Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(55 Posts)
12Michael Sat 27-Jun-20 07:04:15

Good Morning Everyone,
A bit late its been raining here in Brackley this morning.
I had to do restart earlier on computer.
Plan to go out to Buckingham and Bicester vice versa and see if the Flea market is on in Buckingham.
A café i use in Buckingham is doing take aways so will get something there .
Take Care
Mick

Kalu Sat 27-Jun-20 11:52:21

Good morning all from a greyish day in Glasgow. No rain here at the moment Marydoll and fingers crosses it stays away for Mr. M’s 70th Birthday Bash. Just thinking bash may be in your head today after his antics last night. DH does a similar foot fight completely unaware he is doing it. He is 6’1” and I have threatened to tie his feet together at bedtime!

The horrific stabbings at an Hotel in Glasgow yesterday was a residence for asylum seekers. 4 people dead and a police officer who was also stabbed critically ill in hospital. A tragic outcome for all caught up in whatever caused this.

The cat always acts in a certain manner which means she has brought a friend home, always at bedtime. I found her catch when I separated the curtain lining from the curtain and a vole fell out. I quickly caught it and plodded down to the bottom of the garden in my goonie to release it. She never kills anything thankfully.

I must attack the ironing mountain today so I will play some of my favourite music to help get through the drudgery of a task I loathe, mainly because my back starts to play up and the painful aching sets in but needs must at the moment.

Thinking of the sadness you and your family are going through just now EllanV and I sincerely hope it is not too long until you are all back together.

Hello BlueSapphire if you are with us today.

Have a pleasant day all and warm wishes to those who are struggling.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 27-Jun-20 12:11:53

A very late good morning (or afternoon) to everyone from a rather damp South Notts. The rain is very welcome and it is still warm.
Oh dear, I still haven't vacuumed have I? I've little enthusiasm for the housework at the best of times. It was far too hot previously but now I've run out of excuses. I must shift myself. Hope all is well with you all during these peculiar times. Stay safe.

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 27-Jun-20 14:53:40

Good Afternoon all from muggy Harrogate - we have had one downpour, yesterday when we expected a downfall it was just a damp squib. The biscuits I baked this morning, I did remember to put sugar in them, so I think they will be up to standard.

grannysyb Sat 27-Jun-20 15:57:24

Good afternoon from a windy Teddington, popping in late as we left early this morning to drive to Herts, to collect two nucleus colonies of bees. DH now making sugar syrup to put in the hives when we take them to the allotment. We hope that they have a good temperament , there won't be any honey this year as they will need anything that they forage for themselves.