Gransnet forums

Chat

Pubs opening June 4th

(62 Posts)
Nanderin Sat 20-Jun-20 07:54:36

Hi so apparently pubs are opening, like we need that.angry

Nanderin Sat 20-Jun-20 11:24:23

Teachers never stop . I wouldn't be a teacher.

Lucca Sat 20-Jun-20 13:50:28

Sussexborn

The teachers union are determined to thwart the govt and one of them made it clear what she really felt about those entrusted to her. Presumably she felt fine saying this in a group of others so at least some of them feel the same way.

Teachers are definitely not all saints though many seem to think they are.

If you mean someone on TV ? When ?

WOODMOUSE49 Sat 20-Jun-20 16:49:54

JenniferEccles. Teachers have effectively already had weeks off haven’t they?

??????????????

WOODMOUSE49 Sat 20-Jun-20 16:57:59

Plenty of us have made comments about schools on another thread AIBU No going back to school I’m furious.

Jennifer Eccles

Urmstongran Sat 20-Jun-20 17:04:28

We are out in Spain for the foreseeable. Eating out again is a real pleasure. It’s lovely to sit down and choose a meal that we’ve not shopped for, prepped, cooked and washed up after!

And my favourite Carvery opened for the first time yesterday. We will probably go next weekend. What’s wrong with sharing serving spoons and digging around in a trough of cauliflower cheese? Surely the biggest anxiety would be to handle a shared serving spoon and then put your hand to your face?

When we go, I intend to dish up my delicious dinner, put my plate onto the table, then squirt a few drops of hand-san into my hands before picking up my very own knife and fork to eat my meal.

Sorry, I can’t see the problem!
?

Ellianne Sat 20-Jun-20 17:21:15

These look good for having a drink and dining in your own space at the pub.

sodapop Sat 20-Jun-20 17:36:20

Yes we have already eaten out here in France Urmstongran suitably distanced from others etc.
I really dislike carveries/buffets so will not be going to any of them.

Ellianne Sat 20-Jun-20 17:44:17

Sodapop ah oui, the French find les Rosbifs rather odd! grin

GrannyGravy13 Sat 20-Jun-20 17:48:48

There are several pubs open for takeaway beers, wine and alcohol in Borough Market, London today and they are doing a roaring trade.

If BLM can protest wherever and whenever they want I really cannot see the problem with pubs and restaurants opening.

12Michael Sat 20-Jun-20 18:16:14

Its not only pubs its cafes and restaurants as well, allot will happen when we get changes to the distancing rules ,although R3 Amber it could still go either way .
Gather the USA has seen a sudden increase in COVD-19 deaths .
We will see.
Mick

Urmstongran Sat 20-Jun-20 19:15:06

I love a good carvery. Roast meats, roasties, Yorkshire pudding, gravy and plenty of veggies to choose from. Good job we’re all different - means we all eat at different places!