Gransnet forums

Chat

What would your last meal be? Light hearted.

(87 Posts)
Bluebellwould Sat 27-Jun-20 17:26:55

If you could have anything at all to eat with unlimited funds and no weight worries, what and where would you have it?
I would have chicken satay skewers and lovely soft chip shop chips. For dessert it would be tiramisu and salted caramel ice cream. I would eat it sitting on the beach at Dungeness in the pouring rain snuggled under a big umbrella, with a little bonfire in front of me. What would you have and where and would you share it with anyone?

EllanVannin Sat 27-Jun-20 19:23:50

Waldorf salad and fresh lobster. Tutti frutti ice cream with cherries and angelica. Finished off with a Mojito cocktail or 2.

Enjoyed with my late friend on a balcony at one of our stays abroad, on a warm relaxed evening after a full day of touring.

Kalu Sat 27-Jun-20 19:27:22

Similar for me Grey. A generous helping of cold poached lobster salad with a side dish of hand cut chips and a huge dollop of aioli. As I don’t have a sweet tooth a selection of French cheese with oatcakes. Sublime.

BlueSky Sat 27-Jun-20 19:31:18

No no the last meal! If you said my favourite it would be a pizza on the Amalfi coast, with a large glass of wine in the company of my DH! wine

Carillion01 Sat 27-Jun-20 19:51:13

Fish and chips, out of newspaper, loads of salt and Sarsons malt vinegar followed by sugared ring donuts eating, sitting on the prom wall at Mablethorpe with my beloved dad and Nana xxxxxx and we were from the northwest!!!

Atqui Sat 27-Jun-20 20:04:38

Avocado and prawns,followed by raspberry pavlova or crime brûlée , beside a quiet beach

Urmstongran Sat 27-Jun-20 20:22:52

2 fried eggs & proper home made chips. Salt & white pepper. A slice of white bread and butter to make a chip butty to dip in the yolks.

No pudding necessary thank you as my chip portion would be huge.

A cup of Yorkshire tea.
?

farview Sat 27-Jun-20 20:35:47

A gorgeous salad,sweet potato fries and hummus.....then Greek yogurt with local honey...and a huge glass of Merlot ?

annsixty Sat 27-Jun-20 20:41:24

Small fillet steak, rare, with asparagus wrapped in pancetta, cooked until crispy and dauphinois potatoes.
Two (or more) glasses of really nice Shiraz and a small brandy.
Served in my conservatory on a nice warm evening.

Yiayia4 Sat 27-Jun-20 21:01:06

Grilled red snapper with Greek salad.

HillyN Sat 27-Jun-20 21:14:01

I would like to recreate the picnic we used to have each summer holiday in France when we were younger. We would hire a pedalo for 3 hours on the Lac de Ste Croix and pedal up the river through the Gorge de Verdon for an hour until we reached a shingle spar. We would have the best French picnic- baguette, pate de compagne, creamy goats' cheese, slices of juicy, beefsteak tomatoes, cornichons, and always, ALWAYS, hard boiled eggs. Then luscious peaches, wedges of melon and madeleines, washed down with cold beers or Orangina.
Then we would paddle or sunbathe, before setting off an hour before we had to be back. As the current would help us get back faster, we would have time to jump off the pedalo by a freezing cold waterfall and dare to swim under it.
Can't do it now as our knees can't do the pedaling, although when our ACs and GCs came down one year we roped them in to do the pedaling!

Grannyben Sat 27-Jun-20 21:14:48

Salmon with chips and salad, cooked by me as I'm quite good with salmon and chips. Then, a lovely lemon meringue but I've never made one where the top doesn't slide off so that would have to be bought in. A nice big glass of fresh orange to wash it down.
I would eat it sat watching the waves at Leigh On Sea, with the train rumbling past.

TheFrugalPiggy Sat 27-Jun-20 21:26:47

Oh I like this one! I've played this before so I know exactly what I would have. Prawn cocktail to start with a few slices of brown bread and butter, a pepperoni pizza from Pizza Express for main and a big slice of lemon meringue pie for pud!
Location, somewhere on a roof top terrace overlooking the ocean.

sodapop Sat 27-Jun-20 22:06:32

Fish and chips by the sea for me followed by doughnuts from the sea side kiosk. Unhealthy but so many memories of my grandchildren when they were young.

Chewbacca Sat 27-Jun-20 22:20:40

Egg and chips with a little soupcon of ketchup, followed by chocolate pudding. And a cup of tea.

GagaJo Sat 27-Jun-20 22:30:39

Greek salad, steak with onions, mashed potatoes. Raspberries and cream.

And don't shame me! Diet (has to be diet, can't bear the sugary version) Coke. I love it but never drink it because it's so bad for me.

Quiet beach restaurant in either Lindos, on Rhodes or Porto Pollensa, Mallorca (where I lived for a year).

annep1 Sat 27-Jun-20 23:15:37

What a lovely memory to have HillyN

Kittye Sun 28-Jun-20 08:42:45

GagaJo love Porto Pollensa. We should have been there right now?? Blooming virus! Although would have had to cancel anyway as I managed to break an arm and a leg 3 weeks ago ?

DanniRae Sun 28-Jun-20 09:00:11

GagaJo - my son got married in Lindos last year and we all had an amazing time. The wedding was beautiful, as was the bride. The night before we all came home we had a wonderful meal at a beach restaurant where the tables were actually on the beach........such happy memories and we are all so grateful that it happened last year because, obviously, it wouldn't have happened this year.
However, my last meal would have to be my mum's roast beef dinner followed by apple crumble and custard eaten with my mum and dad (sadly no longer with us) and all my family in a place overlooking the sea.

DanniRae Sun 28-Jun-20 09:03:08

Here are some flowers for you Kittye - what am awful thing to happen to you x

sodapop Sun 28-Jun-20 09:08:23

Sorry to hear about your accident Kittye that must be difficult for you, hope you have some help at home. Get well soon thanks

Kittye Sun 28-Jun-20 09:54:26

Thank you so much. Luckily got husband to take care of me.
Feeling sorry for him though as we're no spring chickens and he looks so tired sometimes. Sons do their best to help but I think they’re scared they could pass Covid onto us.
I now appreciate that some people have to live like this permanently and take my hat off to them.
Thank goodness for our wonderful NHS who have been so marvellous. ? to them.
Hopefully this will soon be behind us and perhaps next year be able to holiday

Maggiemaybe Sun 28-Jun-20 10:03:50

So many choices. But if it was my last meal it’d have to be fish and chips (lashings of salt and vinegar) and a double lemon top ice cream, after a long, long day on the Cleveland/North Yorkshire coast. I think I’ll have a tray of cockles and mussels for starters. What the heck, a big bag of prawns in their shells as well.

Pippet Sun 28-Jun-20 10:11:37

Mine would be a delicious chicken tikka masala. Garlic Naan and a glass of proper fizz and then after eight mints Yummy.

TrendyNannie6 Sun 28-Jun-20 10:15:24

Christmas dinner all the trimmings, and Christmas pud for afters with loads of custard

Patticake123 Sun 28-Jun-20 10:17:18

I’ve just had my breakfast and reading all these delicious ideas is making me hungry again!
I think I’d go for my late Mum’s Shepherds Pie, something I’ve never been able to replicate, followed by creme brûlée. I’d be sitting on the sand dunes watching the tide come in , under a blue sky with just a few billowing white clouds scudding over the horizon.