Gransnet forums

Chat

What are you wearing right now?

(260 Posts)
DanniRae Thu 11-Jun-20 11:48:21

Just been reading a thread about "Does Appearance Matter?" and wondered what Gransnetters are wearing in lock-down? (This is meant as a lighthearted thread........hopefully it stays that way!!)

henetha Thu 11-Jun-20 12:50:20

Red striped cotton trousers, slate grey stretchy long sleeved top, and because it's quite cold, a long length cherry red cardigan. pink striped socks and pink flamingo slippers.
Red pendant necklace and red dangly earrings.
It's all quite colourful.

Welshwife Thu 11-Jun-20 12:50:47

Black newish lounge trousers -M+S. White Company striped long T shirt with pockets! And an old red Cotten zip up cardi thing from US. Grey Pringle socks with dragonflies and my sheepskins slippers. Wedding ring and silver stud earrings.
We have the heating on very low too. It is dreary and cold here today.

heath480 Thu 11-Jun-20 12:54:17

Nightdress and dressing gown.

Shower in a bit,jewellery on and perfume to walk the dog.

Will wear Capri trousers and long top,clean clothes for me everyday.

Weather is not motivating me to move today

Witzend Thu 11-Jun-20 13:02:13

Creamy/natural linen trousers, a similar coloured Weird Fish cotton jumper, with my old Joules navy padded gilet on top, since it’s a mite chilly.

Should add that until at least 10.30 this morning, when I decided to nip to Asda, I was still in pyjamas and lovely cosy dressing gown. Fairly normal during lockdown - I have been known to be still thus dressed until gone 11 or even 12.
(Where’s the lazy baggage emoji??)

gillybob Thu 11-Jun-20 13:05:38

Its all so weird. I would normally wear black trousers and a white shirt Monday-Friday on the days when I'm at work but have been living in leggings and tunics for the last few months. I am wearing them to work too as there is no one else there to see me anyway .

Nanna58 Thu 11-Jun-20 13:09:03

Five times the amount of clothing I was wearing in the warm weather last week! Actually look better in today’s long sleeved Breton top, jeans and navy Skeetchers, as, due to no hospital appts for psoriasis my arms and legs ain’t pretty!!

bridie54 Thu 11-Jun-20 13:25:00

I’m in old but comfy and cosy faded black denim jeans, knee length fine knit socks as it’s windy and a bit cold, plus a lightweight black fleece top , finally grey trainers as I just had a good walk to the local shop to get some groceries for my daughter. And always earrings- never a day I don’t wear some. My ex used to say I’d put earrings on even if I was escaping a fire. Today’s are like iridescent pink umbrellas, and Miracle perfume as it just cheers up these weird days.

Davida1968 Thu 11-Jun-20 13:25:28

M & S dark-blue straight-leg jeans. Sainsbury's ("Tu" range) black cami. Seasalt (leaf-design) blue tunic top. Matching earrings. Warm socks and slippers!

anna7 Thu 11-Jun-20 13:25:45

Snap Nanna58. I am wearing exactly the same as you.

tanith Thu 11-Jun-20 13:31:40

Grey tracky bottoms, blue T-shirt, comfy Skechers and foot socks, I’ve had 2 walks today so stay in my walking togs unless I’m getting visitors (not very likely).

emmasnan Thu 11-Jun-20 13:32:20

Black jeans, black and grey socks with butterflies on and a light blue shirt with a random floral pattern.

WOODMOUSE49 Thu 11-Jun-20 13:36:57

Back from walking the dog in our woods. Wellies / thick long socks / jogging bottoms / old sweater with T shirt underneath. I've been working in these clothes outside for the past 6 days. Been wearing them inside too.

MiniMoon Thu 11-Jun-20 13:42:48

Grey trousers, burgundy and grey marl hoodie, mouse slippers.
It is cool and windy in this corner of Northumberland, so I got out a winter jumper that I had put away for the summer.

Maggiemaybe Thu 11-Jun-20 13:45:21

Black leggings, a very cosy long cream Aran jumper and thick socks. My MiFit and the reading glasses instead of the contact lenses I always wore before lockdown. I’ll put them in and add earrings and makeup for the family Thursday quiz this evening.

I haven’t even worn my usual rings since lockdown started. With so much handwashing, water was getting underneath them and my finger was constantly red and sore.

Shrub Thu 11-Jun-20 13:52:28

Base layer leggings with normal leggings on top! Camisole vest, long sleeved t shirt, long cardigan. Socks and wool slippers. I feel the cold in an old house.

Callistemon Thu 11-Jun-20 13:52:54

Dark blue jeans, dark blue and cream top.
The top's a bit bobbly and I wouldn't go out in it but I like it and I'm not going out.

Hair's better, feet are a shambles.

BladeAnnie Thu 11-Jun-20 13:59:50

Navy lounge pants and a vibrant flowery top and spotty socks. My feet are always cold!! And until a few minutes ago I had beautiful big ginger cat adorning my lap!!

grannysyb Thu 11-Jun-20 14:04:08

M and S jeans , tights , vest and cashmere jumper which I got out from the winter clothes that were put away! Cool and raining this morning, sun's out now!

cornergran Thu 11-Jun-20 14:05:52

Navy and white three quarter sleeved top, white jeans, navy shoes, red and blue jewellery. I feel better if I look ‘tidy’.

Susan56 Thu 11-Jun-20 14:15:54

Striped with floral top and navy trousers both from joules.M and S slippers.Wedding ring and Anais Anais perfume.

Callistemon Thu 11-Jun-20 14:16:07

I may have to go and look for my navy cardigan.

There is one somewhere downstairs but it doesn't match and I do want to look co-ordinated in case the post woman or the Tesco delivery person arrive.

JuliaM Thu 11-Jun-20 14:20:19

Comfy pure cotton oversized baggy T-shirt, its a nice long length, pefect for. lounging around in with a Lavender coloured Boyfriend style cardigan and Bare feet. I have been having quite a busy stressful day sorting out my Dads funeral with the undertaker, with everything being done online and in phone calls, writing out his obituary, not an easy task has he changed his name when he remarried 25years ago, and many people who knew him, and a fair bit of his paperwork remain in his Birth name, so its quite a nightmare sorting it all out.

shysal Thu 11-Jun-20 15:07:21

My usual attire of jeans and Breton top. I have several of both. I have done some gardening and cleaned the oven today, but would have worn the same if chilling only.

AGAA4 Thu 11-Jun-20 15:11:08

Jeans. Thermal tee shirt and jumper. Cold in my flat today.

TwiceAsNice Thu 11-Jun-20 17:01:58

Navy cotton ankle grazer trousers, a turquoise T shirt, gold havianas, turquoise dropper earings and a fine short dark red necklace that looks like tiny beads. Do like some jewellery every day. Feel naked without earings. Would usually top with cotton jumper if cool but it’s quite warm here today.