Gransnet forums

Chat

Prince Andrew latest.

(118 Posts)
Bluebellwould Fri 31-Jul-20 16:14:50

I’m staggered by what I have just read in the DM. Apparently PA asked for a sweetheart deal for Epstein’s sentence according to the court documents released today.
I am absolutely shocked and disgusted. I suppose he was just being loyal! What do you think?

Chewbacca Fri 31-Jul-20 16:30:09

What's a sweetheart deal?

Whitewavemark2 Fri 31-Jul-20 16:33:37

Epstein had the best deal ever after his first arrest!

Bluebellwould Fri 31-Jul-20 16:35:43

A sweetheart deal is, I believe, something to get a lighter sentence for the culprit.

NotTooOld Fri 31-Jul-20 16:36:40

Sweetheart deal? What's that? Does it mean he won't be charged with anything if he comes clean?

Chewbacca Fri 31-Jul-20 16:58:42

What a difference between this waste of space and his sister who's still working hard at 70. I'd like to think he's ashamed of himself but I doubt it.

Bluebellwould Fri 31-Jul-20 17:17:52

In America their system seems to be very much one of negotiation for charges laid. Something along the lines of if you give evidence against someone else or say you are guilty without having to have a trial you can get a reduced sentence. Apparently PA ‘put pressure on US government to give Epstein a lower sentence’. How and why I do not know.

Oopsminty Fri 31-Jul-20 17:19:39

I read that. Are we sure it's true?

If it is, I'm lost for words

eazybee Fri 31-Jul-20 17:20:38

I do wonder what pressure Prince Andrew could apply to the US government?

welbeck Fri 31-Jul-20 17:42:02

pleas bargaining is commonplace in USA.
a lesser looser form of it also happens here, though could never be called bargaining.
eg i agree to plead guilty of common wounding if you drop the GBH charge. advantage for me, a lesser sentence for a lesser offence but also the goodwill of having been co-operative with the judicial process.
advantage to them, no need of a trial and the vast expense.

Grany Sat 01-Aug-20 08:38:12

Did the palace know about this and have they, till now covered it up?

New developments today: Prince Andrew 'lobbied US government' on behalf of paedophile Jeffrey Epstein - documents reveal

Grany Sat 01-Aug-20 08:59:06

Prince Andrew is trending on Twitter. Bet he is sweating now ha.
What did the palace know

What did they know ?
What did they do about it ?
Who knew in government?
Who knew in the police?
Did pathetic deference to royalty enable abuse?
The Queen has also let him maintain military titles, public funding & 300K security despite not being a working royal..

Luckygirl Sat 01-Aug-20 09:07:24

The more I hear about this man, the more I despair. Manipulation of privilege - utterly grim when you consider the charges and the poor victims.

25Avalon Sat 01-Aug-20 09:07:27

No wonder he kept or was kept well hidden at his daughter’s wedding.

Charleygirl5 Sat 01-Aug-20 09:14:34

I could not hold my head high if he were my father. The way he is acting now he is not Prince Innocent.

Anniebach Sat 01-Aug-20 09:43:09

Should a child be too ashamed to hold their head up because of the actions of a parent

eazybee Sat 01-Aug-20 09:49:29

The release of the court documents reveal, as reported in today's Daily Telegraph:
two alleged victims of Epstein claim that the Duke, and a Professor Alan Dershowitz tried to intervene to secure a 'sweetheart deal'; to lobby for a lenient plea agreement;
The papers released are from a now settled 2015 defamation lawsuit, filed by Virginia Giuffre against Ghislaine Maxwell; she claimed £23 million, the amount of damages she received is undisclosed.
It is also suggested elsewhere in the documents by Guiffre's lawyers that Epstein was potentially using her to gather incriminating evidence on the Prince:
"Epstein instructed 'Jane Doe' (Guiffre) to give Prince Andrew what he demanded and required her to report back to him on the details of the sexual abuse."

This is the man PA was trying to protect through the bonds of friendship.
What a contemptible fool he is, to be involved in this cesspool.
What an unpleasant whore Guiffre is.

NotSpaghetti Sat 01-Aug-20 09:53:46

No Anniebach, I think the feelings about the actions of one generation should not be transferred to the next. You do not choose your parents.

On the other hand, you are likely to be deeply embarrassed by them and certainly dismayed.

Anniebach Sat 01-Aug-20 09:57:17

Thank you eazybee

JenniferEccles Sat 01-Aug-20 09:59:21

Isn’t it amazing how siblings can turn out so differently?

I watched the tv programme last week about Princess Anne. She came across just as we had always imagined her to be, a hardworking, no fuss no nonsense Royal just getting on with her 500 + engagements a year.

Then we have the spoiled, petulant, self indulgent waste of space that is Andrew.

Anniebach Sat 01-Aug-20 10:02:58

I agree NotSpaghetti , when this sort of thing is spoken of
it reminds me of a woman ,some years ago, who was asked why she travelled from Scotland to a prison in England every
month to visit her son, a mass murderer, she said -
He is my son.

Chewbacca Sat 01-Aug-20 10:05:56

What an unpleasant whore Guiffre is.

She was a child of 17 when she was trafficked into the sex trade by Epstein and Maxwell; not a whore. And she's a respectable married mother of 3 now; not a whore.

Grany Sat 01-Aug-20 10:06:17

PA was trying to protect So to make it easier on him He is not that stupid.

Roberts was an innocent trafficked by Maxwell to powerful men

She deserves all damages compensation And these powerful men whomever they are should be forced to face justice.

Trump on video 2015 was heard saying the island is an absolute cesspool ask prince Andrew he knows.

Chewbacca Sat 01-Aug-20 10:13:06

I wonder why there's no mention of the PA updates on the BBC news? hmm

Anniebach Sat 01-Aug-20 10:22:41

Nothing on SKY news either , perhaps because they are claimed allegations