Gransnet forums

Chat

summer time music

(5 Posts)
welbeck Tue 11-Aug-20 16:38:14

i have stumbled across some YouTube channels of young/er
people listening to classics of pop/rock from the 60s onwards.
they play the music, often with a film clip of the artiste, and comment on it.
i know it sounds boring but i have found it delightful and uplifting. often they have never heard the piece before nor of the artist. it is fascinating to hear their reactions.
i like JayVee tv, and Jamal aka Jamel. some of the really young ones, teenagers, do not interest me, but maybe some of your GC might be amused by them.

Fennel Tue 11-Aug-20 16:28:23

Not exactly relevant but try playing your own music outside, especially this:
www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b017nf05/gershwins-summertime-the-song-that-conquered-the-world
Maybe even your husband would like it?

farview Tue 11-Aug-20 14:29:50

No you are not being unreasonable...times are tough for us all just now...especially young people who should be having the time of their lives...its only music..and they sound like caring neighbours...would H wear some earplugs maybe...

MerylStreep Tue 11-Aug-20 14:27:55

Tell him to stay indoors with the doors shut while you sit in the garden enjoying people enjoying themselves.
God, I hate misarable people. Except of course where there's good reason.

travelsafar Tue 11-Aug-20 14:13:15

We have a delightful family next door and they are very social people, always gatherings through the summer months. I enjoy listening to the chatter and laughing when in the garden. The OH hates it, and everytime the young girls play their music it gives him the chance to moan. He moans about everything mind you, but this really spoils summer for me. We end up fallling out as i disagree with him, its usually only a few days out of the summer they can do this kind of thing. He was quick to ask them to buy things during lock down when we couldnt get to the shops. I feel he is being very unfair. AIBU