Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(57 Posts)
12Michael Mon 22-Jun-20 06:13:56

Good Morning Everyone ,
Yet another clear blue sky and dry here in Brackley , it had started to get light about 5 this morning.
Anyway , I did a PM to Bluesapphire yesterday ,and had a reply , she is frightened as to the current situation we are in ,
But otherwise OK .
One thing I told her as to the government ,as to use of public transport , that I have been using buses to get about as its my only means , and the government are trying to discourage the older generation from using a service ,which is also a lifeline .
Today , a quiet day in some housework and TV , electric usage as also gone up slightly as well.
Take care ,
Mick

Gingster Mon 22-Jun-20 08:35:20

P.S. a lovely moment yesterday whilst out for our walk. Stuck on a tree branch was a Father Christmas with a message saying ‘Better things to come’ . Stay Happy ! ♥️

Nannytopsy Mon 22-Jun-20 08:47:39

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Sunny in Suffolk and according to the BBC it will stay this way for quite a while.
I had a rude awakening with cramp and in my rush to get up to clear it I slid off the bed. So elegant!
The front door was a failure so today I need to go and buy more undercoat and paint ( oil based this time) and rub everything down again. ?
DS and DGC came yesterday to see DH for Father’s Day and we played hide and seek and I Spy in the garden for an hour. It was such a treat.
Best wishes to BlueSapphire and anyone else with worries.

Newquay Mon 22-Jun-20 08:53:05

Morning all from a sunny Staffs. DH off to B&Q soon for a few things. Then round to local DD1; DH is going to paint their garage door. I’ll go too in the hope I can get DGD to come back to ours on her bike. (They’re in our bubble). She’s 10 and beginning to get a bit “down”-not like her at all. She likes to play Canasta so we’ll play on table next to open patio door.
Galisajam-I have same problem with DH. He leaves admin to me. He paid our newsagent online recently-v pleased with himself! So important we can do each other’s chores isn’t it so come the day we can manage better.

Anniebach Mon 22-Jun-20 08:54:32

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

GrandmasueUK Mon 22-Jun-20 08:57:06

Just wishing Marydoll well for today and hoping she returns safe and well to the fold. I'll miss her funny and uplifting posts until she returns. flowers

Greyduster Mon 22-Jun-20 08:57:21

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun has got his hat on in South Yorkshire and its going to be hot, so there will not be a lot done today except that I have some herb seedling to pot up. DD and her menfolk called by with a FD card - just as DH’s football team had started playing on TV. He was very good and gave up watching to join them; they were very good and didn’t stay long (we had spent the previous evening with them)! Corner, comforting that you will get to say a last farewell to your good friend. Hope it goes well.
Whatever you have planned for the day, stay safe one and all.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 22-Jun-20 08:59:03

Good morning Mick and all x

Mick I know you love your cycling, on ITV4 at 7pm starting this evening they are showing reruns of Tour de France .

Beautiful blue sky here in S E Essex, I will be in the garden with my kindle most of the day I think.

BlueSaphire sending you a virtual hug, I think these strange times we are living through have taken its toll on us all.

Marydoll fingers crossed for today, none of your antics please.

Keep safe and well folks ?

Pantglas2 Mon 22-Jun-20 09:02:08

Hi Gingster - glad you liked Llandudno, in spite of the weather! Ironically, we’ve had the best Spring weather in decades and it’s been rather sad to see a normally bustling seaside town looking like the Marie Celeste!

If you sang in an English choir at an eisteddfod, it would have been the International one at Llangollen each July and like so many things, cancelled this year.

gillybob Mon 22-Jun-20 09:04:24

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a pleasant start to the day. No sunshine that I can see but at least it’s bright for a change .

I had little Evie for few hours yesterday and we had a walk to the park . She’s only just gone 2 but has reached that stage where she will not go in her buggy . We had ice cream cornets and Evie ended up wearing as much as she ate . She looked so adorable with her little ice cream face smile

Thinking of Marydoll and her treatment today . I hope everything goes well for her . Thinking of our friend BlueSapphire too. Being anxious and frightened is truly awful and I wish things could get better for her soon.

I’m off to “that place” in a little while . A few calls to make and quotes to chase up . We are getting desperate for some proper work now, but we have to wait until confidence filters down the tiered supply chain.

Have as good a Monday as possible everyone.
Love Gillybob xx

12Michael Mon 22-Jun-20 09:04:33

The Tour De France on ITV 4 starts next Saturday evening GrannieGravy13 , you are ahead of yourself .
Mick

GrannyGravy13 Mon 22-Jun-20 09:16:09

12Michael , pleased that you know the correct start day, I hope you enjoy it ?

Mapleleaf Mon 22-Jun-20 09:42:03

Good morning all,

Greyduster has our weather spot on.

Today I have got some plants to pot on, so will be out shortly to do that job.

Hope all goes well for Marydoll today.

? BlueSapphire. Looking forward to the day when you feel able to post again, but do hope that reading this thread is giving you some comfort. Take care.

Stay safe everyone.

BladeAnnie Mon 22-Jun-20 09:45:40

Good morning all from a bright and sunny mid-Notts. DD2 who who came for a garden visit on Saturday brought some curtains for me to shorten so must get the sewing machine out today. Also have some apples looking past their best so going to make a crumble for tonight. Hugs for Marydoll and everyone else unwell or having difficulties atm. Stay safe everyone and may Monday be kind to us all x

harrigran Mon 22-Jun-20 09:56:54

Good morning from the NE where it is starting to brighten.
Dreadful night of extreme pain and vomiting so I am feeling pretty fragile now.
Had long talk with DD on Skype while SIL watched football, she will be returning to Germany on Thursday for the funeral on 26th. She was telling me about the music they had chosen, I thought the pieces were beautiful but not sure all of the German speakers will understand Waters of Tyne.
Thinking of Marydoll this morning.

Grammaretto Mon 22-Jun-20 09:59:50

Good morning all from a rather chilly but dray Monday in the Scottish Borders. I keep wearing Summer clothes so that may be the mistake.
I had my exercise already today chasing the bucket lorry right down the street dragging my wheelie bin. They were early! no I wasn't late grin
I am thinking of Marydoll and BlueSapphire and anyone else needing support today.

Grammaretto Mon 22-Jun-20 10:02:11

harrigran ((gentle hugs))

Grandmafrench Mon 22-Jun-20 10:03:29

Good morning everyone.

?32 ? ? ?‍♀️
Washing out, coffee on.
Looking forward to FaceTiming 2 dear friends in Yorkshire
after distinctly underwhelming supermarket sweep today !
Enjoy your sun and enjoy Monday, folks.
Take care.
Hugs from ????

Grandmafrench Mon 22-Jun-20 10:05:47

harrigran. Please rest and feel better soon ?

MawB Mon 22-Jun-20 10:09:30

Good morning all - my second attempt having woken up at 3.45 and unable to get back to sleep for a couple of hours. Hattie is similarly “under the weather ” too on account of some plonker setting off fireworks around 11 last night which terrified her. I was furious as I hate to see a quivering, hyperventilating animal who does not understand. I couldn’t understand either - has Bonfire Night come early this year, or Chinese New Year late? ?
Anyway that is all behind us, it is beautifully sunny morning here in N Bucks but a bit of a breeze too.
Thinking of Marydoll and hoping that all goes well for her
Haste ye back!

Hymnbook Mon 22-Jun-20 10:44:19

Morning everyone from a sunny hot Sherwood. Cleaning my bedroom ? Hope everyone has a good day.

EllanVannin Mon 22-Jun-20 11:03:59

Good Morning All x
Cloudy skies and it looks like rain, doesn't feel that warm either----but this IS the North West !
Showered, breakfast finished, stale brown bread ( toasted ) with Marmite as no crumpets to be had, so didn't particularly enjoy it but it filled a hole.

I came to the conclusion that it could be the belt on my cleaner which had snapped, apparently and unfortunately Shark have troubles in this area. It's not easy to get at and I haven't got a replacement belt so it remains indisposed for the time being. It was expensive too !

Expecting a parcel sometime today so no nipping to the local shop because the minute my back's turned, it'll arrive.
I've still got the neighbour's washing here from bringing it in the other night---hope she's not expecting it to be ironed grin it's well folded so some of it won't need ironing.

Not expecting anything different in the day though there's lots I could be doing, sorting for instance, the CD cupboard, photograph cupboard, stuff in suitcases under the bed, the list goes on but the day's gone while I'm thinking about it grin and all that work in my head leaves me exhausted.

No chance of doing anything if we get the promised good weather here as I'll be making the most of it in the garden to top-up the vit.D, as well as getting all the washing done and out.

Half an M&S steak pie today with new pots and runner beans. I sound like Desperate Dan and his cow pie grin

Thoughts to Marydoll today with hope that all will be well. x
BlueSapphire these things don't last forever, though right now it'll feel like it but we're all thinking of you x

flowers for Harrigran, take it easy and hope you'll feel better as the day goes on x

Anyone else feeling under the weather, may things improve as time goes. xx Stay safe and well.

MawB Mon 22-Jun-20 11:14:54

Not expecting anything different in the day though there's lots I could be doing, sorting for instance, the CD cupboard, photograph cupboard, stuff in suitcases under the bed, the list goes on but the day's gone while I'm thinking about it and all that work in my head leaves me exhausted
I’m tired just reading that EV grin
There are definitely two distinct breeds - those who are learning another language, baking banana bread, clearing out their loft/garage/cupboard under the stairs and editing their second poetry anthology

.....and me blushblush

GrannyGravy13 Mon 22-Jun-20 11:18:54

Does banana bread with strawberries on the side for breakfast count as 2 of my 5 a day ? ???

CherryCezzy Mon 22-Jun-20 11:43:53

Good morning everyone from a full, cloudy Gower.

Just popping in to wish Marydoll all the best for a successful treatment today. Come back pain free ??

Thank you for the update on BlueSapphire, Mick. One day at a time BlueSapphire ?

Sorry to hear that you are feeling unwell harrigran. Rest and take it easy today, I hope you feel be as the day goes on ?

You have truly received terrible service treatment from that garage Susan. It's the very least they could do to provide you with a courtesy car. I hope they provided a decent one!

In the middle of sorting a cupboard I've been meaning to get round to since lockdown started blush so I really ought to get back to it or the whole heap of stuff will just end up stuffed back inside ?.

Stay safe and be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️

Gingster Mon 22-Jun-20 11:46:53

That’s right Pantglas Llangollen is was. I was about 12. 1962. The weather that week was glorious and we stayed in peoples houses. I remember looking out of the bedroom window at the beautiful scenery. I loved it. ?