Gransnet forums

Chat

My turn to do the zoom quiz. Help.

(55 Posts)
PamelaJ1 Sun 28-Jun-20 07:09:16

We have been doing these for a while now. We have quite a wide range of ages taking part so it can be tricky to set the questions. Some of us don’t know what LOL means and the younger ones don’t know their proverbs!

I think the best round we had was my DD’s. Who said this? Homer Simpson or Mr. Trump?
Last week my sister had us drawing car marques. Even awarded an extra point for artistic ability??‍♀️. As my artistic prowess is non existent I didn’t get extra points.
Have any of you got ideas for fun and slightly different rounds.
This week I’ve decided to get them to get them to guess what I’m making from a list of ingredients. So far I’ve got pancakes, SC pastry, meringues and Victoria sponge. 6 more to go

Pittcity Sun 28-Jun-20 07:36:29

I did "two people with the same surname"

Q. A human rights activist who was a tennis champion?

A. Martin Luther KING and Billie Jean KING.

Lucca Sun 28-Jun-20 07:42:18

My friends has passed one to me called “cheese or motorway service station “

PamelaJ1 Sun 28-Jun-20 07:42:35

We haven’t had that, thank you.

Lucca Sun 28-Jun-20 07:45:04

If you’re interested I could try aNd find it !

Furret Sun 28-Jun-20 07:59:45

We let the littlies (7 & 9) do the quiz last week. It was hilarious as they had no idea what was a hard or easy question and had obviously just delve into books of little known facts!

Eg How many species of animals live in the rain forests?

Love the Cheese or Service Station Ides

PamelaJ1 Sun 28-Jun-20 08:08:24

Sounds very intriguing Lucca. Can I google it or did you make it up?
Ferret- think I’ll give yours a miss. My BinL queries almost every answer, particularly if he is wrong. He’d probably ask me to name all the animals and where I sourced the information.?

Lucca Sun 28-Jun-20 08:48:58

A friend sent it to me, I’ll try and see where I put it....

GrannyLaine Sun 28-Jun-20 08:51:04

We've had a few memorable ones. Strangely, a Bingo round is good - my DIL is a great mimic and hilarious as a caller. Identifying a cross section of 20 different chocolate bars is harder than you think. One week we had a round where we had 10 minutes to write a short song about life in lockdown and then sing it to everyone - I won that round for a rendition to the tune of "Row, row, row your boat"

Maggiemaybe Sun 28-Jun-20 08:53:16

Richard Osman’s weekly quizzes have some good rounds that anyone can have a go at. Such as Paint or Ain’t, where you’ve to decide whether something is an official paint colour or not. Mind Your Beeswax, anyone? Paint or Ain’t?

GrannyLaine Sun 28-Jun-20 08:57:45

metro.co.uk/2020/05/06/people-share-bizarre-yet-brilliant-zoom-quiz-rounds-12662669/

I was so intrigued by the Cheese or Service station idea, I had to look it up! Some fun ideas here.

Lucca Sun 28-Jun-20 08:58:21

A short one is to name 4 countries with only one vowel in names (y not being a vowel)
And 5 countries with no “closed” letters when written in capitals. ( so B and O and D etc are closed)

Lucca Sun 28-Jun-20 08:59:14

Does that list the cheese questions Grannylaine ?

GrannyLaine Sun 28-Jun-20 10:16:14

No, you have to devise them yourself Lucca. It also has some other good suggestions.

Volunteer77 Sun 28-Jun-20 10:17:46

We gave everyone a weetabix and the first to eat it without having a drink got 5 points!

Caro57 Sun 28-Jun-20 10:29:38

Finding items in the home......... bathroom theme - toothpaste etc., kitchen - items of cutlery etc.......

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 28-Jun-20 10:48:53

One I made up for a club had questions like: carry a cuppa, for T Mobile, A source of vitamin C - Orange which at the time local to Harrogate town centre. Another time I gave the club pens and paper with one line on them and groups of four had to make up a limerick starting with the given line. We really had a laugh some were so funny.

PamelaJ1 Sun 28-Jun-20 10:50:09

We’ve done turn yourself into a super hero with things you can find in 5mins. My niece won , she wrapped herself in towels and her super skill was to mop up after a flood. Not a list of questions so not sure if it was legal. Very funny though.

Tanjamaltija Sun 28-Jun-20 10:53:56

Here's one I did for a local page, so they wouldn't have seen it:
1.In which science fiction franchise does a Tyken's Rift appear?
(a)Space: 199
(b)Star Trek
(c)Star Wars
(d)Planet of the Apes
2.Which of these characters does not wear a mask?
(a)The Flash
(b)Wolverine
(c)Red Hood
(d)Nick Fury
3.Which ingredient is not used in spaghetti carbonara?
(a)Garlic
(b)Onion
(c)Pecorino
(d)Eggs
4.Which European city was formerly called Kristiania?
(a)London
(b)Paris
(c)Oslo
(d)Warsaw
5.The Gigantopithecus was a type of:
(a)Dinosaur
(b)Whale
(c)Ape
(d)Hippopotamus
6.Which planet does the moon Titan orbit?
(a)Saturn
(b)Jupiter
(c)Mars
(d)Venus
7.Which is the first element in the periodic table?
(a)Copper
(b)Cobalt
(c)Hydrogen
(d)Oxygen
8.What kind of happening is it when the moon is between the sun and the earth?
(a)Tide
(b)Eclipse
(c)Lunar Phenomenon
(d)Sunspot
9.Opera, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Explorer are all…
(a)Browsers
(b)Superheroes
(c)Cocktails
(d)Music Genres
10.What device measures electric current?
(a)Ammeter
(b)Voltammeter
(c)Amplifier
(d)Capacitance meter

1 b
2 d
3 b
4 c
5 c
6 a
7 c
8 b
9 a
10 a

Aepgirl Sun 28-Jun-20 11:03:09

First lines of songs is popular.

PamelaJ1 Sun 28-Jun-20 11:15:11

GrannyLaine, I’m definitely going to do the swear words v Ikea products. Save the cheese for next time.

Mimi54 Sun 28-Jun-20 11:17:40

Agree, our family do them n zoom and they are good fun

Mimi54 Sun 28-Jun-20 11:18:32

Meant to say the Richard Osman quizzes

Quizzer Sun 28-Jun-20 11:18:56

Paul's quiz on the web - lots of free questions!

ninathenana Sun 28-Jun-20 11:20:12

My son's group did a treasure hunt. First person back to camera with 5 small random household items.