Gransnet forums

Chat

What would your last meal be? Light hearted.

(87 Posts)
Bluebellwould Sat 27-Jun-20 17:26:55

If you could have anything at all to eat with unlimited funds and no weight worries, what and where would you have it?
I would have chicken satay skewers and lovely soft chip shop chips. For dessert it would be tiramisu and salted caramel ice cream. I would eat it sitting on the beach at Dungeness in the pouring rain snuggled under a big umbrella, with a little bonfire in front of me. What would you have and where and would you share it with anyone?

jmp1 Sun 28-Jun-20 18:28:41

Home cooked Lasagne followed by home made Tiramisu.

grannypiper Sun 28-Jun-20 18:52:08

Chicken satay from Lonng Foong in Gennep, Holland, Steak with garlic butter , Mushrooms and Frites from ElPaso in Goch, Germany and a never ending tub of ice cream from Renaldo's Ayr

seadragon Sun 28-Jun-20 19:02:27

Grandma's 'stovies' and oatcakes with beetroot followed by her apple crumble and custard shared with grandad anywhere...

Lindaa4 Sun 28-Jun-20 20:59:15

Cooked by someone else!

PGAgirl Sun 28-Jun-20 21:09:00

I would have soft herring roe, tossed in seasoned flour and fried in butter, and put on to hot well buttered toast.. My favourite food which I rarely eat because the smell lasts in the house for days, but that would not matter if it was my last meal, someone else would have to live with the lingering smell.

MaxiBialystock Sun 28-Jun-20 21:48:36

I would forego all my vegetarian principles and have Yorkshire fish and chips, with bits and thinly sliced white bread and butter. A bottle of Champagne and then some lemon syllabub. To be eaten at the Waldorf=Astoria with my family and friends. Looking forward to it!

glammagran Sun 28-Jun-20 22:57:32

My choice would be lobster Thermidor, french fries and a green salad with a bottle of finest champagne ?

EllenVannin I happen to be a big fan of Angelica. You just can’t but in any supermarket nowadays. I bought a plant last year with lovely green stems so I could make my own but didn’t bother. This year way plant was far too big and woody to use the stems - I didn’t realise they only last 2 years.

grannie7 Wed 01-Jul-20 10:01:37

I am with you Nortsat.
Cannot think of a finer meal or a better place to be
eating it.
No jazz through. maybe some gentle Mozart.
But definitely the Loire valley maybe the Saumur Castle in the background lovely.
Would be there now if not for ***19

grannie7 Wed 01-Jul-20 10:03:59

sorry to say with my DH

grannie7 Wed 01-Jul-20 10:06:10

meant to say with my dearest DH.
got a bad headache so brain not in gear

annep1 Sat 04-Jul-20 05:38:26

I do hope you get there soon Granny7. Have many wonderful memories of the Loire Valley.