Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(66 Posts)
12Michael Tue 11-Aug-20 06:15:49

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking like the start of another hot and humid day here in Brackley this morning.
Today , a trip to Buckingham and Bicester on the buses , coffees in both towns .
Return home ,and relax , I only hope this weather breaks to a more enjoyable temperature.
Take Care ,
Mick

cornergran Tue 11-Aug-20 08:07:21

Morning Mick, morning All. Blue sky over our corner of Somerset, a still morning after yesterday’s breezy day. Bit of dust removal for us today. Happy birthday wishes to mr gelisajams. I can imagine the disappointment gilly, what a shame for the children. Be kind to yourselves and stay safe.

harrigran Tue 11-Aug-20 08:12:33

Good morning from an overcast NE.
Summer, what summer ? We never get the heat that the south of England get, very sad because we have beautiful beaches but too cool to sit on them.
DH has a CT scan tonight which will give him hours of discomfort because of all the water he has to drink.
Happy Birthday to Mr Gelisajams

MellowYellow Tue 11-Aug-20 08:18:29

Oh gillybob I could weep at the thought of your little chap's bag already packed, so sad.

Urmstongran Tue 11-Aug-20 08:22:39

Well gillybob it seems the Celtic player Boli Bolingoli didn’t listen to Nicola Sturgeon - he flew out to Spain to party and didn’t quarantine on his return - then played in the match against Kilmarnock on Sunday. Why do these stupid footballers think rules don’t apply to them? The Scottish league may have to be halted now and Nicola Sturgeon is furious.

Lins1066 Tue 11-Aug-20 08:28:18

Happy Birthday to Mr Gelisajams

Pittcity Tue 11-Aug-20 08:29:03

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester where we have just had a short rain shower. It feels warm and humid and will get up to 30 again later. I don't like it and will do very little again.
I've been trying to get DH to invest in a small air con unit as these hot days are getting more common here, but he is happy with his little fan.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 11-Aug-20 08:39:01

Happy Birthday to MrGelisajams

Urmstongran. I have been going to the local gym for 20 years, I have two personal training sessions of half an hour a week along with three classes . I cannot say I enjoy it but I have made some wonderful friends.

Puzzler61 Tue 11-Aug-20 08:43:03

GrannyGravy well done for all your fitness pursuits.
Where do you find the energy? Especially on these humid days. I applaud you ?
Are you training for Marathons?

EllanVannin Tue 11-Aug-20 08:51:24

Good Morning All x. I'm okay, everyone smile

Yes, it's been warm-ish here for the past week but have had very little sun with it and I'd actually donned a cardigan in the evenings.
Last night we had the mother of all storms with lightening flashes constantly and thunder rumbling for quite some time as there was no breeze to blow it all away. Heavy rain too.
I must have slept though, albeit a disturbed one.

D and the children set off for Durham on Saturday morning to see their sibling , by trans-pennine train ( 3hrs ) but they weren't too bored and had a full day out together looking around the area and had lunch in a nearby park. After an overnight stay at a Travel-lodge, they were going to go to the cathedral but there was a service on so that was out. They were all back early Sunday evening.

On Thursday D travels there again by herself this time so GS is taking charge of the children and D will be taking the child to see the castle after meeting up with those who do the caring etc., she's the only child there with others being on home release. Her stay there is until November, after that we don't know as yet.

I've also been keeping abreast of my own interest which is a forthcoming appeal of a man who's been in prison for 35 years for a murder he didn't commit----though he'd been found guilty on a 2-10 verdict. The problem being that his defence team weren't given all the applicable files and photographs during trial. If his appeal is successful it'll be the biggest miscarriage of justice this country has ever seen.

Marydoll I'm so glad the big day went well and I'm sure it was enjoyed by all. I must say, I much preferred the setting that had been organised in the garden, more uplifting.
A well-earned rest is now in order.

Hope everyone isn't suffering too much with the heat, ours has been about 8-10 degrees lower here so it's bearable. Right now the sun's out but there's a lovely breeze lifting the voiles here grin Gulls are screeching though ( stormy weather )

Spain and France will be hot too but it's a different kind of heat, ours is more the burning sort somehow. I love the continental heat. Hope those in these areas are well x.

Welsh lamb chops today---can't get enough of them they're delicious and I have some new pots to use up from Sunday so must gather some mint for the chopping of.
Did all the hoovering yesterday so nothing much to do today, I'll make sure of that.

Will catch up as I go along. Hoping everyone's well and remains virus-free xx

Anniebach Tue 11-Aug-20 08:51:34

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Justwidowed Tue 11-Aug-20 09:14:10

Good morning Mick and his followers from a cloudy Lancashire.
What a night we had in and around Preston. The sheet lightening started about 11.30 and continued until 4AM. Heavy rain about 4a.m. for a very short while.Today a blue sky with a few clouds but not as warm as yet.
Hair appointment this morning and then a trip to town and hopefully lunch out ,probably Wetherspoons. I must admit it's one of a few spaces that I'm happy to dine alone.
Happy birthday to everyone celebrating today

and best wishes to Marydoll and Mr Gillybob Stay safe and enjoy today.

Marydoll Tue 11-Aug-20 09:19:30

Good morning all from a very damp Glasgow.

A very quiet day for me today, (if you believe that, you will believe anything!).

I never made made it back to GN yesterday, it was hectic.
The missing bride and he new husband turned up early morning, just after registering their marriage and then turned up again in the evening with a bag of goodies for me. Do you think she is missing her mum? wink

Yesterday was the first time I had to administer my new treatment at home and I made such a hash of it!!! grin.
Everytime I plucked up courage to inject myself, the door bell or phone rang! The result, I have a painful leg this morning, I couldn't find enough skin to pinch, (TMI), as my legs are too fat!!! grin.

I got a message from a very old friend, sending her best wishes for the wedding. News travels very fast in our wee town. She told me she had been in hospital during the night unwell and had been tested for Covid. She was sent home and told to isolate for eleven days and wait for the result. She is 76 years old, I'm so very worried for her. I think she thought the guidelines didn't apply to her! sad

Three of my friends/ neighbours and partners had been invited to the full wedding, so I spent the afternoon in the cul de sac, delivering wedding goody bags of cake, beer and Prosecco and asked them to toast the happy couple.
Of course I couldn't just hand them over, I had to chat to them and anyone else who walked past! wink.
As I'm still basically still shielding, like Norsat ?I'm craving company. sad

The wedding photos: My future DIL has most on her camera, so I planned to post some of mine, once I downloaded to One Drive. However, my Microsoft account has been blocked , due to suspicious activity. I'm the cause of the suspicious activity, for goodness sake. My password and one time only access codes aren't working and I thought I was very tech savvy!!!??

DD has a beautiful dress and shoes, but wants to save them for a big celebration nexxt year, hence the trainers with her new name, embroidered on them. I have asked DH to put my unworn MOB outfit and ENORMOUS hat up the loft, as every time I see it, it reminds me of my daughter's disappointment.
However, I have to say, I have never seen her so happy. She was glowing on Saturday. ?

Gilly, what a disappointment for your wee grandson, he must be so disappointed.
I hope our missing friends are still reading and I'm sending my best wishes.

I hope I haven't missed anyone out. I have brain fog today due to my treatment, at least I didn't have the usual nightmares! ???
Have a good day everyone.

Susan56 Tue 11-Aug-20 09:36:11

Good morning from Shropshire.Sunny at the moment.

Lovely to see you back Ellan?

Gorgeous photos Mary.?

Henry grabbed DGD’s breakfast spoon this morning and has had a dreadful allergic reaction.He is not allowed his medicine from tomorrow in readiness for his tests next week so it’s going to be a tricky week.My head is all over the place worrying about him?

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 11-Aug-20 09:41:40

Morning all from a pleasantly warm South Notts. It's nice at the moment but I don't know what it's going to do later. Rain would be most welcome. I went out for a little walk around 6.30 am which is very unusual for me and the breeze was very comfortable.
I had to inject myself Marydoll each day when I was on chemo about five years ago. It was only temporary and although I had some experience I still had to buoy myself up beforehand and dreaded it a little.
How disappointed your little GS must be Gillybob with his bag already packed. Covid is having such a bad effect on all of us in different ways.
Hope today goes well for everyone and is cooler and more comfortable for those of us who are wilting in the heat.

BladeAnnie Tue 11-Aug-20 09:42:31

Good morning all from a cloudy but very warm and sticky mid-Notts. Mr BA has just put the aircon unit on in the lounge so I can do my sainsbury's order in relative cool comfort. Also have some bits of sewing to attend to and macaroni cheese to make for tea . I saw DD1 and DGD yesterday - however is she nearly 1?? Marydoll - your daughter looked beautiful and so happy. My DD1 wore customised trainers with her new name on with her big ivory wedding dress with grey ribbon laces to match her colour scheme. I thought they were lovely and my mum was horrified with her Haha!! Hope everyone has the best day possible and please stay safe x

Grandmafrench Tue 11-Aug-20 09:42:52

Good Morning everyone!

It’s soooooo warm! I shall say no more.

Very glad to see you back, upright-ish ? and organised, Ellan. Your Daughter’s a Trouper! Hope the little one is benefitting and I bet the others love all their away-days!

Sad about that footy trip for GS, gilly. Maybe one day everything promised will actually happen again. Yesterday we drove along the coast to pick up our newly-ordered letterbox. We avoided the Autoroute which is only rammed with Spanish and Italian trucks of fruit and veg., at this time of year. I counted, as we travelled through such pretty villages - cancelled, cancelled, postponed, cancelled - as each poster advertising some fun events or an annual gathering displayed the info that it was not going to happen. So sad.

Hard ? peaches, Nortstat ? They make a lovely dessert, warm or cold with cream or ice cream, if you cut in half, take out the stone, fill the bottom of a dish with the peaches - cut side up - and then put a good knob of butter and some soft brown sugar in each hole. Bake until soft. (Save some for me?)

Happy Birthday Mr G - the world needs Leos ?????
Good luck, Mr Harri , ?for later ?.

GrannyGravy I think we’ve all come over rather tired now! ??
Fabulous the NHS have tracked you down Mellow...be honest about your pain levels — no playing it down. This is your big chance!

To all in pain, worried, sad or even just a bit fed up, hope Tuesday is kind to you. Please remember to take care and keep safe.

Hugs from ?? ????

EllanVannin Tue 11-Aug-20 09:44:16

Aww Susan, I know the feeling well ( worrying ) x Children and illnesses.

Taichinan Tue 11-Aug-20 09:47:22

Lovely photos Marydoll! So glad it was such a happy, memorable day x

Marydoll Tue 11-Aug-20 09:47:27

Susan how awful for you. I can understand how stressful this is. My younger son has to carry an Epipen for emergencies.
His baby years were traumatic, worrying every time he ate something. Food shopping was a nightmare and I had to read every label for ingredients. Forty years ago, my worries about food allergies were dismissed as me being a a neurotic mother until he went into anaphylactic shock after eating a nut. His Epipen was only available in the USA at thatt , which was a great worry.
He ended up with a very bland and boring diet.
My heart goes out to you and your family. Nowadays, medics have so much more knowledge and expertise about these things, I'm sure they will be able to help and support wee Henry.

EV, so glad to see you back!

EllanVannin Tue 11-Aug-20 09:51:52

Marydoll x

gillgran Tue 11-Aug-20 10:00:32

Good Morning to you all from another very hot & humid Cambs., ( after an extremely hot & sticky night).

Thank you for sharing your lovely photos Marydoll.
Gillybob, what a disappointment for your DGS, hope your DH soon starts to improve.
Nice to see you on here again, EllanVannin, I like your 'chats'.

Warm & friendly wishes to all who are 'under the weather',

We are off to Norfolk later today, our DD & her family are joining us tomorrow for a few days at our little 'home-from-home', It's DGD3's 6th. birthday, during their stay.
I will be out of wi-fi/internet range, so have a good few days, & Take Care Folk.

Susan56 Tue 11-Aug-20 10:06:00

Thankyou Ellan and Mary.

Your experience Mary with your son reading labels and worrying every time he eats something is what my daughter is going through at the moment.To think your concerns were dismissed is so upsetting?

Grandmafrench Tue 11-Aug-20 10:06:14

Fab fun, Marydoll - thanks for sharing it all. You’re going to do just fine with those injections - horrible but needs must, remember? And if it helps you get better, bring it on!

BladeAnnie toning laces and shocking your Gran - that’s just how those occasions should be (Bride’s wedding, Bride’s rules!) with lots more fun and happiness and a lot less worry and stress, I think. ?

Nasty shock, Susan and bad timing. But try not to worry too much - at least everyone’s primed and watching now for what may or may not happen. It may just be a difficult week with a really grumpy Henry, so don’t fear the worst. Everyone will need Granny to stay strong. ( One day I may tell you about a 12 month old’s sudden allergic reaction - in the wilds of the Greek mountains - and this Granny’s life flashing before me........and it turned out o.k.) x

Urmstongran Tue 11-Aug-20 10:16:59

EV’sback! Yay!! xx
?

Now we just need BlueSapphire and dragonfly to return. Best wishes to you both.

Susan56 ? your tiny boy is in good hands.

Marydoll Tue 11-Aug-20 10:17:57

Susan, take heart. This is the sickly baby now! He looks like someone from Braveheart.
Lockdown has done this to him! grin. He used to go to the gym everyday and his beard was always trimmed! I'm desperate to take a pair of scissors to that beard!