Gransnet forums

Chat

Simple pleasures

(70 Posts)
Lucca Wed 22-Jul-20 22:29:50

Just got into bed, with freshly washed (and ironed !!) sheets and clean pjs. What are your simple pleasures ? (apart from the obvious ones of hugs from the family.)

MellowYellow Wed 22-Jul-20 22:33:35

Candlelight. I always light a candle in the evening and find the flickering flame very comforting.

Buntie123 Wed 22-Jul-20 22:38:48

hotwater bottle on a chilly evening x

tanith Wed 22-Jul-20 22:48:11

A bowl of cornflakes with ice cold milk before bed.

BlueSky Wed 22-Jul-20 22:51:00

The first morning coffee, the afternoon glass of wine, and like Buntie my hot water bottle on chilly nights!

Curlywhirly Wed 22-Jul-20 22:52:52

Lucca a thread similar to this was posted a couple of weeks ago (not complaining, the more the merrier?). My reply was the same as yours - line dried cotton sheets, ironed, bliss!

B9exchange Wed 22-Jul-20 22:57:29

Text from son whom I haven't seen or spoken to for over a year. No estrangement, just doesn't feel any need to talk to his mother!

Love fresh sheets, also even the smallest bunch of flowers.

Chewbacca Wed 22-Jul-20 23:07:07

Going to the greenhouse and finding ripened tomatoes and a cucumber ready to pick. And I don't even like tomatoes!

quizqueen Wed 22-Jul-20 23:07:52

Tending to the flowers in my garden and cuddling up to my cat in the evening to watch tv (together).

Evie64 Wed 22-Jul-20 23:14:27

Cuddling my cat, watching a drama on TV, seeing my lovely daughters and granddaughter and, working at a school, celebrating the end of term after working throughout lockdown and Easter hols etc, Bliss grin

GagaJo Wed 22-Jul-20 23:14:49

Playing in rock pools with my grandson. Simple but it's everything.

merlotgran Wed 22-Jul-20 23:25:23

You iron sheets, Lucca? I try not to iron anything. grin

DH hates peanut butter whereas I love it so my simple pleasure is dipping my finger into a jar of crunchy nut.

annep1 Wed 22-Jul-20 23:26:53

Going upstairs to watch the sun go down over the hills.
Listening to the rain on the caravan roof whilst snuggling under the bedcovers.
Watering the garden in the cool of the evening.

honeyrose Thu 23-Jul-20 00:46:01

Cup of coffee brought to me in bed every morning by DH (he rarely cooks, but he makes lovely coffee!), gardening on a warm summers evening, a walk down a country lane, birdsong. Shall I go on?! Oh and a hug from my granddaughters - which i’ve not been able to have for over 4 months!

Lucca Thu 23-Jul-20 04:02:08

Curlywhirly

Lucca a thread similar to this was posted a couple of weeks ago (not complaining, the more the merrier?). My reply was the same as yours - line dried cotton sheets, ironed, bliss!

Oops sorry......

Lucca Thu 23-Jul-20 04:03:49

merlotgran

You iron sheets, Lucca? I try not to iron anything. grin

DH hates peanut butter whereas I love it so my simple pleasure is dipping my finger into a jar of crunchy nut.

I hate housework, find cooking a chore, but actually quite like ironing.....weird I know

kittylester Thu 23-Jul-20 07:19:30

I iron the duvet cover and pillowcases for the simple pleasure of getting in to them. I would pay someone to change,wash and iron my bedding once a week.

NanKate Thu 23-Jul-20 07:32:17

Talking on FaceTime to my 9 year old DGS who needs a bit of support and love at present. We play silly games and I love it.

Parky Thu 23-Jul-20 07:35:16

Fresh cut grass. Sun on my back

EllanVannin Thu 23-Jul-20 07:40:10

Lying in bed after wakening listening to the birds----knowing I'm alive for another day. It's just lovely to wake up grin
My sleep seems to have been very deep this last few weeks, lucky me, eh ?

travelsafar Thu 23-Jul-20 08:11:25

Spending time with my beloved sister, children and GC. Visiting old friends and talking about our shared history.

Gingster Thu 23-Jul-20 08:17:30

So many simple pleasures. Watching the sea, hearing the rain, feeling the sunshine. Being with friends and family ?

sodapop Thu 23-Jul-20 08:22:45

Getting a delivery of books, bliss .

Puzzler61 Thu 23-Jul-20 08:23:29

I love evenings on the sofa with our beloved tabby cat lying between us.
Also getting a bunch of flowers, arranging them in a vase and admiring their beauty.

Glorybee Thu 23-Jul-20 08:27:08

I like to ‘shut out the night’ when it starts to get dark. Closing the curtains, turning the lights on and when it’s bedtime locking the door.

I used to love the end scene in Top Cat when he goes through his nightly ritual before bed (in the dustbin!).