Gransnet forums

Chat

My latest purchase is <drumroll>.... .......

(83 Posts)
FlyingHandbag Fri 07-Aug-20 18:21:01

...A ladyshave...
Hi all,
I have very very fine and slow growing hair on my legs and underarms, which up until recently I hacked bits from my legs with tamed with a disposable razor.

I always seemed to cut my legs when shaving (probably because I always seemed to do it in a rush), so yesterday I decided to buy a ladyshave, to see if that would be better, it arrived today and is absolutely amazing!
It took under 5 minutes and there was absolutely no cuts or discomfort! (My mother also came in handy to check the back of my legs for any bits that I missed).

I thought I would share with you all in case someone was looking for something similar. Hope you're all well. X

Orangerose Sun 09-Aug-20 09:46:44

Callistemon

Why?

Because I formed an opinion on the replies I read.

Why?

Callistemon Sat 08-Aug-20 23:05:30

FlyingHandbag
I think that is part of the problem, doing things in a rush instead of taking time for ourselves.

I find I'm always putting on nail varnish at the last minute and hoping it will dry and not smudge before I get to my destination.

Not that I'm going anywhere at the moment.

Callistemon Sat 08-Aug-20 23:01:53

Orangerose

Confusedagain

Comments seem a bit mean to me makes me reluctant to post anything

I agree.

Why?

Callistemon Sat 08-Aug-20 23:01:05

GrannyLaine

I did pluck my legs (using eyebrow tweezers) one day during lockdown when I was a bit bored. Quite a good result. Just think the threading looks nifty when those Indian girls do it.

nifty
Nifty?

Not the word I would use GrannyLaine!!

45 minutes and not one hair removed by yours truly.
It's back to the vintage Phillips razor for me.

MamaCaz Sat 08-Aug-20 20:19:05

I'm another who has never needed to shave my legs - not a hair to be seen on them.

Since the menopause though, my face needs constant attention if I'm not to turn into the bearded lady. Mind you, if I need a new career in the future, there might be a potential opening for me there ... ?

NotAGran55 Sat 08-Aug-20 19:52:10

You can borrow my scythe Chewbacca if you like?
Just done mine for the summer .

Chewbacca Sat 08-Aug-20 18:54:30

The state of my legs since lockdown, I'd need a lawnmower to get them hairless.

Lucca Sat 08-Aug-20 17:54:15

I don’t think they are mean in fact I think there are some really amusing posts

Callistemon my DIL has taught herself to do threading on eyebrows and I think upper lip......

The thought of tweezering leg hair makes me squirm

Orangerose Sat 08-Aug-20 17:46:18

Confusedagain

I agree.

MissAdventure Sat 08-Aug-20 17:44:44

You post whatever you want to, confusedagain.

It's just good natured banter (I think!) smile

Confusedagain Sat 08-Aug-20 17:12:57

GrannyLaine Sat 08-Aug-20 15:10:11

I did pluck my legs (using eyebrow tweezers) one day during lockdown when I was a bit bored. Quite a good result. Just think the threading looks nifty when those Indian girls do it.

grannyrebel7 Sat 08-Aug-20 15:00:47

Flyinghandbag - Definitely!

Callistemon Sat 08-Aug-20 14:58:41

This threading business is tedious.

I give up. 10 minutes and not a single hair removed.

FlyingHandbag Sat 08-Aug-20 14:56:43

sharon103

I remember my mum rubbing a grey sandpaper thing on her legs to remove the hair.
I shave my legs only below the knee down and have the scars to prove it.

Do you mean SilkyMitts? X

sharon103 Sat 08-Aug-20 14:54:24

I remember my mum rubbing a grey sandpaper thing on her legs to remove the hair.
I shave my legs only below the knee down and have the scars to prove it.

Callistemon Sat 08-Aug-20 14:40:13

How is that supposed to work then? I haven't managed to pull out one.

Callistemon Sat 08-Aug-20 14:36:39

I'm going to have a go right now

FlyingHandbag Sat 08-Aug-20 13:19:04

Lucca

Wish I could draw. Love to do a cartoon of you threading away as pages from the calendar flicked over.....

That would be hilariousgrin. X

Lucca Sat 08-Aug-20 13:11:44

Wish I could draw. Love to do a cartoon of you threading away as pages from the calendar flicked over.....

Lucca Sat 08-Aug-20 13:09:10

Callistemon

What!
You mean legs, GrannyLaine?

I'd be there for weeks.

????

BlueSky Sat 08-Aug-20 12:24:58

Calli really now even less!

FlyingHandbag Sat 08-Aug-20 12:23:51

lemongrove

I feel for your poor Mother Flying as I imagine her crawling on the bathroom floor checking the backs of your legs for rogue hairs.?

I did it dry in my room, so she just crouched down. X

FlyingHandbag Sat 08-Aug-20 12:22:14

Lexisgranny

I found as I got older my legs rarely need shaving, and my eyebrows have also stared to disappear so this is a much bigger problem for me as they are pepper and salt, but heavy on the salt. I have yet to find an eyebrow pencil that looks natural, blonde, grey, hazel, light brown, I’ve tried them all.

Try having your eyebrows tinted. X

Lexisgranny Sat 08-Aug-20 11:34:34

I found as I got older my legs rarely need shaving, and my eyebrows have also stared to disappear so this is a much bigger problem for me as they are pepper and salt, but heavy on the salt. I have yet to find an eyebrow pencil that looks natural, blonde, grey, hazel, light brown, I’ve tried them all.