Gransnet forums

Chat

Simple pleasures

(71 Posts)
Lucca Wed 22-Jul-20 22:29:50

Just got into bed, with freshly washed (and ironed !!) sheets and clean pjs. What are your simple pleasures ? (apart from the obvious ones of hugs from the family.)

Greyduster Thu 23-Jul-20 08:28:48

I could sit all day watching fish rise in a stream to sip down tiny flies.

Aldom Thu 23-Jul-20 09:11:32

Sitting in my garden as dusk falls, in my thoughts connecting with my son, who died not long ago. Hugs from my grandson and when my granddaughter types, love you, at the end of a text message. Oh, and clean sheets too.

henetha Thu 23-Jul-20 09:59:39

Simply waking up and finding I'm still alive. Then my first cup of tea of the day.

Missfoodlove Thu 23-Jul-20 11:21:32

A clean home, empty laundry and ironing baskets, a full fridge,clean sheets and 3 happy AC.

Greenfinch Thu 23-Jul-20 11:27:42

I love the wind whistling aroud the house when I am in bed and a gentle breeze on my face when the bedroom windows are open in the summer.

avitorl Thu 23-Jul-20 11:37:40

The smell of Lavender and Roses from my garden.
Brushing my small cat and hearing her purr.She is a rescue cat, and was so frightened when she first came to live with me, so her purrs are extra special to hear.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 23-Jul-20 11:44:40

Seeing my pretty rose 'Molyneux' in the garden.

A nice cup of tea in my large breakfast cup - though it wouldn't rival Pantglas2's chamberpot. Delicious all the same.

Finishing a project of any kind with satisfaction.

Puzzler61 Thu 23-Jul-20 13:36:01

That’s a real beauty lovebeige. Does it have a lovely fragrance too?

bluebird243 Thu 23-Jul-20 13:54:55

So many. Waking up to a sunny day, pottering in the garden then picking courgettes, tomatoes, rocket, beans I've grown myself.

A walk in countryside/beach/woods. Collected lots of blackberries yesterday.

A good programme on the TV, in front of the wood burner on a rainy evening.

A bath, then to bed in clean sheets, curled up with a hot water bottle and a good book on a cold winters night.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 23-Jul-20 17:13:55

It doesn't have a strong smell @Puzzler61, just the usual vague rose scent but I like looking at it.

Puzzler61 Thu 23-Jul-20 17:39:08

It is stunning, I’d like looking at it and taking photo’s of it too ?

LullyDully Thu 23-Jul-20 17:57:49

I love my first cup of tea in bed followed by a hot shower. At present checking my beans , tomatoes and courgette for changes and things to pick.

Nortsat Thu 23-Jul-20 18:56:24

Making a ham and cheese toastie on a Saturday for our lunch. We always enjoy it.
Our cats wait for a little taster of ham each, so they enjoy it too.

etheltbags1 Thu 23-Jul-20 19:28:09

I'm another who loves cuddles with the cats, also curling up with a good book and a bar of chocolate. I'm easy to please

TerriBull Thu 23-Jul-20 20:12:21

Loads, A good book, a nice meal, glass of wine, especially outside in the good weather, watching the mad things animals do, particularly cats, they are an enduring love of my life, trees in all their green glory, flowers, walking somewhere lovely, beautiful vistas, a great cup of coffee, reading about some new archaeological wonder being discovered and all those that have already been discovered and seeing them, music, visiting a sea side area, lovely scents, laughing at nonsense with my best friend who I first clicked with at school aged 11 when we discovered we had the same sense of humour and yes those lovely clean sheets. Last but not least, the obvious ones, Husband, children, grandchildren and the rest of the family.

DanniRae Thu 23-Jul-20 20:26:22

A mug of tea, rich tea biscuits and a new magazine smile

Bridie22 Thu 23-Jul-20 20:37:25

My sunny bench and a good book.

GrannyLaine Thu 23-Jul-20 20:38:54

Just watching two of my grandsons aged 5 and 7 absorbed in imaginative play under a tree this week. They were grubbing about with sticks for a couple of hours, looking for gold and needed no adult intervention whatsoever.

JackyB Thu 23-Jul-20 20:48:25

I had to go for a long drive today and really enjoyed the scenery - some fields already harvested, others still high and in full bloom (sunflowers, maize).

Favourite music on the stereo. No one talking. Could have driven for ages.

biba70 Thu 23-Jul-20 20:51:18

so many - but mostly linked to grandchildren and nature.

Charleygirl5 Thu 23-Jul-20 21:27:28

Many simple things. A coffee out with friends, a shower, clean bedding and a new book to read with my cat beside me waiting for cuddles. Perhaps top of the list is a clean house.

Aepgirl Fri 24-Jul-20 09:33:03

I also love freshly laundered and ironed bed linen. However, several of my friends don’t iron sheets and don’t understand how much better they feel.

Peardrop50 Fri 24-Jul-20 09:39:01

Freshly washed and ironed bedding top of my list too. I’m lucky enough to own a big press from our days owning holiday cottages.
Guilty pleasure is looking through other people’s homes either via magazines or tv especially while eating toast covered in marmite topped with syrup mmmm

Froglady Fri 24-Jul-20 09:41:45

Fresh flowers in my flat.
Music playing
Reading a book

Craftycat Fri 24-Jul-20 10:14:10

A glass of chilled wine in the garden on a warm summer's evening-- maybe 2!!