Gransnet forums

Chat

Soap-on-a-rope

(27 Posts)
Luckygirl Sat 25-Jul-20 09:55:05

Remember these? I have just bought 2 from ebay, as I am so sick of losing the soap on the shower.

Indeed, I hate and detest showering - as I may have mentioned before.

I am very short-sighted and cannot see a thing in the shower with my glasses off - I also have very long hair so the rinsing activity takes lots of time. I always drop the soap and I bend over (with difficulty!) and feel around for it.

I hate it all so much that I only do it twice a week - but the "pits and bits" get attention on the other days.

This morning I was thinking that I need some fluorescent pink soap so I can see it better - then remembered soap-on-a-rope. Went onto ebay and - bingo! - lots of choice - some cost £24!!!

I can't easily get in and out of bath, and anyway I hate sitting in my own dirt.

Anyone else hate showering as much as I do?

quizqueen Sat 25-Jul-20 13:24:10

I don't waste money on soap or shower gel for the shower, I just use shampoo and conditioner- probably made of similar ingredients anyway - as I wash my hair daily (2 doses of shampoo) and it just cascades over my whole body so I use those suds. I will get a bag to hang on the shower door and a folding chair when I can't bend or stand for long. I hate baths-sitting in all that dirty water, ugh!