Gransnet forums

Chat

The Best Meal You Ever Had?......[smile]

(32 Posts)
DanniRae Sun 28-Jun-20 09:22:20

Following on from your favourite 'Last Meals' which meal will you remember for ever?

To start.........When I was pregnant with my first baby I had terrible morning sickness. When I finally felt that I could enjoy a proper meal my mother in law cooked me fish in parsley sauce, mashed potatoes and peas. Delicious!!

GrandmaMoira Sun 28-Jun-20 19:55:12

One of my favourite ever meals was with my DH in Taynuilt, near Oban. I had mussels and the best salmon I've ever had. After we sat outside with a field in front of us, a river to the right, Loch Etive in front of us with mountains rising either side.

kittylester Sun 28-Jun-20 20:00:53

sparkling, my best meal was the first date I had with dh too. It was in a restaurant with a glass dance floor. That's all I can remember but we gave been together since - that was my best meal ever.

Galaxy Sun 28-Jun-20 20:39:33

The toast in the hospital the morning after I gave birth to my first son.

mrswoo Sun 28-Jun-20 21:04:34

1995 in South Africa. We hired a car and were driving The Garden Route from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth. It was getting late in the day, we were tired and hungry so we pulled off the main road and found a hotel in a little town that had been by-passed by the new major road. The meal that night will stay in my memory forever. I started with cold curried fish - it sounds odd but tasted wonderful. Next I had an oxtail stew that was out of this world. I must admit that I can't remember if I had pudding! The odd thing was that the lovely lady who served us was surprised that we only wanted one starter and one main course each! We could apparently have eaten everything on the menu at no extra cost! I doubt if the hotel still exists - it was a beacon of old fashioned hospitality and the food .... oh that wonderful meal!

12Michael Mon 29-Jun-20 11:03:03

Finding my best meal ever very hard .
The first Chinese I had in the 60`s consisted of prawn crackers , chicken & sweet corn soup and a king prawn chop suey .
Other favourites in Switzerland and in Paris 70`s and 80`s raw egg soup ,and Steak Tartare .
Mick

Purplepixie Mon 29-Jun-20 11:07:01

My best meal ever was the last christmas dinner that I had with my lovely mam who sadly died the following April. I will never forget it and it tasted perfect. We sat on the Christmas Day afternoon and held hands on the settee while watching the Queen. Priceless.