Gransnet forums

Chat

Prince Andrew latest.

(119 Posts)
Bluebellwould Fri 31-Jul-20 16:14:50

I’m staggered by what I have just read in the DM. Apparently PA asked for a sweetheart deal for Epstein’s sentence according to the court documents released today.
I am absolutely shocked and disgusted. I suppose he was just being loyal! What do you think?

25Avalon Wed 05-Aug-20 17:01:54

There is going to be a new spitting image programme in the Autumn. They have puppets of Boris, Cummings and PA amongst others. Maybe they will put the PA one with a PA puppet ............ Just a thought!

Oldwoman70 Wed 05-Aug-20 16:01:56

Different woman - I'm talking about the alleged spitting image puppet incident which occurred in one of Epsteins houses.

Anniebach Wed 05-Aug-20 15:06:21

She was groped in Tramps nightclub ?

She came forward after the Andrew interview, that was not
several years ago

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/aug/04/witness-claims-seen-prince-andrew-mayfair-club-virginia-giuffre

Oldwoman70 Wed 05-Aug-20 14:07:18

As I recall the person who witnessed it made a statement to that effect several years ago and claimed she herself was groped.

Would you forget if you had unexpectedly bumped into a member of the RF? I vividly recall when I was a small child, the Queen visited the city and a stranger put me on his shoulders so I could see her passing.

Anniebach Wed 05-Aug-20 12:59:55

There were builders working on the front of my bungalow last
week, we had chats, I can’t remember their faces

Sparklefizz Wed 05-Aug-20 12:55:52

Can anyone here recall expression on faces of people they saw in a nightclub 20 years ago ?

I can't recall the people, let alone their expressions!

Anniebach Wed 05-Aug-20 12:47:07

What’s the point, he has and will deny it,his word v her word,
how can it be taken further ?

She may have a witness but if it’s anything like the witness who suddenly remembered the look on Giuffre’s face 20
years ago in Tramps !

Can anyone here recall expression on faces of people they saw in a nightclub 20 years ago ?

Oldwoman70 Wed 05-Aug-20 12:21:32

I thought another young woman - present at the time - confirmed the spitting image puppet accusation? Whether it is true or not PA could clear up a lot of speculation if he would give a face to face witness interview to the FBI.

Parsley3 Wed 05-Aug-20 12:18:59

Anniebach

Parsley did she name them or were they named in documents ? I can’t find anything other than her and Andrew

They were named in the court documents that were unsealed in 2019. Sorry, I can’t give a link but there are a lot of articles that were written when the documents were released. Lots of denials too.

Anniebach Wed 05-Aug-20 12:14:23

Epstein controlled her yet she ‘took a break from sex work’

Oopsminty Wed 05-Aug-20 11:46:52

Sparklefizz

Has anyone considered that some of this may be fake news planted to destabilise the UK?

I don't think so.

But I've been reading some of this woman's memoirs and it's making for quite odd reading

In one passage, she describes her encounter with a man that Epstein called "Rick," who she said at the time "was a hotel owner of some large chain in American called 'Hilton,'" (page 66). Though in her 2016 deposition, she said she couldn't recall the name of the "large hotel name owner.

What is that all about? She wouldn't have forgotten his name.

I've no idea what I think. I totally believe that Epstein was vile. No doubt about it. But it all seems rather strange. The Disney chairman? Jacques Cousteau's granddaughter?

www.businessinsider.com/inside-jeffrey-epstein-accuser-virginia-roberts-unsealed-memoir-2019-8?r=US&IR=T

Sparklefizz Wed 05-Aug-20 11:36:05

Has anyone considered that some of this may be fake news planted to destabilise the UK?

Soozikinzi Wed 05-Aug-20 11:34:49

I think guiffre has been fantastic she’s turned her life around and is now the married mother of 3 children, that’s been their undoing really. They expected her to fall into a life of drugs and prostitution.

Grany Wed 05-Aug-20 11:25:18

Think about this.

Our money, given to the royal family, is being used to pay lawyers, to keep a man who is suspected of being involved in underage sex trafficking, away from justice or even just scrutiny.

Oh and address him as Your Highness.

Anniebach Wed 05-Aug-20 11:10:28

These are some of the claims which cause me to doubt some
alleged witnesses

After Andrews tv interview a woman came forward to support
Giuffre’s claims about dancing with Andrew at Tramps,

She remembers them dancing, she stepped on his foot and
apologised, she remembers the look on Giuffre’s face , this after 19 years , and she doesn’t claim to be one of Epstein’s
victims and refers to Giuffre as ‘the girl’ , so didn’t know her !

Anniebach Wed 05-Aug-20 10:47:07

Thank you Grany a UK team

Whitewavemark2 Wed 05-Aug-20 10:43:59

Grany

Yes Annie in the Telegraph and New York Post

nypost.com/2020/03/08/prince-andrew-hires-formidable-lawyer-amid-fbi-probe-into-jeffrey-epstein-links/

Wonder who is coughing up the money for that?

HM I suppose

Grany Wed 05-Aug-20 10:42:16

Yes Annie in the Telegraph and New York Post

nypost.com/2020/03/08/prince-andrew-hires-formidable-lawyer-amid-fbi-probe-into-jeffrey-epstein-links/

Whitewavemark2 Wed 05-Aug-20 10:40:34

Oopsminty

Iam64

The DM reports this morning that the papers released allege that PA was given a spitting image puppet of himself by Epstein/Maxwell. It is alleged he used that puppet to "grope" two young women.
This is such a bizarre allegation - I suppose its possible it was made up.......

The Spitting Image allegation is nigh on impossible to believe

If you saw the Epstein documentary, you’d believe anything.

Oopsminty Wed 05-Aug-20 10:38:33

Iam64

The DM reports this morning that the papers released allege that PA was given a spitting image puppet of himself by Epstein/Maxwell. It is alleged he used that puppet to "grope" two young women.
This is such a bizarre allegation - I suppose its possible it was made up.......

The Spitting Image allegation is nigh on impossible to believe

Anniebach Wed 05-Aug-20 10:10:48

Grany do you have a link re Andrew hiring a lawyer ?

Anniebach Wed 05-Aug-20 10:08:24

The spitting image allegations were made in an unpublished book written by Giuffre and a judge ordered it to be released

Grany Wed 05-Aug-20 09:51:16

P Andrew hires General Pinochet's former lawyer, an expert on extradition law, as he fights FBI Epstein probe

Iam64 Wed 05-Aug-20 09:47:42

Anniebach Tue 04-Aug-20 16:54:46

Parsley did she name them or were they named in documents ? I can’t find anything other than her and Andrew