Gransnet forums

Chat

Are we allowed to have passengers in our cars

(10 Posts)
paddyanne Sat 18-Jul-20 19:47:02

Taxi drivers here have to wear masks even if they have a barrier between them and the passenger
,I thought that was the rule everywhere

grannypiper Sat 18-Jul-20 19:45:32

No joined up thinking going on at all, you can get a taxi, the subway, bus, ferry or plane with total strangers but you cant share a car with friends. It is a joke

TrendyNannie6 Sat 18-Jul-20 19:15:07

As I’m high risk I’m not out much at all but mostly for walks, but yes I’ve. Den out twice in car with a member of my family in the same bubble

ninathenana Sat 18-Jul-20 19:12:24

So you cannot share with someone you know but you can get in a taxi.
I find that laughable.

Auntieflo Sat 18-Jul-20 15:02:27

A friend who is a volunteer driver for hospital visits etc, has been told that there are on going talks.
Probably the passenger will have to sit diagonally behind the driver. IYSWIM.

Maggiemaybe Sat 18-Jul-20 15:02:22

This is the current guidance:

Car sharing
You should try not to share a vehicle with those outside your household or social bubble. If you need to do this, try to:
share the transport with the same people each time
keep to small groups of people at any one time
open windows for ventilation
travel side by side or behind other people, rather than facing them, where seating arrangements allow
face away from each other
consider seating arrangements to maximise distance between people in the vehicle
clean your car between journeys using standard cleaning products - make sure you clean door handles and other areas that people may touch
ask the driver and passengers to wear a face covering

www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-safer-travel-guidance-for-passengers#private-cars-and-other-vehicles

Charleygirl5 Sat 18-Jul-20 14:34:02

My garage will pick up and home deliver after my car has been serviced on Monday. Very confusing when some will and others will not.

I am certain we are not allowed to give lifts just yet.

GrannySomerset Sat 18-Jul-20 13:42:57

No, it isn’t, and I am having to wait while my car is serviced because the garage won’t collect it and I can’t ask anyone for a lift. Very annoying.

Cabbie21 Sat 18-Jul-20 13:39:24

I don’t think it is allowed yet.

0205s Sat 18-Jul-20 13:10:29

Does anyone know if we are allowed passengers in our cars now ( who are not in our household or bubble
I am a widow and if I meet anyone do we all have to take separate cars I wonder
I see Boris is allowing people on public busses now obviously that won’t stop you getting inflected
Also Taxi drivers around my area do not wear masks or clean the cars after any passengers