Gransnet forums

Chat

Blistering hot here already!

(29 Posts)
Witzend Wed 24-Jun-20 10:58:20

32.1 deg outside the kitchen window ATM - outer SW London.

We are off to a dd later for a SD garden meet-up. They've recently acquired a mini above-ground pool, just big enough for little Gdcs to swim in.
When we went last week little Gdd very kindly told me that it didn’t matter if I hadn’t brought my swimming costume - I could go in naked ?.

Easy to say then, Thank you, darling, but it’s just a bit too cold for Granny - however I think I might well take my cozzie this time, sit in lovely cool water while someone brings me a nice long G&T!

Witzend Wed 24-Jun-20 22:08:22

Well, I did join Gdcs in their pool for 10 minutes - amazing how the water’s warmed up since last week. They were hardly out of it all afternoon - Gds (nearly 4) was busy perfecting his signature belly-flop off the top step.
No G&T was forthcoming but barman SiL didn’t need any prompting to top up the wine. ?

PinkCakes Wed 24-Jun-20 22:09:07

nanny2507 Attenborough. I hadn't been there for years.
We've got lots of lovely green spaces and I've been going to lots since the lockdown - Rufford park, Newstead Abbey , Wollaton park, Clumber park, Trent embankment, Rushcliffe park, Gedling country park, and then Markeaton park in Derby.

nanny2507 Tue 30-Jun-20 19:29:49

pinkcakes clumber is gorgeous due to a disability i like to take my dog to where it can be off lead and in clumber they have the woods where its also a bike route. they can be off the lead there. Shame about the parking cost though. I like sherwood forest too but alot of dogs get ticks there