Gransnet forums

Chat

have you bought any new clothes during lockdown?

(99 Posts)
travelsafar Sat 20-Jun-20 14:29:20

I ask as most of us until recently had no where special to go and it seems pretty pointless spending money on new clothes we cant wear outside of the home and garden. I bought two tops online and after they had arrived i thought why? they are hanging in the wardrobe with tags still attached. I have made a pact with myself not to buy anything else this summer and have just unpacked the suitcase with tops for summer and will use those after washing to freshen up.

lemongrove Fri 29-Oct-21 18:36:59

Recently bought some navy ankle boots ( Hotter) and an orange jumper from M&S...just because I like orange rather than needed it.blush

Redhead56 Fri 29-Oct-21 15:33:26

I ordered four lovely summer dresses from Apricot and jeggings in two colours. Just ordered a long green coat from Joe Brown if I like it my DH will buy it for my Christmas present. I also bought more teddy bedding I hate the cold.

DaisyDd Fri 29-Oct-21 15:19:43

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Madmaggie Fri 26-Jun-20 18:34:34

Two longline cardigans in a sale plus free delivery, something I will wear and wear. I like them instead of a coat depending where Im going. Plus knickers, another sale bargain and all of a sudden mine started to look very worn & shabby. possibly a throwback from childhood when neat knickers were deemed essential - in case you got knocked down by a bus!! I can hear my mum saying it now (blush)

Alishka Wed 24-Jun-20 14:40:30

@melpl so never,ever buy from M&S thenconfused
Google's your friend here if you don't know where they have their clothes made.

Alishka Wed 24-Jun-20 14:27:29

Sorry, I was wrongconfused My trainers are all Sketchers, not Hotters. BUT a friend wears Hotters and they look greatgrin

Alishka Wed 24-Jun-20 14:13:34

MawB I love that you "seem to have acquired" themgrin
I love my Hotters - all of them! I used bring them back from the US when I visited. Always sized and finished well,too.

Alishka Wed 24-Jun-20 13:58:05

I've bought a 100% floor length King of Cotton bathrobe. It's pink and sooo luxurious. I'm well-pleasedsmile

Puzzler61 Wed 24-Jun-20 13:43:37

Your splendid collection of Hotter’s will rival my cupboard full of Rieker’s MawB ?

MawB Wed 24-Jun-20 13:36:09

MawB

I was being VERY good (well, by my standards) and then Hotter announced their £39 sale and now I seem to acquired have three of the most comfortable pairs of trainers ever hmmhmm

How do you plead Mrs Marcos?
Guilty as charged, m’lud blush

MawB Wed 24-Jun-20 13:29:22

I was being VERY good (well, by my standards) and then Hotter announced their £39 sale and now I seem to acquired have three of the most comfortable pairs of trainers ever hmmhmm

MawB Wed 24-Jun-20 11:32:11

Puzzler61

I am pleased with these Rieker sandals, I wore them with cropped trousers and I thought they look nice for going out.

Those are VERY nice!
Good choice envy smile - to show I don’t really mean it!

NannyG123 Wed 24-Jun-20 09:08:32

Slippers.

melp1 Tue 23-Jun-20 11:08:22

Still working 2 days, tried to order linen casual trousers on line from George at Asda as I know they will fit - out of stock - surprised therefore when I went in Asda to find loads in my size available. Brought them and they fit perfectly. Need some trainers, done so much walking with the dog but I've been waiting for shops to open and once the initial rush is over will buy a new pair, can't buy on line need to try them. Sorted through loads of summer clothes (both mine and hubbys) and seem to have plenty so not looking for anything new, huge bag for charity shop (when it opens). Will not be buying anything thats made in China.

Puzzler61 Tue 23-Jun-20 09:31:44

I am pleased with these Rieker sandals, I wore them with cropped trousers and I thought they look nice for going out.

Marmight Tue 23-Jun-20 07:58:00

I bought a jumper on line from Woolovers at the beginning of lockdown. I’d been looking for a baggy V neck jumper for ages and there it was, in the sale, begging me to buy it. Its a lovely jade green and baggy enough to cover my ample derriere. No more buys for me, I have far too much and have been alternating, depending on the temperature , with the same two outfits for weeks.

Esspee Tue 23-Jun-20 07:07:39

I haven't yet but may have to soon as the warmer weather this year appears to have shrunk my clothes. confused

Finsty Tue 23-Jun-20 05:00:16

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

jocork Mon 22-Jun-20 20:38:33

I recently purchased 2 bras from M&S online which I received via click and collect at my local Simply Food branch. Under normal circumstances I would go to the shop and try on but as we can't do that at present I chose ones identical to some I had that are getting somewhat tatty! Since collecting them I've had numerous texts reminding me to collect them so yesterday went there again and told them to make sure they recorded that I already had collected. Other than that system worked fine.

I'm hoping that by the end of the year I'll have saved a fortune. I don't spend much on clothes anyway as I have lots of perfectly wearable stuff that's years old. With not going out to work I'm wearing comfortable old tops and jeans a lot of the time and I'm not browsing in the shops - only go with specific purchases in mind - so no temptation!

Grandyma Mon 22-Jun-20 14:52:59

I’m currently shielding and haven’t been outside the front door since 13th March. I went to my wardrobe a couple of weeks ago and decided I hated everything in it. I spent a lovely few days shopping online for new clothes in the sales and thoroughly enjoyed waiting for everything to arrive & trying on Some lovely dresses, tops & skirts!! Kept most of it courier collected the rest. It was the best £150 I’ve spent for ages and it’s given me such a boost. I also have a big bag of things Waiting to go to the charity shop after lockdown smile

lizzypopbottle Mon 22-Jun-20 09:50:46

Ramblingrose22 why not cut your losses and sell the trainers? You could try the full price as they are unworn, or discount them by the amount it would cost to return them. Ebay, Gumtree or even a card in the newsagents...

Daftbag1 Mon 22-Jun-20 08:56:04

Not clothes but several pairs of sandals!

MiniMoon Mon 22-Jun-20 00:13:53

I've bought two shampoo bars, a pack of five vest tops for me, and a bright red body sock for my DGS 2's 10 th birthday which was on Friday.

Kim19 Sun 21-Jun-20 23:11:07

Not a thing and my cc hasn't half noticed.

justwokeup Sun 21-Jun-20 23:06:37

No nothing, waiting to go into the shops again. Might be quite a while. Actually, most of my additional clothes last year came from the charity shop. Not much spare money in retirement and I'm saving it to treat DC and DGC (which will include me of course).