops open on Monday. It is not possible to walk into TK Maxx actually knowing what you want! I suppose it will stop me and DD coming out of there saying I can’t believe that was nearly £200? Mmm.. will it ever be the same again?
Back in at the factory today then off to see DD later unless it is raining, as a cuppa in the garden is far from pleasant in the rain!!

Take care everyone and if you live alone in England and are not shielding, good news, as long as you actually have a bubble to join?

mumofmadboys Thu 11-Jun-20 06:40:27

Good morning all. Has rained overnight but dry now in Cumbria. Just off on my daily bike ride. We are meeting friends later in the Eden Valley for a socially distanced walk and picnic. We haven't seen these friends since February so we are looking forward to a catch up. Have a good day everyone and thinking of those who are poorly or have worries.

grandMattie Thu 11-Jun-20 06:30:09

Good morning from a dry grey E Kent.
Had a wonderful day yesterday. DD2 and his 16yo boy came to lunch. Normally taciturn and having eyes only for his 'phone, DGS was charm itself, chatty, informative and a joy to entertain. The only thing he didn’t do was eat us out of house and home. It was a real boost in these socially starved days.
The painters are now into the dining/kitchen area for the next next 7 working days. That means my study as well. All my entertainment is out of bounds for that time. No sewing, using pc, cooking, baking... I shall be very crabby by the end.
I hope you have sorted something out for your friend grandmafrench. marydoll, I trust your pain is tolerable, same for all sufferers, whether it is physical or mental.
All will be well - soon.
Stay well, stay safe.

12Michael Thu 11-Jun-20 06:14:12

Good Morning Everyone ,
Its grey but dry here in Brackley this morning.
Hoping to get some laundry done today.
Will be a quiet day for otherwise .
Its surprising how quiet the mornings are , I did notice yesterday the only bank in the town has extended its opening hours Monday to Friday, especially u with local businesses getting back .
Take Care ,
Mick