Gransnet forums

Chat

Isn't this just typical??

(29 Posts)
merlotgran Fri 24-Jul-20 10:56:15

So far this week our recycling wheelie bin has been hit by a passing tractor, removing it from its wheels (we're awaiting a replacement) and the kitchen blind has fallen down which is a major incident when it involves DH up a ladder repairing it!!

In the land of 'sod's law' there has to be a third thing doesn't there?

So, this morning I was all set up for a video conference call with the surgeon who successfully dealt with a skin cancer on the top of DH's head. DH was showered, shaved (I cut his hair yesterday) good and early!

There he was, sitting in front of the laptop with me making sure the background was suitably impressive (no overflowing laundry basket) when the phone went.....

Mr. P hadn't realised DH was on his video call list so thought he'd give him a call instead. grin

Ho Hum!!

merlotgran Sun 26-Jul-20 15:19:47

Kate1949 I suggest your DH contact his bank ASAP because they may be able to stop the payment.

My PayPal account was hacked into three weeks ago but my bank notified me immediately because it was 'unusual activity'.
£300 being paid to a gaming website was definitely NOT me. grin

I had to go through the usual security checks and they stopped my card. I then had to change my PayPal password and change the card details when the new one arrived.

I've always trusted PayPal but I think you have to be extra careful at the moment. A friend of mine's account was used for a money laundering scam. She was completely unaware until she noticed a considerable amount missing from her bank account. PayPal had claimed it all back! confused

Kate1949 Sun 26-Jul-20 15:37:38

Thank you merlot. After much ado, and DH almost bursting a blood vessel, PayPal agreed that it was fraudulent and have now reimbursed him. He has changed passwords etc. This fraud too was for some sort of gaming thingy. Not our cup of tea! Our granddaughter's bank account was hacked on the same day. She has got that sorted too thankfully.

Greciangirl Sun 26-Jul-20 16:42:23

I have just washed my bedroom curtains.
The label says Dry clean only.

They are perfectly fine and so glad I didn’t have to shell out for a dry cleaners.