Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(57 Posts)
12Michael Mon 22-Jun-20 06:13:56

Good Morning Everyone ,
Yet another clear blue sky and dry here in Brackley , it had started to get light about 5 this morning.
Anyway , I did a PM to Bluesapphire yesterday ,and had a reply , she is frightened as to the current situation we are in ,
But otherwise OK .
One thing I told her as to the government ,as to use of public transport , that I have been using buses to get about as its my only means , and the government are trying to discourage the older generation from using a service ,which is also a lifeline .
Today , a quiet day in some housework and TV , electric usage as also gone up slightly as well.
Take care ,
Mick

Georgesgran Mon 22-Jun-20 11:54:27

Good morning from Durham where it’s bright but a bit of a nip in the breeze - good job we’re hardy up here? My sympathy to Pittcity and the bl**dy birds - same here, every morning at 3.30 for an hour! Marydoll - I hope your appointment goes well today.

I will also be spending the afternoon at Hospital while DH has an assessment for yet more chemotherapy - his 4th course in as many years. Unfortunately coupled with 3 attacks of Sepsis, his brain has gone a little haywire, so there’s questions I need to ask, as he won’t remember to.

Proper treatment will start tomorrow and hopefully go through to April next year, but he’s very negative and says it won’t work.

Hope everyone stays safe and well to fight another day. X

CaroleAnne Mon 22-Jun-20 12:13:32

Good morning Mick and everyone from Sunny Warminster. A beautiful day weather wise. I have just made a sausage casserole which we will have with some tender stem broccoli.
We will venture out a little later to post a birthday card to a friend. Went shopping to a supermarket last week for the first time in approx 12 weeks. Felt very liberated.
I am glad that we have had news about Blue Sapphire from Mick(thankyou) and hope that she will gradually be able to feel more herself.flowers.

Kalu Mon 22-Jun-20 12:16:39

Good morning all from a grey wet dreich day in Glasgow.

A surprise visit from DD1 and the girls late afternoon yesterday for Father’s Day. We sat chatting for a while in the garden until it was too chilly to stay outdoors. DH was beaming for the rest of the day and still is. I don’t think he has even noticed the weather.

Thinking of you today Marydoll and hoping all goes well
Take care BlueSapphire.

Have a pleasant day all.

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 22-Jun-20 12:24:42

Good morning all, today its cloudy with a threat of sun. Just had 6 year old GS here he's been demonstrating his reading skills and counting skills. He has an aversion to the number seven, and jumps to eight every time (we know nothing). He has Down Syndrome so I am very proud of him. He certainly had different ways of doing things, but he is getting there.

Kalu Mon 22-Jun-20 12:27:06

Hoping all goes well for you and your DH with your hospital visit this afternoon Georgesgran. What a difficult time for you both?

Auntieflo Mon 22-Jun-20 12:34:26

Late again, but Good Morning / afternoon, Mick, Annie, and all.

We were late to bed last night, after watching a film, then we both read for a bit, so it was well into today, before we slept.

It is beautiful here and so one load of washing is out and the second lot is whirring away nicely.

All the best to Marydoll for today, and I hope she doesn't terrify the nursing staff, with all her knowledge. ?

Also, sending beat wishes to BlueSapphire. and hoping that she is getting stronger. It is so easy to think you are OK, but then events overtake you.
Harrigran, I seem to have missed that you have been poorly. I do still pop in here, most days, but Here's hoping that you are soon fit and well again.
I had a mammogram, last week, a year since my last check up, but I have been having pain and discomfort, since the start of lockdown, so think I will phone the breast cancer care nurse, and see if she has seem the results.

I did lots of shredding at the weekend, but still have another pile to do. Hope I get it done before the bin men come tomorrow.

Nice to hear Gillybob more upbeat recently. Especially as she has been able to see little Evie.

Have a good day, one and all.