Gransnet forums

Chat

Well, got my leg over again!

(9 Posts)
phoenix Fri 31-Jul-20 22:22:24

Thank you all for the posts!

Doodle you are VERY naughty!

GrannyGravy13 Fri 31-Jul-20 20:34:37

Phoenix I haven’t ridden for a year. When I go up to our yard I find myself mucking our or helping the little ones.

We sold our last horse a few months ago. I miss being able to hack out especially at twilight when the lights go on in houses and we get to see inside.

Our DD has competed since she was 10 and is in the process of changing from cross country to dressage (being a mum of two trying to be responsible)

One of the advantages of riding is it is really good for ones pelvic floor.

Keep on trotting ?

crazyH Fri 31-Jul-20 20:25:25

???

Doodle Fri 31-Jul-20 20:22:42

squiffy if you find any diagonals, may I borrow them please. ?

Doodle Fri 31-Jul-20 20:22:04

My goodness sex is much more difficult than I remembered.
I know you can’t just sit there and think of England but to have to be aware of your diagonals....well I don’t remember that bit.
So your heels come up, well that’s not such a bad thing especially if you’re on the underside and I have always thought that rising to the “trot” was a benefit to both parties.
Once a fortnight is not too bad for a good workout. If you practice, you may be able to get your leg over more often ?

Squiffy Fri 31-Jul-20 20:12:53

phoenix I’ve never been aware of my diagonals. I didn’t even know we’re supposed to have any! Should I be worried? ??? Scuttles off to see if I can find any …..

phoenix Fri 31-Jul-20 19:07:21

Thank you Carenza I still need a mounting block confused but better that than damaging the poor horses back trying to scramble aboard!

Today's horse was 15.3 hh, I'm 5'2" !

Managed to dismount without any aids, but it did seem a long drop!

Carenza123 Fri 31-Jul-20 18:48:26

Well done Phoenix! So nice to get back in the saddle and its such a sense of achievement. It definitely is good for your mental state and keeps you supple.

phoenix Fri 31-Jul-20 18:34:27

Hello all,

Flushed with good feelings after my 1 hour hack, I booked a half hour private lesson! shock

My goodness, it was much harder work than the hack! This made me feel like a rider, rather than a passenger!

For anyone who thinks you just sit there, you dont! It works muscles that have been dormant for ages!

However, I came away very chuffed, the instructor said my seat was goodblush and noticed that I was aware of my diagonals (and corrected them) when doing rising trot ?

She also complimented me on my hands,(not state of, use of) but said my heels had a tendency to come up when trotting, a fault I've always had.

Aaanyway, I think it does me good, helps to try to get more supple.

Plan is to do it fortnightly, but that will be weather dependent!