Gransnet forums

Chat

My turn to do the zoom quiz. Help.

(56 Posts)
PamelaJ1 Sun 28-Jun-20 07:09:16

We have been doing these for a while now. We have quite a wide range of ages taking part so it can be tricky to set the questions. Some of us don’t know what LOL means and the younger ones don’t know their proverbs!

I think the best round we had was my DD’s. Who said this? Homer Simpson or Mr. Trump?
Last week my sister had us drawing car marques. Even awarded an extra point for artistic ability??‍♀️. As my artistic prowess is non existent I didn’t get extra points.
Have any of you got ideas for fun and slightly different rounds.
This week I’ve decided to get them to get them to guess what I’m making from a list of ingredients. So far I’ve got pancakes, SC pastry, meringues and Victoria sponge. 6 more to go

Macgran43 Sun 28-Jun-20 22:42:16

All answers have no vowels. eg songs sung in church. HYMNS

Type of gland. LYMPH

Maremia Mon 29-Jun-20 11:09:17

Yes Ashcomnbe, the Derry Girls programme featured that dance.

Ashcombe Mon 29-Jun-20 11:15:19

RHYTHM
is another such word.

Wheniwasyourage Thu 09-Jul-20 10:37:33

Thank you for many useful suggestions, with particular thanks to Tanjamaltija, several of whose questions I have lifted for our quiz this week. It always seems like a good idea to volunteer to do the quiz until a few days before, when panic sets in!

Planning to do a round with alternative meanings for first names of some family members - choose the correct one.

Sunlover Thu 09-Jul-20 10:39:38

I did a round of music questions. Every song had a colour in the title.
Just google songs with colour in title and then you can record the intro. Was really good.