Gransnet forums

Chat

Well done Amazon.

(39 Posts)
annsixty Thu 25-Jun-20 19:06:09

I make no apology for using Amazon, I can’t get out to shop and they are a lifeline.
This morning at 10:30 my GD told me I had bed head.
It has grown so much so I looked on Amazon and ordered some hair bands.
They were delivered at 6:30pm.
What service.
The fact that they look dreadful and don’t suit me is a drawback.

allule Sat 27-Jun-20 11:49:57

Perhaps Amazon should be charged a lockdown 'windfall tax', like the one paid by privatised utilities in 1997? ..had to look that up smile

annsixty Sat 27-Jun-20 12:16:40

So happy this morning because my GD has cut my hair, it looks and feels so much better.
I still have the hair bands for real emergencies.

Yiayia4 Sat 27-Jun-20 16:14:19

Absolutely brilliant service we have used it loads during lockdown.

allule Sat 27-Jun-20 17:15:50

Does everyone know about using Amazon smile? If you go through smile.amazon.co.uk a small donation goes to your choice of charity. I have nominated our local preschool. It mounts up.

I saw a cartoon praising a woman who had built a second home out of Amazon boxes!

allule Sat 27-Jun-20 18:23:13

Me again...just seen advert for the meals to store without a freezer....parsleybox.com

No idea if they're any good!

GrannyGravy13 Sat 27-Jun-20 18:52:27

Our Amazon delivery man has been here so often I am thinking of inviting him for Christmas Lunch as I have seen more of him than AC during lockdown ??

I would usually only use Amazon when all other alternatives had failed, but they have been spectacularly reliable these last three months.

Willow500 Sat 27-Jun-20 20:47:53

I'd be lost without Amazon Prime - not just for deliveries but I watch a lot of the programs on there . I think the service for the yearly fee is brilliant value.

allule Sat 27-Jun-20 21:27:47

Sorry...last post on wrong thread.

Maggiemaybe Sat 27-Jun-20 21:32:06

I don’t even pay for Prime, and nearly everything arrives free within a few days anyway. If I need something very quickly, or don’t want to buy £20 worth of stuff to get free delivery, one of the offspring orders it for me on their Prime account. I’ve taken delivery today of a very random selection I only ordered on Wednesday evening - poster paints, Fimo, my reading group book, night cream, and stuffing and yet more knitting wool for the dude dolls. The only thing still en route is (are) the new bathroom scales to replace the ones that have just given up the ghost.

Until I’m confident enough to get back to proper shopping, it’s a godsend.

AllotmentLil Sat 27-Jun-20 21:40:07

Exactly what GrannyGravy said!! ?

misty34 Sat 27-Jun-20 21:45:13

OH not happy with Amazon today. He plays a lot of football games on his Xbox which keeps him happy. Said Xbox started playing up so he ordered a new one from amazon. It was supposed to be delivered Monday [There tracking system for your delivery is usually very good] In this instance it kept showing Xbox arriving at depot for 4 days, different depots!
Everyday for the last 5 days he got a message saying it will be delivered today! So far nothing. Its annoying we don't go out often at the moment but do walk dog. shop etc and had to stay in for days on end. He phoned today to be told item lost. They offered a refund which will take 5-7 days. Then he can order another. He not a happy bunny.

LadyBella Sat 27-Jun-20 21:58:20

I guess us older ones will continue to shop online after lockdown ends. I haven't missed shopping one bit especially for food.

Purpledaffodil Sat 27-Jun-20 21:58:28

I understand about the tax reservations, but they have been very useful in lockdown. From hay fever medicines to bird food.
I have not seen it mentioned here but in our area they do an app called Prime Now which here links to Morrison’s. The delivery is free over £40 and delivery is either same day or next day. Substitutions are checked in real time by text as the shopper goes round and the order is delivered by car in paper sacks. We have found it a useful service.