Gransnet forums

Chat

What would your last meal be? Light hearted.

(87 Posts)
Bluebellwould Sat 27-Jun-20 17:26:55

If you could have anything at all to eat with unlimited funds and no weight worries, what and where would you have it?
I would have chicken satay skewers and lovely soft chip shop chips. For dessert it would be tiramisu and salted caramel ice cream. I would eat it sitting on the beach at Dungeness in the pouring rain snuggled under a big umbrella, with a little bonfire in front of me. What would you have and where and would you share it with anyone?

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 28-Jun-20 10:18:13

I would love our favourite meal that late hubby and I enjoyed so much in France - 'assiette des fruites de mer' -love shellfish.

I'd follow with 'les isles flotante' which is nice and light but would never make myself.

If it were humanly possible I'd enjoy this while sitting at a picnic table in a wild flower meadow in dappled shade overlooking the sea - a tall order I know but you asked for fantasy.

Mrsdof Sun 28-Jun-20 10:31:42

Real East End Pie n’Mash with lashings of liqueur, salt and vinegar. I’m salivating just thinking about it. Followed by some Ben and Jerry’s ice cream. Yummy

Cambia Sun 28-Jun-20 10:33:48

Hot toast with jelly dripping and lots of salt and pepper! Grew up on this and love it but won’t even bring dripping in the house now as I couldn’t be trusted.

Saggi Sun 28-Jun-20 10:37:26

Mutton stew and dumplings ( to take me back to childhood)....overlooking seven sisters on south coast.... no music as the natural sounds would be enough... with my two kids and two grandkids sitting chatting behind me.

sarahellenwhitney Sun 28-Jun-20 10:39:37

No appetite if it was to be my last.

Moggycuddler Sun 28-Jun-20 10:40:01

Macaroni cheese. Then a big box of Milk Tray chocolates. In my own home with my family, by in front of something good on the telly, binge watching How To Get Away With Murder maybe.

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 28-Jun-20 10:53:00

No idea - all these choices are just making my mouth water!!

MaryFinn Sun 28-Jun-20 10:56:50

Aubergine parmigiana - parmigiana alla melanzana with a big Greek salad and lots of crusty bread, followed by some creamy Italian ice cream: nocciola (hazelnut) and crema with some panna (whipped cream) and a big bowl of cherries! Eaten on a balcony with a view of the rooftops of Roma!

patricia1958 Sun 28-Jun-20 10:58:34

Proper fish and chips with mushy peas sitting on the peir in Southport

Ladyleftfieldlover Sun 28-Jun-20 11:04:29

Old fashioned prawn cocktail with triangles of brown bresad and butter
A very pink sirloin steak, a few chips, mushrooms cooked in garlic, cucumber and tomato salad
A selection of 3 mini [ish] puddings: pavlova with srawberries and raspberries; chocolate cheesecake; homemade lemon and raspoberry ripple icecream

All washed down with French champagne.

Not sure where, or who with.

annecordelia Sun 28-Jun-20 11:06:16

I don't know, but M&S custard tarts have got to feature at some point...

CaroleAnne Sun 28-Jun-20 11:10:17

I would have a similar menu to mumofmadboys with a glass of chilled white wine. A good one at that!!

leeds22 Sun 28-Jun-20 11:23:18

Greek salad, grilled fish, followed by bread and butter pudding maybe in a little cafe on the harbour front at Symi (or Hydra) with DH.

4allweknow Sun 28-Jun-20 11:26:25

Lobster salad with a side of crispy chunky chips with garlic mayonnaise. Followed by a slice of original cheesecake. All accompanied by champagne. The venue would be on the little private beach at the hotel I stayed at on Barbados and no I wouldn't share.

icanhandthemback Sun 28-Jun-20 11:38:06

I'd have Calamari with a Ranch sauce to start, a Woolacombe Bay Beef and Stilton pie with Roasted Parsnips and carrots with mashed potato, followed by one of the those taster plates of dessert. That would include a selection of ice-creams, chocolate brownie, chewy cookies and fruit. I'd wash it all down with a decent Porter.
It would have to be my last meal though because my stomach would revolt and you wouldn't be able to be in the same room with me for a fortnight!

sue01 Sun 28-Jun-20 11:59:01

Rack of lamb... rare... rosti potatoes... home grown runner beans. Raspberry Pavlova. Bottle of Stellenbosch red. Anywhere on The Dingle Peninsula in Ireland. Bliss !!

Froglady Sun 28-Jun-20 11:59:32

I'm wavering between a proper roast dinner with Yorkshire Puddings and everything else and a Chinese!
Pudding would be Eton Mess.

LuckyFour Sun 28-Jun-20 12:01:48

I wouldn't be able to enjoy any meal if |I knew it was my last. My stomach churns at the thought.

Juicylucy Sun 28-Jun-20 12:07:07

Bowl of chilli with sour cream and salad. Apple pie and ice cream. Sat on a beach at sunset with warmth on my skin and candles all around listening to the ripples of the sea. Glass of prosecco .

Nannan2 Sun 28-Jun-20 12:51:47

LAST MEAL??My God that's depressing isn't it? Whats the matter with you all today? Geeze its too depressing to contemplate. Unless theres a medical/health/allergy reason then you CAN eat what you want, if you like.When you like.In fact Bridie22, it sounds like a good suggestion for a Sunday lunch/dinner- you could have it todaygrin

Georgesgran Sun 28-Jun-20 13:03:13

If I was being clever, I’d cheat and have my main course in the top floor restaurant in The Metropolitan Museum of Art, overlooking Central Park in New York then for desert - I’d be on the Champs Elysee in Paris for a creme brûlée with a glass of fine champagne. X

Kim19 Sun 28-Jun-20 13:13:07

Quality beef stroganoff for me. What I ate on my first date with my husband.

annep1 Sun 28-Jun-20 13:16:33

I thought that too Luckyfour strange title. But the actual post doesn't mention 'last meal' .

Bumboseat1 Sun 28-Jun-20 14:45:57

Roast chicken with all the trimmings followed by Apple crumble and cream on top of Blackpool tower watching the sea . Lovely ? well it won’t be if it’s my last meal x

sweetcakes Sun 28-Jun-20 15:03:09

Mrsdof.
Just what I was going to pick pie and mash with liquor, vinegar and pepper eaten with a fork and spoon and stewed eels and if I had room my own salted chocolate tart ?